• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels vs Auckland Blues, May 15, 2021

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Big Karl has really gone backwards at a rate of knots.

Gone so far backwards at such a high speed that he's torn a hole in spacetime, entered a parallel dimension, and now is moving forward faster than light.

Thanks to this shitpost the Blues will now lose their next scrum.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Gone so far backwards at such a high speed that he's torn a hole in spacetime, entered a parallel dimension, and now is moving forward faster than light.

Thanks to this shitpost the Blues will now lose their next scrum.
It was true at the time.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Agree with the card, but man. Rebels gave what 7 penalties at the line? Here it is three?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
MT having a shocker with his poorly executed kicking game and woeful passing. Can't be anywhere near the Wallabies this year. Ditto with bells on for Koroibete.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Jeez. Jumping at a defensive lineout, five metres from your own line, while a man down, is a pure Sam Whitelock Crusaders big dick gigachad play. Though also pretty sensible choice when the alternative is a Rebel's maul and a 99% likelihood of a try.

Lucky Choat's yellow card somehow wasn't a penalty try though.

EDIT: I did genuinely appreciate To'omua's cheeky gamesmanship of trying to get one of his own players penalised to prevent a try though.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Rebels looked semi decent in attack, shame we only did it twice. Felt like that game was 95% in our half.

Reactions: dru

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I'd love the ref to explain these scrum decisions.

Hell I think they been clear, the Rebels TH is just folding almost every scrum. I haven't noticed him being this bad befre, but I would be replacing him.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Rebels looked semi decent in attack, shame we only did it twice. Felt like that game was 95% in our half.

Rugby stat guru has the possession strangely equal Rebels 48% Blues 52%
Territory is the kicker Rebels 39% Blues 61%

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Hell I think they been clear, the Rebels TH is just folding almost every scrum. I haven't noticed him being this bad befre, but I would be replacing him.
There was plenty of ambiguity at the time. Since that comment Karl has been on top.

Reactions: dru