• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Some would say that he does that on the field, as well as off field.

Meanwhile in other news:
The "Quade Telling It How It Is" Thread took 3 days to get to 13 pages, a further 5 days to crack 50 pages, and broke the tonne after another 54 days, peaking at 135 pages on December 15 2012 (3 months) before eventually dying on page 137 on December 17 2013.

By contrast, this baby took 2 days to get to 13 pages, 8 days for the half century (same as Quade), and by all accounts will crack the tonne on Wednesday, 14 days after @TOCC started it all.

That should go on statsbunker.com

SammyP

Chris McKivat (8)
After reading the alleged texts I feel a whole lot more sorry for Patston. Originally I was disgusted (still am), thinking how terrible I would have felt if any of the guys I work with did that to me. But reading what she said (assuming its accurate) really just hit hard about how absolutely humiliating it would be. Personally I would have just wanted it to go away at the time, bringing it to my superiors would do anything but make it go away. I can understand her actions a lot better.
Plus it sounds less like a bitchy revenge move, and more like she warned him that if anything like that was done again she would tell, so he knew there was a chance the issue was not over and done with. I wonder what he said to her on the flight?
I must say, anyone who thinks doing something like that to a colleague is ok has lost any respect I may have once had for them. I find it embarrassing/disgraceful that our captain, someone who represents MY country seems to think that its ok.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I find that thought pretty damn sad.

Unfortunately, knowing a few younger blokes on facebook, its all too common.

You think pop culture on TV is sexualised? On the web, you'll find things that will keep you up at night worrying about any younger female relative you have. My daughter will be 7 on Saturday, and while she does dancing now, I'm considering getting her into karate next.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
I didn't really follow this story over the weekend but Growden is today reporting that "the ARU would be relieved that Patston has resigned."

Has anyone seen that being reported elsewhere?

It's going to be another long week in Australian rugby...

Growden and his snouts.

Pig+Snouts.jpg

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
Unfortunately, knowing a few younger blokes on facebook, its all too common.

You think pop culture on TV is sexualised? On the web, you'll find things that will keep you up at night worrying about any younger female relative you have. My daughter will be 7 on Saturday, and while she does dancing now, I'm considering getting her into karate next.

I advise the boys on my team something akin to "If you wouldn't want your mum to see it, don't send it".

Maybe there's a few guys who need that kind of "like a six year old" talking to at the Wallabies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Fuck Fairfax. Why do they keep reporting this:

After prompting an ARU integrity-unit inquiry that began last week, it has led to revelations of inconsistencies into the working and educational qualifications of Patston, to Beale being summoned to appear before a separate ARU code-of-conduct tribunal when evidence emerged in the integrity-unit inquiry that he had allegedly distributed inappropriate photos and text messages that referred to Patston, and to speculation about her relationship with McKenzie and growing power base within the team that led to her eventual resignation late on Friday.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/disjointed-wallabies-set-to-tell-the-truth-20141012-114yki.html#ixzz3FyZMfwGy

The ARU investigation has found the complete opposite and Fairfax speculation which has since been proved wrong is all that happened with regards to her employment history. If the media are going to continue siding with the players like this is it any wonder some seem to act and think they can do whatever they like.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
Train Without a Station said:
The only ridiculous statements are coming from people like you.

My post was a bit ambiguous but was talking about the team pulling together. The specific ridiculous statements I was referring to (and perhaps this thread demands a higher level of delineation here) were all of the ones that have been denigrating the players en masse in respect to their ability, commitment, intelligence, integrity and professionalism.

I know that all of them do not display all of these qualities all of the time but the commentary on this thread has been a bit over the top.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I spoke to someone on the weekend who definitely does know a fair bit about what's going on, have no intention of putting it all down here with respect to GAGR and the mods but there is certainly more to this than is in the public sphere (or possibly ever will be).
What we are seeing at the moment is each side leaking selective information (both accurate and otherwise) to their favourite journos to get their side of the arguement out in front of the public.
A couple of things though, is this the end of Kurtley? Probably
Is it the end of Link? Unlikely, he is odds on to take the side to the WC
Is all well within camp wallaby? definitely not.

T

Train Without a Station

Over the past 12 months, Patston, the Wallabies team business manager, alienated numerous Australian players.

Now that's a fucking big claim to make without providing any source to it.

ESPNscrum has in the past week been informed by Wallabies team sources of concerns within the playing group that some of their private emails may have been improperly accessed.

Another massive and completely fucking ludicrous claim without any basis. I've sent sensitive emails that I didn't want past employers to come across, so I sent it on my gmail. Hard to believe that players would have sent anything they were afraid of being seen, on the ARU server.

Team sources confirmed that Wallaby team harmony began to collapse even before the Dublin drinking affair on the team end-of-season tour of Europe late last year. Earlier in that tour, players were told by team officials that they had to be either 'with us or against us, and if you're against us, you won't be picked.'

