• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Uh. she was a fucking admin assistant at some point not so long ago, so surely she was keeping her own profiles up to date?

We hear about the ARU cutting budget to the point where Patston was covering multiple roles, but someone was updating her LinkedIn profile for her?

What the fucking fuck?

LinkedIn Pfitzy?

Very nice:D

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I wonder when the ARU will release some information.

Maybe they'll wait until later tonight so they can miss the evening news.

The wait is getting frustrating. Plenty at stake.

T

Train Without a Station

I'm sick of reading about ex-players chiming in with comments along the lines of if Link sacks Kurtley it's at his own peril.

Either he has done nothing wrong and nothing changes, or he is in the wrong, and he's done. I don't care how popular he is or how great he has been with the Waratahs, that's irrelevant to the issue. Much like if he was the least popular member of the touring party and had been woeful all year that would not be relevant to the topic.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm sick of reading about ex-players chiming in with comments along the lines of if Link sacks Kurtley it's at his own peril.

Either he has done nothing wrong and nothing changes, or he is in the wrong, and he's done. I don't care how popular he is or how great he has been with the Waratahs, that's irrelevant to the issue. Much like if he was the least popular member of the touring party and had been woeful all year that would not be relevant to the topic.

The ex-players only comment about it because they have regularly scheduled media appearances and it's the biggest issue in Australian rugby right now (Phil Waugh was on Foxsports News or something this morning which is where his comments today come from).

From what most of the players are saying (including Waugh), there's a whole lot more to this than just Kurtley Beale.

This could either end up being a non-event or it could be just about the most dramatic issue in Australian rugby in recent years. So hard to know how it's going to play out.

So many potential factors and repercussions for the ARU to consider.

T

Train Without a Station

I'd like to hear one ex-player talk about maintaining standards and team culture. They'd have to look back a few years to find somebody with a bit to offer on that topic though.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
On the 'gender' issue, you should've heard the silly tirade by Rebecca Wilson on SEN radio the other day. Wilson says something to the effect "what other footy code has a woman handing out discipline to players". So whilst there are little (if any) real facts out there, Wilson just wanted to shoot her mouth off. Just the whole tone of it was appalling.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)

It frustrates me,because anyone who has spent more than 10 seconds on the topic,knows it's no longer Link's call,it's out of his hands.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
What really can be expected at the Pulver 4pm presser?

Pulver: Kurtley will face an ARU judiciary over an incident that occurred on tour
Journos: What was the nature of the incident?
Pulver: It is not appropriate to discuss the incident whilst the judiciary process plays out?
Journos: There has been much speculation about an exchange between Kurtley and Ms Patston.
Pulver: well, you know, there's always going to rumour and speculation. Its best we allow the judiciary process to take its course?
Journos: will Beale be sacked?
Pulver: I do not want to pre-empt any outcome of that hearing

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
What really can be expected at the Pulver 4pm presser?

Pulver: Kurtley will face an ARU judiciary over an incident that occurred on tour
Journos: What was the nature of the incident?
Pulver: It is not appropriate to discuss the incident whilst the judiciary process plays out?
Journos: There has been much speculation about an exchange between Kurtley and Ms Patston.
Pulver: well, you know, there's always going to rumour and speculation. Its best we allow the judiciary process to take its course?
Journos: will Beale be sacked?
Pulver: I do not want to pre-empt any outcome of that hearing

Possibly could be an early ruling on weather or not he's available for Bledisloe 3, or could mention if others will also face the judiciary or just Beale. But yeah it seems like the sorry of thing that could have been done in a release, rather than a conference.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Managers are a dime a dozen. Rugby players good enough to play a lot of Tests for their country are a rare commodity.

Beale might well be a difficult person to manage. But that's what managers get paid for.

The brightest talent who ever worked for me was a nasty, difficult little prick. He was a Cambridge graduate who had worked for Arthur Andersen, and he had an ego the size of Texas. But I managed him.

He said to me one day "It's the grit in the oyster that creates the pearl".

I hope Pulver knows something about how to manage talented people.

T

Train Without a Station

That's all well and good Wameral, but no successful team allows it's players to not fall in line.

Link has a proven track record of getting the very best out of players who have not shown much prior or for a long time (Quade Cooper, Beau Robinson, Radike Samo, Adam Wallace-Harrison, Anthony Fainga'a just to name a few).

The team has to be bigger than any individual, regardless of how good they are. No player is good enough to carry a team that cannot play like a team due to a poor culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.