• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Tour 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Draping a scarf over your shoulders does not count as "being bold by wearing gold".

This is all about trying to get some gold on display around the stadium. I will be wearing it, and if its as plastic as it looks probably also testing it out as a giant frisbee or pop-top.

It would be great if Wallabies fans throughout the series could respond to Lions chants in the stands the same way Reds fans did on Saturday - drown them out with your own chant.

ARU should've launched "Wallaby Gold" , "Go the Gold" or similar 3 word syllable chant years ago.
Wont the giving away of gold anything just cause the Lions fans to go back to their version of 'she'll be coming round the mountain' that goes 'you're only wearing yellow cos it's free'?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Brisbane City Hall showing it's colours! Go the Wallabies!
GoWallabies.JPG

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well, so far we have had one, against Queensland. Thought O'Brien was best player on park last night. I would like to see him play against international class oopposition with a view to picking him for the test.

You might not like them being here, but all of the Irish players have been standouts for mine.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Would you blokes say that the "warm up" aka tour matches in 2002 were of a higher standard?

Just asking because to me it appears you could be ticking the box on the whinge meter. I was at the previous Country Cockatoos V BIL fixture in Coffs Harbour. It was played on at what passes for a stadium in Coffs, which has mayb a couple of thousand seats and the rest is standing on the hill just like the old days. It was a great game and I think the Cockatoos scored one try to about 10 from memory. There wasn't a single Super player in the Country team either (again from memory).

My point is this tour is nothing different, and the BIL may indeed be getting better opposition than they got on the previous tour.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Would you blokes say that the "warm up" aka tour matches in 2002 were of a higher standard?

Just asking because to me it appears you could be ticking the box on the whinge meter. I was at the previous Country Cockatoos V BIL fixture in Coffs Harbour. It was played on at what passes for a stadium in Coffs, which has mayb a couple of thousand seats and the rest is standing on the hill just like the old days. It was a great game and I think the Cockatoos scored one try to about 10 from memory. There wasn't a single Super player in the Country team either (again from memory).

My point is this tour is nothing different, and the BIL may indeed be getting better opposition than they got on the previous tour.
I'm not complaining about last night's match that much. THink they could've done with a couple more top games before the test tho. Particularly when there is such competition for places in key positions. Conor Murray played like a man posessed. Sexton must surely be first choice 10. The pack plays so much better when POC is on the field and BOD looks like he's enjoying himself again. Of the Irish in the side, IMO only Best fails to stand out.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
That's cause your history is not that old, Australia is still a young enough country when compared with England, Ireland, Wales and Scotland.

You're quite right about that, but we're also not typically the kinds of people who break into song en masse at sporting events. Well not that I've observed anyway. The occasional chant, yes, but singing not really.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
You're quite right about that, but we're also not typically the kinds of people who break into song en masse at sporting events. Well not that I've observed anyway. The occasional chant, yes, but singing not really.
We don't even know the words to our own anthem.

It's not a bloody musical it's rugby :)

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
We don't even know the words to our own anthem.

It's not a bloody musical it's rugby :)

Beneath the radiant southern cross, we'll toil with hearts and hands.
Until this Commonwealth of ours, is renowned across all lands.

I can't remember the rest of the second verse. I shit you not though, that was from memory!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^^ and they sing extraordinarily well in the musical that is Welsh Rugby.

No silly reality tv show talent quest contestant butchering the national anthem squealing into a microphone. Just a massed choir with 60000 back up singers in the grandstand.

Bucket List Item.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Billy Twelvetrees, or 36 as he's known since his Leicester days, has been called up as general backs cover for the Lions.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Beneath the radiant southern cross, we'll toil with hearts and hands.
Until this Commonwealth of ours, is renowned across all lands.

I can't remember the rest of the second verse. I shit you not though, that was from memory!

pretty sure its "to make this commonwealth of ours" hahahaha :p

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
And the Blues, Dragons, Ospreys and Scarlets grounds are nearly as empty as most churches.
That's because the way welsh regional rugby was set up, not true regions at all the power went to the four biggest clubs, super clubs, not regions, I now watch my local side who are in a much lower league there is usually a couple of thousand watching them, this is the same for many clubs in Wales, Rugby has'nt died just moved;)

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
That's because the way welsh regional rugby was set up, not true regions at all the power went to the four biggest clubs, super clubs, not regions, I now watch my local side who are in a much lower league there is usually a couple of thousand watching them, this is the same for many clubs in Wales, Rugby has'nt died just moved;)

Valid point Dai, many disenfranchised supporters still watch their local side but the notion of all of a sudden thousands of Pontypool, Ebbw Vale & Newbridge supporters (for instance) heading to Rodney Parade to watch Newport (Gwent Dragons) was never going to happen. Good old David Moffet, eh ! :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.