• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
To'omua is injured, isn't he?

He and Simmons were both concussed against South Africa and are in doubt.

Given that the team is being announced in an hour and a half and it's after midnight in Argentina the team must have already been decided and those players would have either been passed fit or not yesterday.

T

Train Without a Station

He and Simmons were both concussed against South Africa and are in doubt.

Given that the team is being announced in an hour and a half and it's after midnight in Argentina the team must have already been decided and those players would have either been passed fit or not yesterday.

Word is To'omua is likely to play. Simmons unlikely. Pfitzy will rejoice.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
A couple of obsevations:

If a player has issues with management re logistics etc, probably the cabin of an A 340 isn't the place to take this matter up.

If it's something specific to the flight schedule, we can blame the ARU for a lot of things, but it can't control which airports planes depart and arrive, nor the services available on planes. Nor does the ARU or its employees load baggage onto planes.

It's a fair bet that any heated conversation conducted in an aeroplane cabin will be heard by all present. The Wallabies would take up most of the seats on business in an A 340 wouldn't they?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It doesn't matter as to why. The bloke doesn't need to have an argument with anybody, certainly on a plane and in "public"

He will himself fuck off or be fucked off (prior to EOYT). One or the other.

Goodbye KB (Kurtley Beale) - wish you all the best in League

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
How reasonable/probable is this scenario:

- Players given the green light to have a couple of drinks after the game and some/most/all partake.
- Some (maybe just KB (Kurtley Beale)) have a couple more while waiting in the airport lounge or during flights.
- KB (Kurtley Beale) either gets a bit silly/loud/drunk and the HR type reminds him that he probably shouldn't be drinking or have any more given previous history (does KB (Kurtley Beale) have alcohol clauses in his contract maybe?) and KB (Kurtley Beale) tells her to go jump.

That could be it maybe or if she took offence and try to further admonish KB (Kurtley Beale) it could've escalated form there.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A couple of obsevations:

If a player has issues with management re logistics etc, probably the cabin of an A 340 isn't the place to take this matter up.

If it's something specific to the flight schedule, we can blame the ARU for a lot of things, but it can't control which airports planes depart and arrive, nor the services available on planes. Nor does the ARU or its employees load baggage onto planes.

It's a fair bet that any heated conversation conducted in an aeroplane cabin will be heard by all present. The Wallabies would take up most of the seats on business in an A 340 wouldn't they?

According to the Lufthansa website (They probably didn't fly with that mob but their configuration showed up first from google), the A340-300 series has a 44 seat business class, with the long bodied version A340-600 having 60 business class seats.
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Lufthansa/Lufthansa_Airbus_A340-300_C.php
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Lufthansa/Lufthansa_Airbus_A340-600.php

Do all the Wob entourage travel up front or just the players, with support staff back in cattle?
Regardless, it is a fairly safe bet that the Men in Gold, and their snouts, pretty much took up most of the Business class seats.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It could have been that an unwanted relationship approoach was made TO KB (Kurtley Beale). Rejection by KB (Kurtley Beale) caused the argument......

Had enough of this stuff. Think I'll just wait for the recrimations that will surely follow.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Her Linkedin indicates that she moved from the Reds when Link took the wallaby gig. This suggests to me that if he didn't poach her, he at least had significant experience working with her and considers her decent at the role.

She looks about 30 years old. You'd need a fairly strong character to deal with these guys at that age, especially as a female.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
It could have been that an unwanted relationship approoach was made TO KB (Kurtley Beale). Rejection by KB (Kurtley Beale) caused the argument..

Had enough of this stuff. Think I'll just wait for the recrimations that will surely follow.

Yeah you better give it a rest before you make any wild speculations

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
According to the Lufthansa website (They probably didnt fly with that mob but thier configuration showed up first from google), the A340-300 series has a 44 seat business class, with the long bodied version A340-600 having 60 business class seats.
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Lufthansa/Lufthansa_Airbus_A340-300_C.php
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Lufthansa/Lufthansa_Airbus_A340-600.php

Do all the Wob entourage travel up front or just the players, with support staff back in cattle?
Regardless, it is a fairly safe bet that the Men in Gold, and their snouts, pretty much took up most of the Business class seats.

SAA flies that route in a A340-600. Looks a fairly comfortable ride in business:)
http://www.flysaa.com/bw/en/flyingSAA/NewsLetters/archive/January2010.html
http://www.airbus.com/aircraftfamilies/passengeraircraft/a340family/a340-600/cabin-layout/

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
So Di got herself a comfy seat for the trip , KB (Kurtley Beale) decided to hit this piss that night before the plane leaving at 6am thinking he would be able to sleep it off in busness class. KB (Kurtley Beale) to pissed to organize his own life and missed out. KB (Kurtley Beale) noticed Di settling down into her comfy chair with his team mates also doing the same. KB (Kurtley Beale) didn't like what he saw and as he has a brain of peanut affected booze he once again made big deal in public over nothing.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I had just finished typing this when I found out he'd been axed:

----

This has all been blown out of proportion. From what it seems, KB (Kurtley Beale) had a bit of a go at an ARU staff member on an early flight to Argentina.

People have suggested that there was alcohol involved. Rubbish. If he had been drinking, the incident was the day after, and there is no way in hell that he was drinking on the flight when surrounded by his teammates and coaching staff. He would have had to have consumed a huge amount the night before to still be pissed, and I personally believe that he wouldn't have given the thin ice he's currently on, nor would have his teammates allowed him to.

Others have suggested that he blew up at a support staff member due to the missing luggage / ridiculous travel plans. If everyone inter-work dispute over incompetence (perceived or otherwise) was recorded in the papers, each day's release would be thousands of pages long.

What has actually been reported is the fact that he apologised. Not only this, but Ewen and the other staff (who would have been present) are yet to come to a decision, thereby inferring that it can't have been too serious after all.

From the sounds of things, it was a minor disagreement, with the individual on the receiving end chucking a tantrum (whether justifiably or not) and going home.

It's very easy when names like Kurtley Beale, Quade Cooper and James O'Conner get thrown around in the press for us to all grab our pitchforks and torches and demand their heads.

It was only last week I saw Michael Hooper, Bernard Foley and Nick Phipps out on the town drinking probably a bit more than they should have been, and I've seen James Horwill and members of the Reds squad during the Super season in a very similar context. Likewise, I saw Kurtley Beale on a night out about eight months ago, and the difference between my encounters with him and other Wallabies was that the next day I was reading about the fact he'd been out in the papers - despite no incidents whatsoever.

Once a close friend even saw the entire Wallabies squad (or a large majority) in King's Cross (I believe it was during the Lion's series) and again the paper's the following day only cared to mention the fact that Kurtley Beale had been there.

Because of who they are, who the public perceives them to be and their past indiscretions, every little thing they do gets huge media coverage and mountains are made out of molehills.

Until the complete set of information is released, I would advise people to withhold judgment on KB (Kurtley Beale) or risk feeling silly in the near future.

----

However, I stand by the general sentiment of what I wrote, and it hasn't been confirmed that he was axed because of the incident itself. Perhaps Ewen has been reading the match thread from the weekend, and has dropped him on form, because the majority consensus here suggests that he doesn't deserve a spot in the 23 on form alone.

Full story here: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...ed-from-wallabies-lineup-20141002-10oyx3.html

T

Train Without a Station

I reckon Beale is fucked. Glad his gone if so. Would doubt alcohol has anything to do with this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.