• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
You know who'll be really happy?

England. Wales. Fiji.

Oh I dunno.

If this finally leads to the blowing out of cobwebs and shit from the pipe, and lets the rest of the players get on with the job and focus, they would be worried.

They'd be happier if this was swept under the carpet and the friction continued destroying the team from the inside. (Not referring specifically to KB (Kurtley Beale), just the clear attitude and player disharmy in the squad)

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I think fatprop is right.

By the sounds of it, these texts were happening in June, (funnily enough, the first time KB (Kurtley Beale) was in a Wallaby squad of Link's) and were accidentally sent to, i'm guessing, Patston.

She either decided to let it go (boys will be boys etc), or said nothing out of fear of it exposing her and Link, or she kept quiet and used it as an insurance policy.

It seems that the texts were brought up in the flight, and have subsequently been found and exposed.

Total shit fight, and again Beale is at the centre of it.

bobdog

Frank Nicholson (4)
I've read some illogical stuff in my lifetime, and this is right up there.

I doubt the ARU, even with their track record of "mismanagement" would want an investigation like this.
Fucking illogical....where's your logic in saying that! If you open Pandoras Box you fucking OPEN it and deal with it ALL. No picking and choosing irrespective of what comes out.
Call this for what it is -a one eyed inquisition.
Do it properly.
So you want to investigate phones!
OK then...Investigate phones from the top down for content that maybe some players may take objection to as well. They should have an Ethics and Standards of Behaviour code as well for the bloody coach and all those marked as Management. Bit of fairness might help. This is beyond KB (Kurtley Beale) now!
When you star a fire you bloody should know where it can go!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
According to Pulver this came to light on Tuesday? So, it's been....

1.... 2.....

2 days.

But surely the recipient/s would have been aware since June. So either the recipients didn't let the ARU know until 2 days ago or the ARU has know for some time. Very murky indeed.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
It sounds to me as if Patston kept the messages to herself in the name of team harmony at the beginning of TRC, and they may never have seen the light of day... ...until Beale pushed his luck with some public churlishness, forcing the messages to the forefront of the subsequent investigation.

The knoll feels nice and firm under foot, I wonder if it has a clay base?

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Fucking illogical..where's your logic in saying that! If you open Pandoras Box you fucking OPEN it and deal with it ALL. No picking and choosing irrespective of what comes out.
Call this for what it is -a one eyed inquisition.
Do it properly.
So you want to investigate phones!
OK then.Investigate phones from the top down for content that maybe some players may take objection to as well. They should have an Ethics and Standards of Behaviour code as well for the bloody coach and all those marked as Management. Bit of fairness might help. This is beyond KB (Kurtley Beale) now!
When you star a fire you bloody should know where it can go!

Where's the witch hunt?

KB (Kurtley Beale) has been stood down, Pulver has given a reasonable explanation under the circumstances. KB (Kurtley Beale) is not being denied natural justice. If throughout this process he reveals questionable things related to the coach and it management then I would expect RUPA to press those home.

Your posts seem to thing this is a one sided affair and judgements are already made.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Where's the witch hunt?

KB (Kurtley Beale) has been stood down, Pulver has given a reasonable explanation under the circumstances. KB (Kurtley Beale) is not being denied natural justice. If throughout this process he reveals questionable things related to the coach and it management then I would expect RUPA to press those home.

Your posts seem to thing this is a one sided affair and judgements are already made.

Good point.
KB (Kurtley Beale) has RUPA to advise and assist him during an independent investigation. Due process? Natural justice? Clearly yes.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well, apparently last Australian Rugby walked into The Tool Shed, it asked the bloke behind the counter if they could look in the "VIP* Selection" for anything double-ended and wrapped in barbed wire, because it "just wasn't enough" the last time they got the rotating black elephant with the inbuilt camera and the flash probe.

Holy fucking fuck what a fucking pack of utter fucking imbeciles, from top to fucking bottom.

If this is going any where towards where "deeply offensive text and images" usually go, then the matter is more serious than the person for whom this thread is titled

1) As I stated earlier: the DSWYE** clause should be enacted to anyone responsible, regardless of the position they hold. That, to me, is serious misconduct when it has the ability to interrupt the harmony of a touring party

2) Beale and anyone involved in sharing that message need to go. No ifs, buts, or maybes. That is utterly unacceptable behaviour, and if it was on team-supplied gear (like the iPads all players seem to have these days) then it is gross misuse of company equipment and would result in instant dismissal under the Acceptable Use policies of pretty much any organisation who has one

3) The entire metric clusterfuck of committees, sub-committees, commissions, panels, consultancy boards, advisory units, superjunkets and other bullshit that this political animal runs on needs terminating. Drop the napalm, throw the match, and walk away in slow mo.

EDIT: I volunteer to do it ONLY if RUPA are included in the genocide of numpty fucking self-serving rugby pricks.

Too long have Australian Rugby supporters been passively supporting this old boys' junket, and look what it has produced. I cannot summon any more words. I just can't. No wait, I fucking can:

***ts. Utter, gormless, ***ts. Is it any wonder we're a minority sport?

* Very Intense Pain

**Don't Shit Where You Eat

Status
Not open for further replies.