• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions in South Africa 2021

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Nar. Hogg is good, but he doesn't lay a hand on Folau.

I'll wait for Highlander to chime in here but he was scintillating in the Six Nations, a genuine complete fullback with no deficiencies and does break games open a la Folau.

Just looked up Folau and he's 32. Guess that makes sense, he played that Lions series 8 years ago, already after years in the NRL & AFL. Wonder if he's carving up the Spanish B grade rugby league team he's in.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I'll wait for Highlander to chime in here but he was scintillating in the Six Nations, a genuine complete fullback with no deficiencies and does break games open a la Folau.

Just looked up Folau and he's 32. Guess that makes sense, he played that Lions series 8 years ago, already after years in the NRL & AFL. Wonder if he's carving up the Spanish B grade rugby league team he's in.

Fuck 'im

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)

Yep, he was great in the 6N and should be the Lions starting fullback. Rather like Watson should be the openside, speaking of Scots.

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
Who'd they leave out that has you changing the balance?

Sinkler, Vunipola, Underhill, Tuilagi - For their playing style, i don't think the lions have the power to match the Boks without these guys

AWJ ive never rated very highly i think Gray & Ryan are better options

Care & May pretty hard done by

I like Ringrose but understand why he's not selected

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
Pretty underwhelming squad.

Few notable omissions - Sinkler, Underhill, Billy Vunipola, Sexton, Ringrose, Ryan, Gray, Navidi

It's interesting that they can say it's a form selection yet they've picked Courtney Lawes who's hardly played.

Bizarre and basically underwhelming.

Biggar at 10 is decent but not world class. Doesn't have the big game temperment of a Sexton

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Sinkler is a bit of a penalty magnet usually isn't he? I have always wondered about the worth of picking him.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Upset of the century coming in Lions "warmup" match vs Japan at Murrayfield.

A la 2019 RWC, JJoseph and Tony Brown will have planned meticulously for this one. Their XV packed with hand-picked gaijin mercenaries, they will go full kamikaze over the cliffs of Dover all over Scroteland.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Sinkler is a bit of a penalty magnet usually isn't he? I have always wondered about the worth of picking him.

He fucking demolished Aus and NZ in the RWC.

When he has his temper in check he's a more refined version of Tupou.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
SA looks to be facing another lockdown. Thoughts with our South African friends, does this mean BIL no crowds at all?

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
SA looks to be facing another lockdown. Thoughts with our South African friends, does this mean BIL no crowds at all?

Level 3 - curfew and restricted booze sales, not as bad as things have been but the govt has run out of leverage for their failure to vaccinate and so on.

Was always going to be no crowds anyway. SARU pushed for 25-50% from their end but that was never likely.

Boks have some issues at lock of all positions and perhaps centre if DDA is not good to go after himself, RG, CJ Stander and some other Irish bloke set themselves on fire.

No idea how things will go. The fact the Lions are being written off by all and sundry doesn't sit well with me.

Those are world class internationals.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
So the boks havent played a test since 2019RWC final?

Pretty fucken Boss in a way. "We're not playing stupid baby warmup tests versus dogshit like Italy and Tonga. We are the World Champions. We will assemble our players from around the world for big tests such as Lions tours. Apart from that? Go fuck yourselves you minnow cnuts."

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Pretty fucken Boss in a way. "We're not playing stupid baby warmup tests versus dogshit like Italy and Tonga. We are the World Champions. We will assemble our players from around the world for big tests such as Lions tours. Apart from that? Go fuck yourselves you minnow cnuts."

Not great for the ol' bank account though.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

Aren't they playing 2 tests v Georgia?

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeah we chose Georgia because they are the best and biggest bullies on the rugby planet. Nope. We were going to incorporate them in our domestic comp in 2020 AND play them internationally along with Scotland.

Let that sink in. SA rugby is doing more for world rugby than people think.

Now it's just going to be a brawl and the fecker that's paid the most will do the most damage ala old school. Nothing wrong with that. We'll take it on the cheek and cry a little bit, of course, without letting you know.

It was really the only game SARU could get.