• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Rugby (and the Rebels) is one of the things I escape to to forget my worries. I don’t want it becoming one of my worries. I went through that in 2017.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Rugby (and the Rebels) is one of the things I escape to to forget my worries. I don’t want it becoming one of my worries. I went through that in 2017.

Don’t worry John ppl trying to bring the rebels down doesnt raise their organisation any higher. If there is actually anyone on here that would actually have the inside scoop it would be you.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Don’t worry John ppl trying to bring the rebels down doesnt raise their organisation any higher. If there is actually anyone on here that would actually have the inside scoop it would be you.

I’d say only people who have done the rebels a disservice are those who haven’t paid the bills, not those asking why they haven’t…but I guess ignorance is bliss for some

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

BRC Capital faces crunch as investments including Hiro Brands fail​

BRC Capital, a major investor in technology companies and real estate, is facing questions about its solvency after four subsidiaries were wound up in the last month, adding to financial pressure dogging the Melbourne Rebels.

The investment company is a key sponsor of the Super Rugby club, one of five in the league, and its chairman, Paul Docherty, also chairs the Rebels.

Four of BRC Capital’s investments – 3DMediTech, Hiro Brands, Aware Environmental, and HoodAI – have been placed into administration or issued with wind-up orders over the last four weeks.

Directors of some BRC Capital investments have received penalty notices from the Australian Taxation Office, alerting them to the non-payment of tax over a period of several years.

Rebels insiders are questioning the solvency of the football club, which The Australian Financial Reviewrevealed last week was struggling to pay its tax bills and was behind on stadium fees. Sources said the ATO had also issued penalty notices to the club’s directors over failures to make payments – a move that could later lead to administration.

https://www.afr.com/technology/melb...ital-faces-cascading-failures-20231213-p5er56

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)

BRC Capital, a major investor in technology companies and real estate, is facing questions about its solvency after four subsidiaries were wound up in the last month, adding to financial pressure dogging the Melbourne Rebels.

The investment company is a key sponsor of the Super Rugby club, one of five in the league, and its chairman, Paul Docherty, also chairs the Rebels.

Four of BRC Capital’s investments – 3DMediTech, Hiro Brands, Aware Environmental, and HoodAI – have been placed into administration or issued with wind-up orders over the last four weeks.

Directors of some BRC Capital investments have received penalty notices from the Australian Taxation Office, alerting them to the non-payment of tax over a period of several years.

Rebels insiders are questioning the solvency of the football club, which The Australian Financial Reviewrevealed last week was struggling to pay its tax bills and was behind on stadium fees. Sources said the ATO had also issued penalty notices to the club’s directors over failures to make payments – a move that could later lead to administration.

https://www.afr.com/technology/melb...ital-faces-cascading-failures-20231213-p5er56
:mad:

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)

Adam the emoji was about the report not the post

Pone's Mullet

Ron Walden (29)
All the regions will be hugely in debt; seem like these leaks are targeted to get the board out and RA in.

let’s not forget RA sanctioned the Tupou move

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Apparently Rebels are $9 million in debt, we may be gone fellas.
Sheesh worse than imagined.… I’m guessing this is somehow linked to BRC and that capital squeeze they’re facing, loans secured from BRC maybe.

Director and rebels governance has some answering to do for this disaster. Fans and players are the ones who will pay the price though.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Apparently Rebels are $9 million in debt, we may be gone fellas.

Its kind of where the salary cap is there to help the clubs. THe Rebels seem to constantly have the biggest playing squad including a bunch they must be paying accomodation for. It's like the ARC days when the Rebels sent that comp broke too/