The players were then troubled by Patston's increasing influence in the Wallabies preparation for Test matches, and her involvement in team discipline.

Very interesting they were concerned about her role in disciplining and her influence considering that she had not toured with the team at that point, and that the JOC (James O'Connor) incident was the only instance of disciplining that occurred, and ARU head office was heavily involved in this.

While Kurtley Beale's alleged derogatory text message, which was accidentally sent to Patston, is near impossible to defend, the Test midfielder still has the support of numerous team-mates, who are concerned he could be made the ultimate scapegoat.

Well they're pretty moronic then as the Beale case appears to be completely black and white and the penalty is obvious to all. Hard to be made a scapegoat when you are at fault.

he public sighting of Pulver in the Wallabies gear has not helped his relationship with some team members, who believe the green and gold colours have to be properly earnt.

Fuck I hope Growden is making this shit up. What the fuck do they think of the millions of people that wear sports merchandise? How dare the CEO support the team. Guess they would have been very anti-John Howard too.

The ARU's cost-cutting measures, due to the national body's serious financial woes, has also affected the playing group, with the Wallabies not having a proper team manager in recent times causing enormous problems, including luggage disappearing during their last trip from South Africa to Argentina.

Interesting to learn that Rob Egerton was responsible for baggage handling too. Not sure how that would work with airline regulations.

I can only hope this is all bullshit from Growden, because if it's true, the players are bigger morons than I originally anticipated.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Fuck Fairfax. Why do they keep reporting this:

After prompting an ARU integrity-unit inquiry that began last week, it has led to revelations of inconsistencies into the working and educational qualifications of Patston, to Beale being summoned to appear before a separate ARU code-of-conduct

Its their exit plan - first it was "questions" over her qualifications and now its "inconsistencies". Then it will slowly disappear as they turn their attention to reporting the game and the factual outcome of Beale's hearing.

I advise the boys on my team something akin to "If you wouldn't want your mum to see it, don't send it".

That's good advice.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
I have watched this whole sorry tale unfold without comment but with increasing frustraton of how far our great game has fallen into the gutter and to a greater degree some of the debate on this issue has been an incredibly sad commentary on how we live today.
Unlike a lot of other posters here I know a number of the parties involved in this nonsense.The comments i make are partly based on my personal observations of these parties and also some absolute facts.

1. Ewen McKenzie is the best person I have had the pleasure of meeting at a professional level in Rugby.
2. Kurtley Beale is at the opposite of this spectrum. He continually behaves in an immature and sometimes a lot worse fashion. The incidents reported re his time at the Rebels are actually by no means the worst of what really happened. The organisation galvanised to support him through some pretty dire circumstances and he paid them back by punching his captain.I completeley believe he is capable of the text issues he is accused of. Likewise i know he is capable of showing fake remorse and playing the "Im so stupid card"
3. Bill Pulver was warned early on in his tenure re Beale.When told by the Rebels that they were going to publicly announce that they would not be offering Beale a new contract due to his unacceptable behaviour he begged/cajoled the Rebels to stay quiet. And this was before the SA fight issue. For him to later call him a National Treasure is an absolute insult to the great Australians that fall into this category.
4. The player leadership group have a lot to answer for but again Im not surprised by their defence of Beale as i have seen it first hand. The Rebels group was quick to want to burn JOC (James O'Connor) whos biggest offence really was being a young smartarse. However they would defend Beale to the hilt even when his issues went to public safety. Basically their mentality came down to KBs a good bloke and JOC (James O'Connor) is not.What Michael Hooper said yesterday shows unfortunately that he is not close to being fit to be Wallaby captain.
5. The reporting of Rugby from the Fairfax press from the time of Growden to now has been for those that now what really happens , laughable in its inacuracy. Full of personal agendas run by their "reliable sources" .
6.For anyone to suggest that Beales text is not a sackable offence in the real world is a complete nonsense. In any workplace I have been involved with , see you later.

I remember saying to a previous very senior ARU official a few years ago that I was in love with the game of Rugby because of the opportunity it provided to enhance young peoples lives. He looked at me like i had two heads.I now understand why. The ridiculous almost endemic sense of entitlement from a number of the professional players is what will send this game down the toilet coupled with management enabling this.Heaven help anyone who trys to change this.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
You look at the playing group that Australian rugby has saddled itself with at the top levels, and you're left thinking "which of these guys loves the jersey enough to actually play for nothing? To just represent their country?"

Its the only way you're going to find a team that believes the game is bigger than them.

T

Train Without a Station

"which of these guys loves the jersey enough to actually play for nothing? To just represent their country?"

Horwill. Maybe Moore. Potentially Hooper. Pat McCabe.

Possibly others who keep their passion a little more subdued. I can put together a pretty big list of player who I DON'T think would play for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.