• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rising 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Watched it live via foxsports.com.au - good match, lead changed several times. Rising scrum struggled, but back row was strong and was killing it around the park.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Not bad for game one - Fereti Sa'aga, Murray Douglas, Pom Simona and Leo Taliu had good games. Oh and big Lloyd Johansson was like a battering ram!

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
We'll be missing Jones, Shipperley and English this week, who've all been selected for the Barbarians squad to play Samoa, alongside Mikey Harris and Luke Burgess.

From last weeks side, City are also losing Gill to the Barbarians, plus Higgers and Kerevi are travelling to the USA alongside McMahon.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I don't think we'll lose a huge amount without English to be honest. Probably a good call not to start Jones last week knowing this sort of thing was coming. Very different approach to last year. Anyone know what Timani's status is?

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
If we can get LT in as well as Sam, that will help. I've forgotten, do we have Cruze?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axemen

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not bad for game one - Fereti Sa'aga, Murray Douglas, Pom Simona and Leo Taliu had good games. Oh and big Lloyd Johansson was like a battering ram!

What game were you watching? Fereti got dragged at halftime because our scrum was terrible. The Powerhouse prop Tyler stiffened up the scrum a little better in the second half but by that time the ref had made up his mind on us and we had a number of scrum penalties against us. Hopefully Cruz will be back soon now that we have lost Toby Smith for the season or we are in major trouble at scrum time. Lloyd carried well and I thought the lock Douglas was good for the half he was on. Simona was only on for the last 5mins and had minimal involvement. Sione was impressive for the short cameo at the end.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
What game were you watching? Fereti got dragged at halftime because our scrum was terrible. The Powerhouse prop Tyler stiffened up the scrum a little better in the second half but by that time the ref had made up his mind on us and we had a number of scrum penalties against us. Hopefully Cruz will be back soon now that we have lost Toby Smith for the season or we are in major trouble at scrum time. Lloyd carried well and I thought the lock Douglas was good for the half he was on. Simona was only on for the last 5mins and had minimal involvement. Sione was impressive for the short cameo at the end.
In Fereti's defense, he came on at tight head when he normally plays loose head. I don't think the scrums were remotely different in the second half without his involvement. Fereti was also pretty industrious around the park in broken play. Making solid hits and rucking well.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
No, I agree our scrum was suffering, we certainly miss PAE and Toby! I hope this gives Fereti etc a chance to step up. It will not be as easy as last year.

D

daz

Ok lads, who is going to the game at Harlequins this week?

I have the honour of presenting the Horan-Little Shield to the winning captain, so having a strong GAGR presence alongside me to emphasise to the team's how important this is to us would be great.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Ok lads, who is going to the game at Harlequins this week?

I have the honour of presenting the Horan-Little Shield to the winning captain, so having a strong GAGR presence alongside me to emphasise to the team's how important this is to us would be great.

I'm there Daz.

D

daz

I'm there Daz - it's my local!

Good man! Sounds like we should be able to hold a decent GAGR (Melbourne Chapter) Editorial Meeting, i.e. Drink beer and watch rugby.

Keep your receipts; I'll send them to the GAGR Accountant for @Gagger to sign-off on. It is a work function, after all!

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.