• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Moana v Rebels - Sat 29th

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Perhaps there were two incidents. But the incident the other guys are talking about is when Gordon got smashed after passing the ball.
possibly, the one I referred was the passage of play leading up to him been removed from the field for HIA.

Anyway the that the TMO doesn’t need to review collisions for a player to come off for HIA, or that every time a player comes off for HIA there was some form of foul play.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
It’s one thing to be “fearless” but you have to balance that with some smarts. That is the missing piece at the moment. Should have taken a shot for three near the end and Eloff should have run / kicked for touch instead of going for the try line (a penalty was not far off). They cut to Foote in the coaches box after Monty’s try and I don’t think he was too happy but with fearless comes risks. Hopefully in time they will learn when to take risks and when to play safe.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
How good is Ekuasi, what a find. His acceleration from starting is insane. Makes metres every time.

Parling deserves his re-signing, the set piece was incredible. How many line outs did we steal, 5? Good work Hosea & Smith.

I don’t wanna talk about the capitulation. So stupid, bonus points are so important for us and we fucked it.

what happened to Gordon? He’s a tough nut and he looked in trouble. Moana had some dirty moments.
It was a dog shot, contact was well late, shoulder directly to head. The fact he had to go off shows there was a high level of force. There was no mitigation. It should have been a red card. It was 17 Ezekiel Lindenmuth

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
That was insanely stupid we were down to 14 with 4 min to go up by 12 & instead of going up by 15 & taking 90 seconds off the clock we choose the scrum??????? not only did we nearly loose the the bonus point we nearly lost the game!!!!!!!!
The scrum meant they could get a hooker on the field, was a tactic so they could still lineout if they won another penalty. It was a smart play

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
The scrum meant they could get a hooker on the field, was a tactic so they could still lineout if they won another penalty. It was a smart play

I get what your saying but there was 4 min left they could have taken 90 seconds off the clock & even if Hodge missed it they would have had to have a kick off from the 22