• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Thought he was a standout for the Junior Wallabies when he was there.

He’s a complete footballer like you say. Be nice to see him get a good run and build with Gordon, Kellaway and co

He’ll offer more than Monty

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
C Gordon, Anderson, Kellaway, Proctor and Daugunu are my nailed ons in the backline. Leaves three spots, one starter.

I think that will be Strachan (as Gordon's backup) a center, and a winger.

Hence Glenny V is probably competing with Lancaster and Pincus for that last spot.

Keen for both him and his bro to get a solid run at it. I'd be inclined to run both in the 22 & 23 jerseys and start Strachan at Full Back but I'm not convinced Mr Foote won't stick to the older faces if fit.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Darby should be given time to settle in.

Didn't Pincus get a pretty bad injury for Eastwood or am I thinking of someone else? Was a while ago now so could be fine by the start of the season.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Darby should be given time to settle in.

Didn't Pincus get a pretty bad injury for Eastwood or am I thinking of someone else? Was a while ago now so could be fine by the start of the season.

Yep: Fractured and Dislocated ankle: no idea when he'll be back, but for whatever reason he was consistently preferred in '23 over Vaihu despite Glen playing the vast majority of 2022 (13 starts).

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
C Gordon, Anderson, Kellaway, Proctor and Daugunu are my nailed ons in the backline. Leaves three spots, one starter.

I think that will be Strachan (as Gordon's backup) a center, and a winger.

Hence Glenny V is probably competing with Lancaster and Pincus for that last spot.

Keen for both him and his bro to get a solid run at it. I'd be inclined to run both in the 22 & 23 jerseys and start Strachan at Full Back but I'm not convinced Mr Foote won't stick to the older faces if fit.

Did you guys watch much of him play? Hes Nick Jooste II

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah we get stuck with these blokes that make us feel comfortable. His worst might be a 4/10 but his best only a 6/10. I saw let Vaihu, Lancaster who are still young so might have a 2/10 moment but also give you the chance for a 9/10

Rebels have the ability to start games with a current Wallaby 10 & 15 in the backline. Get some X factor around them.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Yeah we get stuck with these blokes that make us feel comfortable. His worst might be a 4/10 but his best only a 6/10. I saw let Vaihu, Lancaster who are still young so might have a 2/10 moment but also give you the chance for a 9/10

Rebels have the ability to start games with a current Wallaby 10 & 15 in the backline. Get some X factor around them.

Viahu will prob get the start on the wing I would think

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
I also quite like what I've seen from Jooste. Very serviceable squad member.
This is where the lack of depth is highlighted. The Force and Rebels end up with a lot of these "journeymen" type players. They are serviceable but are never going to help get you to a team pushing for a title. Good to have them in the squad but hopefully better players to keep them out of the 23

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
This is where the lack of depth is highlighted. The Force and Rebels end up with a lot of these "journeymen" type players. They are serviceable but are never going to help get you to a team pushing for a title. Good to have them in the squad but hopefully better players to keep them out of the 23

true but the brums make them look like world beaters look at Debreczeni lol