• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
And for the honesty session - why not invite Alan Jones, Andrew Slack, Tony Shaw, John Eales, Nick Farr Jones, Willie O, Peter Fitzsimons (if he'll sit in a room with Jones) and Toutai Kefu to the honesty session, let them listen in on it, and give you guys a bit of fucking honesty back. Honesty's a two way street.

Pathetic, self entitled, over-rated.

I don't think we want Jones anywhere near the wallabies.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
The difference in the language Hooper used regarding Beale and McKenzie is stark.

Asked if Beale deserved to be sacked, Hooper said:

Asked if he backed McKenzie, Hooper said:

I don't believe Hooper is an idiot, and assume he probably speaks for the majority of the players. There sure doesn't seem to be many current Wallabies going off the record to disagree with him.

Like many in here, I believe his unequivocal backing of Beale is probably an error in judgement, but to quietly bump Link under the bus like that says volumes about how the players regard the current set up.

People talk about the stake Hooper has in keeping Beale at the Tahs, but I would have thought he'd personally have more at stake as the Wallaby captain in giving a less than enthusiastic defense of his coach.

Hooper was just worried that if he came out in support of Link Spiro would write an article calling him selfish. He has his reputation to consider after all...

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So fake that it got through the newscorp lawyers who vett this output?
A human tragedy on many levels.
Not saying it's not real.. Just sounds so weird.. Oh I'm crying and I won't tell ewen.. Thank you in in my room thinking about it.. Jesus..

Just FFS

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Those texts seem fake as fuck but probably not. Wonder who flicked em to news/fox?
Those texts coming in to the public arena serves Link's interests more than anyone else......
I'll wait for fairfax to publish something damning from KB (Kurtley Beale)'s mgr next.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Has this been posted yet? Brand new article from Iain Payten with specifics re: texts between Patston and Beale. According to this, Patston did keep the initial texts private and away from management (Ewen included), wishing to solve it on the down low.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/w...e-text-messages/story-e6frf55l-1227088174539?

IF this is accurate...

As I mentioned a few pages back there is a lot fishy about Georgina Robinson and her "senior players".

On DAY ONE of knowing her he pulls this crap. She tries to move on. Hardly a big scary discipline monster we are lead to believe. She does him a solid and he does whatever he did on the plane.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wow those texts are weird. Anyone surprised by Beale's grammar? They can't be word for word, was expecting much worse. I agree they seem a little fake or paraphrased.

What I don't understand is how Beale had Di's number on WhatsApp (which was the reported communication medium). Whilst it would totally be normal for a player to have an official's contact I think it would be weird to be through an 3rd party messaging service - maybe it's easier to communicate through when on tour?

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Wow those texts are weird. Anyone surprised by Beale's grammar? Was expecting much worse.

What I don't understand is how Beale had Di's number on WhatsApp (which was the reported communication medium). Whilst it would totally be normal for a player to have an official's contact I think it would be weird to be through an 3rd party messaging service - maybe it's easier to communicate through when on tour?

The functionality of something like whatsapp would work really well in the group environment and is free. I would imagine it would have been an offical communication channel for the team

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Has this been posted yet? Brand new article from Iain Payten with specifics re: texts between Patston and Beale. According to this, Patston did keep the initial texts private and away from management (Ewen included), wishing to solve it on the down low.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/w...e-text-messages/story-e6frf55l-1227088174539?
I recall an article (or articles) referred to in the initial pages of this thread - as the revelations about the 'deeply offensive' texts were coming to the fore - that Link was aware of, and dealt with it in June.

Pulver comes out in the press conference that these texts have only been revealed to them as recently as a week ago. Link reaffirmed as much in his press conference that he had no knowledge of them, despite it being maintained in a Fairfax or News Ltd. article that he dealt with the Di Patston and Beale exchange discreetly back in June, hoping to 'sweep it under the carpet'.

If this recent Payten article is reliable, then in my mind Link's position is not as tenuous.

Claims that Link was in more than a professional relationship with Patston, and that he swept the texts under the carpet and subsequently 'lied' to the ARU and the media looks to me like the work of Beale's backers wanting to drag whoever they can down with Beale.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Hooper must feel like a fucking idiot right now.

Sometimes you have to cut a man loose Michael.
You reckon this is new information to those guys?
I have the feeling we are going to hear more details about who knew what when.

Fairfax are pushing the players POV hard,whilst News seem to be more sympathetic to the other side.

T

TOCC

Fuck it, thats his career gone...
Kurtley you could have been remembered as something special, instead you will be remembered as what could have been.

France, NRL, England... Wherever it is you end up, i hope you learn to grow up and reach some of your potential.

As for Link, if as the recent article suggests that he only found out about the text messages following the 'shirt-gate' incident, then he has nothing to answer for apart from a loss in Argentina.

Status
Not open for further replies.