• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Fourie probably the biggest surprise there (at least to me) after that late debut this season. Hough the most interesting one not named. Ili not named also intriguing in a scary "lack of ambition" kind of way.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Fourie probably the biggest surprise there (at least to me) after that late debut this season. Hough the most interesting one not named. Ili not named also intriguing in a scary "lack of ambition" kind of way.
Ili is fine if he’s the depth option. But seriously need a starter in the centres to improve quality

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Big drop of players leaving:
Hodge, Hardwick, Philip, Hosea, Orr, Monty Ioane, Ray Nu’u, Theo Fourie, Illikena Vudogo, Moses Sorovi, Tim Cardall and Jaiden Christian.

Beyond the ones we already knew I’m not too upset about the others. The implication is we’re keeping the rest who aren’t named?

Rugbyman2023

Peter Burge (5)
Hodge, Hardwick, Philip, Hosea, Orr, Monty Ioane, Ray Nu’u, Theo Fourie, Illikena Vudogo, Moses Sorovi, Tim Cardall and Jaiden Christian.

Beyond the ones we already knew I’m not too upset about the others. The implication is we’re keeping the rest who aren’t named?
Where is Hardwick and Orr going to?
the force needs props and could see talakai going there or reds to spread talent
Would like to see sororvi and vudogo sign with drua
Also tamati ioane any word on him? Would look good in Moana colours

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

You would think if not named as leaving they are staying, pending successful contract negotiations, of course.

They say announcements about re and new signings coming in the coming weeks. Hoping for some good news on locks and centres.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
The article is definitely not laid out in an understandable way in terms of "who's doing what".

Reading between the lines, Dickie likely has something lined up like Hosea and Phillip, Orr has something lined up domestically and T Ioane is going overseas, just like M Ioane & Nu'u, while the rest have just not had their contracts renewed. But Cardall (who signed for the Falcons for 23-24 within about a month of signing with us) is also listed in that last group so who knows.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
The article is definitely not laid out in an understandable way in terms of "who's doing what".

Reading between the lines, Dickie likely has something lined up like Hosea and Phillip, Orr has something lined up domestically and T Ioane is going overseas, just like M Ioane & Nu'u, while the rest have just not had their contracts renewed. But Cardall (who signed for the Falcons for 23-24 within about a month of signing with us) is also listed in that last group so who knows.

total speculation but dickie's better half play as well? could they be going to eng/france as a package deal?

Hope Cam Orr gets a crack somewhere, how ever I reckon he would be very very good in the media

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Think we will see Dickie in Japan. He’s a bit of a low key homebody, hence he’s stayed in Aus longer than others might of. Japan might suit lifestyle needs and spend considerable amounts of time back in Aus.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

You kidding aren't you?? Rebels aren't really losing that many?