• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthemX1

Stan Wickham (3)
I wasn't in the room.
It was my twin brother that sent the texts.
Someone was holding my phone at the time, thats why I had to apologise for my (his) actions.

Keep it up boys, keep on nailing the coffin lid shut on Australian Rugby

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
If it looks like a rat, smells like a rat, does what rats do, it is probably a rat.

Is that the test here? Is it the "reasonable man" test ? Probability ???

This is beyond belief

Gorgodze

Bob McCowan (2)
I can't believe that the gist of that article is that a man, who allegedly sent a vile message about a woman, is going to use the fact she called him a pig after he did it, as a defence/mitigant of his actions. That article was actually published.

I feel like getting in a ball and crying.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
I hope KB (Kurtley Beale) is duly punished but not lost. There are many other forms of punishments that are appropriate to satisfy ARU need for safe workplace such as suspended sentence, trainings and workshops and appease anti-bullying campaigners such as community service at charity etc. The ARU has a duty of care and responsibility to a player they have raised within their systems.

D

daz

Oi! Leave the surgical references to me, and I'll abstain from pinching your lines, if it please the court!

So KB (Kurtley Beale) gets ordered to have his "offending tissue" removed, and in walks Doc Cyclo, scalpel in hand, crazy eyes peeking above the mask.

That is some frightening shit, right there.

T

Train Without a Station

I hope KB (Kurtley Beale) is duly punished but not lost. There are many other forms of punishments that are appropriate to satisfy ARU need for safe workplace such as suspended sentence, trainings and workshops and appease anti-bullying campaigners such as community service at charity etc. The ARU has a duty of care and responsibility to a player they have raised within their systems.

I hate this "duty of care" crap. In Kurtley's case, everything he has ever done wrong, it's blatantly obvious that these things were wrong.

In most cases he has been punished, and then his behavior has erred again later.

What employer has a "duty of care" to educate their employees to the basic rules and laws of society?

But that brings it back to what's duly punished? If this was the only time Beale had stepped out of line in his 6 or 7 years in the game, perhaps a harsh punishment that doesn't involve termination would be reasonable.

Whilst it's a serious offence that he has allegedly committed, in isolation you could reasonable believe that it is an anomaly of character.

But it's just another item in a pattern of behavior. Unless i'm wrong, was he not already on his last chance after the Rebels incident(s) last year?

At some point you have to say, it's no longer acceptable. Punishments are used as a deterrent, and you have a responsibility to the game to apply these punishments to deter others from similar actions.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

The old "stocks" in Martin Place for a period of 2 weeks might be apt. Free fruit and veges for the spectators.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Prediction:

KB (Kurtley Beale) will be bumslapped. ARU, in a further effort to save $$$$ will put him on a Malaysian Airlines flight in an attempt to get him to London.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Can we take wages on likely punishment.

I'll go with:

1) suspended for six months;
2) required to attend Counselling; and
3) pay nominal fine.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think the guaranteed ARU top up will be removed. He'll be left with the option of playing Super Rugby and then only get match payments if he's selected for the Wallabies.

He'll be suspended for the 3rd Bledisloe and at least some of the EOYT (but won't go on the tour). There will be a further suspended sentence covering some or all of next year's tests.

There'll be a nominal fine (the hefty part of it being that several hundred thousand dollars in a guaranteed contract) is off the table.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Well, the Tahs can have the bloke - culturally this is not a good thing for the team IMO.
Still think he will voluntarily piss off from Australian rugby either to Europe (still in rugby) or League

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
I hate this "duty of care" crap. In Kurtley's case, everything he has ever done wrong, it's blatantly obvious that these things were wrong.

In most cases he has been punished, and then his behavior has erred again later.

What employer has a "duty of care" to educate their employees to the basic rules and laws of society?

But that brings it back to what's duly punished? If this was the only time Beale had stepped out of line in his 6 or 7 years in the game, perhaps a harsh punishment that doesn't involve termination would be reasonable.

Whilst it's a serious offence that he has allegedly committed, in isolation you could reasonable believe that it is an anomaly of character.

But it's just another item in a pattern of behavior. Unless i'm wrong, was he not already on his last chance after the Rebels incident(s) last year?

At some point you have to say, it's no longer acceptable. Punishments are used as a deterrent, and you have a responsibility to the game to apply these punishments to deter others from similar actions.

Wheres your humanity? Forgiveness? Compassion? Yes the forum has made it quite clear KB (Kurtley Beale) doesnt quite tick the right boxes. And I'd suspect he hasnt made your xmas card list. But the bloke is contrite and will continue to be, forever more. He has made great strides to improve all aspects of his game on and off the field. Yes the incident happened, but from all accounts he was quick to make amends. Why condemn someone, when he potentially could be the best walking "Larazus' to warn younger generations of players, even team mates of impending doom :)

Status
Not open for further replies.