• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Tour 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
If I wasn't supporting the Lions before I certainly wouldn't be now that the dirty lying w'nker Shane 'poisoned dwarf' Williams has been called up. If any single decision could demonstrate the hollowness of the Lions as a concept this has to be it.

Here's a suggestion. Don't watch and by gawd please stop posting this drivel.

It's really getting old.

Find something else to do until it's over. And try to get lost for a few extra weeks on the way back.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Shane Williams was categorically proven to have fabricated a story about Marcus Horan racially abusing someone, a pretty vile slander on a fellow pro rugby player. Maybe bringing that up every time his name is mentioned is puerile or drivel but trust me, every time his name comes up I will mention it. His call up is a fantastically divisive move by Gatland.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Lions caps shouldn't be handed out in the manner that Shane Williams is getting his this year, I'd have preferred any of the Welsh squad coming over before him it does smack of jobs for the boys. His carry on in the Marcus Horan affair is a reason not to like him but I don't think anyone could argue its a good rugby decision to call him up

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Shane Williams was categorically proven to have fabricated a story about Marcus Horan racially abusing someone, a pretty vile slander on a fellow pro rugby player. Maybe bringing that up every time his name is mentioned is puerile or drivel but trust me, every time his name comes up I will mention it. His call up is a fantastically divisive move by Gatland.
You're quite an obnoxious fellow too, I often wonder when I see keyboard warriors how much they would have to say in the presence of their accused, Have a nice day, Before you threaten me with violence I only have one eye have arthritis in most parts of my body have a heart condition and am asthmatic.;)

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Whatever his character faults may or may not be it seems to me to be a very canny selection for the game vs Brumbies. Unless as TPP seems to indicate, the Irish team members hold him in contempt in which case Gatland has made a grievous error.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
There were better players then Shane Williams that could have been called up. He's not been playing at a high enough level to justify his call up. Unless the Lions finances are in the same state as the ARU then the fact he was flying to watch the tests anyway is no reason to give away a Lions cap so easily.

Williams earned his other caps by being a top class winger but this one is not deserved imho. After all the talk about the Force lineup I wouldn't begrudge Jake White, or someone else connected to the Brumbies, having a sneaking dig at the quality of the Lions side.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Shane Williams? Is Gatland serious? They could at least pick someone who has played rugby at a decent level this season. You'd have to back the Brumbies with the team the Lions named
I don't get it either. Almost seems like they're saying if the franchises won't pick serious players we wont either!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
If I wasn't supporting the Lions before I certainly wouldn't be now that the dirty lying w'nker Shane 'poisoned dwarf' Williams has been called up. If any single decision could demonstrate the hollowness of the Lions as a concept this has to be it.
Think this is going a bit far even for you Plastic. This is ancient history, 2003 or 4 I think. You'll be bringing up Brian Price next since presumably that still rankles 43 years on! Ickle was one of the greatest players to play international rugby in the professional era. Apart from the thought posted earlier that they are taking the piss, cant for the life of me think why they have given him a game other than as a testimonial and to avoid injuries. Would love to see him score a trademark try though

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Unless you've got some insight into the inner workings of the Lions squad, I think you are exaggerating the impact of Shane coming to the squad on the cohesiveness of what seems at least from where I sit to be a group of players that are working well together an playing great entertaining rugby. Cant imagine that Ickle will play the whole game. Will be interesting to see how this works defensively. Both QLD and NSW showed that there is space to be gained by throwing the ball out wide against the blitz defence. Think if i was the ACT coach id be picking the biggest islander wing available

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
You're quite an obnoxious fellow too, I often wonder when I see keyboard warriors how much they would have to say in the presence of their accused, Have a nice day, Before you threaten me with violence I only have one eye have arthritis in most parts of my body have a heart condition and am asthmatic.;)

No keyboard warfare here Dai. Were I ever to meet Shane Williams, believe me, I would ask him why he falsely accused a fellow professional sportsman of racism. Until such time as such an unlikely encounter occurs, I will continue to bring up Shane Williams slandering of Marcus Horan every time Shane Williams name is mentioned on a public forum; I live in the UK so he can have me up for libel if he wants. Shane Williams was and, quite possibly still is, a fantastic rugby player but he is also a proven liar and we are not talking an ickle white lie either. Marcus Horan played, week in week out, with and against fellas of every race and creed, to falsely accuse a man in that situation of racism is beyond puerile or obnoxious drivel.

However, the self satisfaction of my reaction to the (for me extremely fortuitous) dove tailing of Shane Williams call up and the disarray it is showing in the Lions set up is not on. I have lost the run of myself abusing something that you fellas believe in and enjoy and for that I apologize. I will not be posting again until the Lions tour is done and dusted, enjoy the tests, here's hoping there are no more injuries to anyone.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Went on gwlad and it seems to mirror thoughts here, cept for osprey fans who claim to be taking a day off to go on a bender to celebrate!

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The answer to Williams' selection may be as simple as his travel arrangements were made and it would've been too difficult to organise someone else at short notice.

To our (and my) Celtic cousins: you're very welcome here but bringing up ancient gripes not connected with GREEN and GOLD RUGBY isn't on. And no, we won't be condoning an Orangemen's march any time soon. Please enjoy the rugby, I am. See you all in Canberra tomorrow for a beer.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
AT the rate of injuries that are happening in the Lions camp is there a possibility that we will see one Gareth Delve pul on a red shirt before the tour is out? ;)

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Will be interesting to see how this works defensively. Both QLD and NSW showed that there is space to be gained by throwing the ball out wide against the blitz defence. Think if i was the ACT coach id be picking the biggest islander wing available

I think Henry will do fine thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.