• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
This morning at 3 am I left this thread and went to bed. I was up to date. Been flat out working all day so couldn't get to the site to catch up. Started about 8pm to catch up. TWO AND A HALF HOURS LATER (and I'm a quick reader) and I've just read the last post.

How do you guys keep up with jobs and families. This thread is insane.

T

Train Without a Station

This morning at 3 am I left this thread and went to bed. I was up to date. Been flat out working all day so couldn't get to the site to catch up. Started about 8pm to catch up. TWO AND A HALF HOURS LATER (and I'm a quick reader) and I've just read the last post.

I basically bludge at work. Don't tell my boss.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)

Renaming this thread to something like "Kurtley Beale-Di Patston Saga", and having a separate thread regarding Bill Pulver's and the ARU's [mis]management might spread the posts around. Circle-jerkers (or to be less vulgar, members of the mutual admiration society) will then have their own, relevant thread to pontificate in.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So far In the last hour or so Rebecca Wilson has been called a bitch and a bogan.

Maybe the thread has gone on for to long and people have forgotten what it is about?
If that is the case, it should be reported. Personal attacks are not on. My current connectivity does not make perusing the whole thing practical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

liberty

Frank Row (1)
Rupert Guiness' article lamented that Pulver wasn't able to compel KB (Kurtley Beale) to do an interview with them after the hearing or on the Saturday when Rebecca Wilson painted KB (Kurtley Beale) as Nelson Mandela.

Perhaps the problem isn't with everyone else?

I watched the press conference (at least the bits that News/Fox showed... maybe selectively edited?).

When the "where's Kurtley" questions arose, I thought it looked like the idea that KB (Kurtley Beale) should have been available had completely evaded BP (I know...!). As if he had not even asked KB (Kurtley Beale) to be there - let allow instruct. (Maybe my read of it is incorrect, I hope!) (Source: just my read of it.)

As for the Saturday on-again / off-again press conference... a stuff up. Indications are that BP wanted that , but couldn't make it happen. (Source: the unreliable and maligned media and forum commentary without which we would know nothing, and with which we know, well, nothing). A leadership indictment whichever way you look at it. Probably KP was doing his photo thing for News at the time. (Just some ironic humour - not intended to be a fact.)

How do these exclusives get arranged anyway - via the manager? If the manager had negotiated an exclusive with News resulting in BP's calls being ignored in order to protect the exclusive - well bad advice, and BP annoyance skyrockets. (No fact, just speculating.)

Reading this bloody thread is like playing Jewel Mania.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
If that is the case, it should be reported. Personal attacks are not on. My current connectivity does not make perusing the whole thing practical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Isn't the fact that the recipient is, say, Alan Jones, Rebecca Wilson, Greg Growden, or Miranda Devine mitigating circumstances though?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
This would, presumably, have hampered "forensic examination" of the phone:
"Compounding the ARU’s “toxic” image problem is a growing suspicion of a cover-up in the texting scandal following the revelation that Beale lost not one but two mobile phones since he texted Patston on June 9.
Compounding suspicions is the fact that the mobile phone on which Patston received the June 9 text Beale intended for Wallabies teammate James Hanson, but mistakenly sent to her instead, also has gone missing after allegedly being handed in to the ARU.

If the rugby blog sites are to be taken seriously, there is a groundswell of opinion that Wallabies supporters no longer want Beale wearing their country’s colours'
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...scandal-rolls-on/story-e6frg7o6-1227104106651

He's doing well to get a ground swell of opinion from this thread :confused:

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Right now Australian rugby is deserving of all the bad press that can be dished out regarding this matter..............

THE Australian Rugby Union has a bigger problem than the Wallabies’ current inability to beat the All Blacks.

In the wake of the Kurtley Beale-Di Patston case, the sport has a woman problem. That much was apparent when many of Australian sport’s leading female figures gathered in Sydney yesterday to attend the Asia Pacific Women and Sports Conference.

Claire Braund, executive director of Women on Boards Australia, questioned whether women could have confidence in the ARU given its handling of the situation.

“What message is it sending to the rest of the community if he gets a slap on the wrist?’’ she asked.

“From the point of view of women it says: ‘Why go and work here?’ If the ARU is trying to pitch itself to women, it has some challenges ahead.’’

Academic Johanna Adriaanse, the co-chair of the international working group on women and sport, said the ARU was too slow to address the issue and the outcome was unsatisfactory.

“The end result is that the woman has lost her job and Kurtley Beale was fined,’’ she said. “He sent this sexual harassment around but the result is to her detriment.’’

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...dominated-sports/story-e6frg7o6-1227104070542

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
From the same article IS posted above...............

Wallabies prop Ben Alexander, who was seated next to Beale, is believed to have attempted to pull him back into his seat while two other players, Will Genia and Christian Leali’ifano, rushed from three rows back in business class to intervene.

The Australian understands serious consideration was given to sending Beale back to Australia but when McKenzie was persuaded by captain Michael Hooper and vice-captains Adam Ashley-Cooper and James Slipper to let him remain with the touring party in Buenos Aires, Patston then decided that she would return to Australia instead.

The ARU integrity commission has to establish whether there was an element of physical intimidation about the incident. Witnesses have confirmed Patston cried for two hours afterwards.

I personally don't have a lot of faith in Beale receiving the punishment he deserves..............

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
If the rugby blog sites are to be taken seriously, there is a groundswell of opinion that Wallabies supporters no longer want Beale wearing their country’s colours'
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...scandal-rolls-on/story-e6frg7o6-1227104106651

Your Link is unfortunately, Restricted Access. It all VERY odd though, is it not?...

Do these lads at the ARU just get to 5.00 O'clock and then just Head Home - (a bit like the Sheepdog and the Coyote on that Cartoon)? - Oh well, tomorrow is another day... No initiative at all, to try and bring matters to a clean and effective conclusion?

Also - if the two matters were to be dealt with separately at the request of Beales' Lawyers, then would it take a genius to realise they needed to be dealt with at least one-after-the-other, where the ARU was able to exit the Hearings with the matter dealt with...

To be honest, its hard to believe the whole thing could not be dealt with in a Single, Long Day - or at least over the course of a single weekend...

Stranger & Stranger.

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
So if the second text is so offensive why have Jones and Wilson not named the perp. Listening to those two crap on last night I had me checking the Pope's schedule to see when he was going to make KB (Kurtley Beale) a saint.
Making something else seem worse does not make KB (Kurtley Beale)'s offence any better which is what those two were trying to do. They both seem to suffer a severe dose of amnesia as to the length of the KB (Kurtley Beale) rapsheet.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Because neither of them know anything. Just trying to make themselves seem important. Presenting themselves as the resource for everything rugby but really knowing fuck all. I just the words of all the mods on GAGR then them.

Status
Not open for further replies.