• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels vs Auckland Blues, May 15, 2021

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Happy with this team actually.

The Blues team is:

15 Zarn Sullivan, 14 Bryce Heem, 13 Rieko Ioane, 12 TJ Faiane, 11 AJ Lam, 10 Otere Black, 9 Finlay Christie; 8 Hoskins Sotutu, 7 Adrian Choat, 6 Tom Robinson ©, 5 Josh Goodhue, 4 Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, 3 Marcel Renata, 2 Kurt Eklund, 1 Karl Tu’inukuafe.

Reserves: 16 Soane Vikena, 17 Ofa Tuungafasi, 18 Nepo Laulala, 19 Jacob Pierce, 20 Akira Ioane, 21 Sam Nock, 22 Harry Plummer, 23 Mark Telea.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Surely up there with most underwhelming tight 5's in Auckland Blues history.

After his form in last years SRA, Telea should be feeling a bit sheepish getting dumped for Bryce Heem, a journeyman ring-in.

Still, at least they've decided if Perofuture is not going to offer any attacking option from the back they'll have a look at someone else who might.

Thank FUCK Ruru is nowhere to be sighted.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Pretty good Rebels team considering the suspensions/injuries. Front row hopefully might get some traction, especially with their front row bench. I really like the make up of 6. Kemney 7. Hardwick 8. Wells. Good balance there. Also happily surprised to see Anderson at 23, thought he was off for 7s.

Rebels backline won’t fire any shots and the Blues big boys will be too much, but keen to get there.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Pretty good Rebels team considering the suspensions/injuries. Front row hopefully might get some traction, especially with their front row bench. I really like the make up of 6. Kemney 7. Hardwick 8. Wells. Good balance there. Also happily surprised to see Anderson at 23, thought he was off for 7s.

Rebels backline won’t fire any shots and the Blues big boys will be too much, but keen to get there.
FA4B4267-4FC4-423F-B950-C4F6358D3866.png

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Struth, I thought the rebel army played down its own team but you blues take it to an art form.

Without Isi, Pone and Hosea, the only "forward" we have left that really bends the line is Marika!

(Ok, maybe I'm being a little harsh to some in our front row, but it's all in fun......sort of)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Struth, I thought the rebel army played down its own team but you blues take it to an art form.

Without Isi, Pone and Hosea, the only "forward" we have left that really bends the line is Marika!

(Ok, maybe I'm being a little harsh to some in our front row, but it's all in fun..sort of)

:D Yep AFL, you wonder sometimes whether they just trying to appease the mocker gods. Blues got a decent amount of forward firepower on bench I think. The most ineterest in backline is whether they give Sullivan the license to play 2nd playmaker, as Otere struggles trying run game by himself.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
I just realised this week that Zarn Sullivan was a Hawkes Bay boy, another young un the Canes let slip through fingers?

Yeah he left Napier Boys and went to Kings in Auckland for his last few years of school and has stayed in the Auckland/Blues system ever since. His brother is on the bench for the Chiefs vs the Force.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yeah he left Napier Boys and went to Kings in Auckland for his last few years of school and has stayed in the Auckland/Blues system ever since. His brother is on the bench for the Chiefs vs the Force.

Yep knew his bro was at Chiefs, and maybe a little bit less piissed if he went to Kings, would of been tpp young to chase before that under NZR protocols.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
normally Blues games are our biggest crowds, top of 12 degrees & rain might change a few minds.

No trains due to works on my line & I don't fancy driving 2 hours home cold & wet means a few glasses of red in front of the fire place for this little duck tomorrow

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
T-minus 12 hours for ignition sequence start on Mission Apollo Blues Trans-Tasman Jailbreak Mania.

Boosters, stable.

Valves, stable.

Weather's looking real nice up here Houston, all systems are a go.

675318041nasa-shuttle-taking-off-gif.gif

Houston: "Checking command modules".
Z.Ero: "Go".
Dismal: "Guidance is internal".
Oztimmay: "Can I please get 1 short black latte to g
KiwiMurph: "Go".
Oztimmay: ".....and make sure you put the lid on firmly, I don't want piping-hot avocado frappacino all over my go
W.Oldboy: "Go"
Dan54: "Gonads".
Akira: "Go".
Houston: "Excuse me but would Mr Akira Ioane please make his way to the nearest pod exit, he is too fat to go to space".
Akira: ***** *** ************** ********** *** ***".
Houston: "Mr Ioane is now Mission Commander".
Zero: "Blessed be The Jailbreak, Commander".
Dismal: "Godspeed the One-Eyed Vortex".

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Whilst cold it doesn't look like rain will be an issue.

It was hailing this morning and the sky has opened up every other hour for 3 minutes of intense rain then promptly followed by a glorious sunny blue sky. So, ya know, predictions are tough. But it'll be balls cold for sure.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Right dickheads. The welterweight curtain raisers are over. Onto the main event. Time to show the rest of these pretenders what the 2021 Trans Tasman champions elect are all about with an 80 minute masterclass of peerless mercurial jailbreak footy.

I guess the Blues might show a little something tonight too.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Right dickheads. The welterweight curtain raisers are over. Onto the main event. Time to show the rest of these pretenders what the 2021 Trans Tasman champions elect are all about with an 80 minute masterclass of peerless mercurial jailbreak footy.

giphy.gif