• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
You tend to think that these messages have got to be pretty serious given the reference to them being "deeply offensive" and getting a District Court judge to run the hearing.

Makes one wonder whether they are more in the nature of photos that shouldn't have been taken than name calling for example.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
It's all a set up, they are falsifying examples of behavior appropriate of an NRL player so they jump all over him

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You tend to think that these messages have got to be pretty serious given the reference to them being "deeply offensive" and getting a District Court judge to run the hearing.

Makes one wonder whether they are more in the nature of photos that shouldn't have been taken than name calling for example.

I think it's common practice to have someone of such a position to head a tribunal............

But yes, Pulver's language in the press conference was quite serious.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don't like Tooheys New but they do make prophetic ads.

A pre-enactment of matters which happened recently in Business Class on the SAFFERAIR A340 flight from SAF to ARG?

Kurtley was unable to get enough cases of Tooheys New from the Cabin Crew to pay off his debt under the Beer Economy rules. That's what caused the stink.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)

Worth noting it's 'images' rather than photos, could be Photoshops/memes or something else other than just a picture inappropriately taken.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)

A theoretical scenario: Patston is part of a group who administer team discipline, therefore she knows about the deeply offensive texts sent in June. (Perhaps she was the subject of the abuse). In her team management role she is privy to the closed door discussions about the options facing the ARU regarding KB (Kurtley Beale)'s future. When the storm in a t-shirt blows up on the plane, she is offended by KB (Kurtley Beale)'s remarks and blurts out a harsh rejoinder to him, knowing that KB (Kurtley Beale) has just blown any sympathy the ARU was holding for KB (Kurtley Beale).

Anyway, I'm going back to my day job of writing fiction about sport.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Re read the Press statement, it says June. I assume that is 2014. That makes it 1…2…3…4 months.
It happened in June, they only just found out. From the press release:

“We became aware of this incident this week and believe an independent Tribunal is the appropriate forum for these allegations to be considered."

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Are there any precedents for the Code of Conduct Tribunal? Previous matters dealt with? Types of penalties?
But jeez....as Rugby Mum 2 says, how can Pulver say a new issue has arisen; it's been 4 months!
I'm flabergasted.
Thanks for pointing that out Slim.
I'm still flabbergasted.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Maybe KB (Kurtley Beale) was just tired and cranky on the plane and not under any influence of alcohol. We've kind of agreed that there probably wasn't any alcohol involved in TShirtgate.

But we learn today that the good stuff all happened in June. Hmmmm... Maybe there was some alcohol involved in this incident after all .... ... ....
How much does Gagger really know? About EVERYTHING?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bloody smart phones, tweets and texts and players.

Didn't we learn anything about responsible uses for smart phones from Quade when he told us like it was about life in Dingoland?

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I'm over KB (Kurtley Beale). If found guilty, give him "community service" as a wardsman in a West African Ebola hospital.
That should help to get his mind back into to right 'zone'.

Status
Not open for further replies.