• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

National Rugby Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battalion

Allen Oxlade (6)
funny-dog-mistakes.jpg

2016 nrc start year is what your saying then right? 2015 world cup year. so earliest alternative is 2016.

problem with this logic, a minimalist skeleton 6-8 teams can get things started in 2014. consortiums then have time to get house in order for 2015 or 2016 taking comp to 8-10 teams. nrc would have existed for 2 years.

bite the bullet. nrc needs to happen in 2014. momentum is now.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
This is my take;
  • WA, VIC, ACT, 98% sorted
  • QLD with 2 teams 90% sorted.
  • NSW - being screwed by old school boy / club politics
  1. NSW - 3 or 5 teams - screwed as above.
  2. UNI - 98% sorted
  3. North Hbr - 98% sorted and well organised.
  4. Rams - 85% and semi well organised, but having issues because of;
  5. Sth of the Hbr - 99.9%being screwed by politics.
And because of the politics Sth of the harbor negotiations about structure are taking far longer than planned.

South Harbour Codebreaker:

P - R
O - A
L - N
I - D
T - W
I - I
C - C
S - K

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
But if you have your criteria clear and your process orderly, the Randwick problem doesn't exist. The bid that they are part of either complies or it doesn't. If it complies, it proceeds to the next stage and if it's one of the best 10 bids, it's successful. If it doesn't comply, you can do one of two things; either identify the issues of non-compliance and give them 7 days to address the issues and you reject the bid if it's not fixed or you just reject it as being non-compliant. Either way it shouldn't cause you to miss your deadline.

Process isn't sexy, but it's crucial if you want to achieve the right result.

Battalion

Allen Oxlade (6)
get what your saying. wouldn't loose too much sleep over other teams qh. call me selfish, north harbour's bid by all accounts looking solid.

under 3 hours to kickoff. waratahs undergoing final preps.
axetogrind.jpg

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
But if you have your criteria clear and your process orderly, the Randwick problem doesn't exist. The bid that they are part of either complies or it doesn't. If it complies, it proceeds to the next stage and if it's one of the best 10 bids, it's successful. If it doesn't comply, you can do one of two things; either identify the issues of non-compliance and give them 7 days to address the issues and you reject the bid if it's not fixed or you just reject it as being non-compliant. Either way it shouldn't cause you to miss your deadline.

Process isn't sexy, but it's crucial if you want to achieve the right result.

Don't disagree with QH however the process may deliver an unwanted result. I think the ARU are trying to get all SS teams into a consortia which is yet to happen. That is causing the delay.
I heard that Easts refused to contribute $$ to the Easts/Randwick bid yet wanted it to be a equal JV partner. I reckon the makeup of the consortiums is still being negotiated and I expect a change or two to those that have been mentioned previously. I bet that the East Sydney bid won't end up being called Randwick.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Don't disagree with QH however the process may deliver an unwanted result. I think the ARU are trying to get all SS teams into a consortia which is yet to happen. That is causing the delay.
I heard that Easts refused to contribute $$ to the Easts/Randwick bid yet wanted it to be a equal JV partner. I reckon the makeup of the consortiums is still being negotiated and I expect a change or two to those that have been mentioned previously. I bet that the East Sydney bid won't end up being called Randwick.
Only via here I heard it was not equal, but weighted very much the way of favouring Randwick.
MACCA any ideas as to what clubs are slowing down the process, and how / why

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
well that country bid supposedly bidding this week might be one...
Randwicks problems are everlasting too.

All the money randwick are offering for their bid is through sponsorship too, probably why easts have a problem with not being equal partners etc etc

in my opinion only

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I feel more sorry for anyone who's been working on the Clubs sides who are unpaid personally..

..they don't know if they have a job in the line up or not
Well that is the whole driver behind this whole comp isn't it?
To give some recently graduated Uni students a job.
By all means,let's make sure all the pigs are properly catered for at the trough,before we recruit any coaches or players.
I would have thought each franchise would need to survive on volunteers until revenues can support office staff.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
well that country bid supposedly bidding this week might be one.
Randwicks problems are everlasting too.

All the money randwick are offering for their bid is through sponsorship too, probably why easts have a problem with not being equal partners etc etc

in my opinion only
It ain't about Randwick, it is about a team in that geographical area.

What, this sponsor will only sponsor and bring money to Randwick.

I'm rather confident the financial position of each party of the North Harbour team isn't equal but the focus is on the North Harbour team.

The sponsor should be looking at sponsoring the new entity and not think they are sponsoring Randwick. It's like bloody school girls complaining about their hair.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Well that is the whole driver behind this whole comp isn't it?
To give some recently graduated Uni students a job.
By all means,let's make sure all the pigs are properly catered for at the trough,before we recruit any coaches or players.
I would have thought each franchise would need to survive on volunteers until revenues can support office staff.

well that whole joke was lost on you because you haven't been aware enough to pay attention.

In any case if you expect these supposedly professional clubs to survive without a small staff of dedicated people you'd be completely disillusion.

The point of the comp is to build depth in the player and coaching ranks sure, but its also there to build in the relatively conservative rugby ranks some bloody innovation. That also means generating people who can have a positive effect on the outlook of rugby by listening to the supporter base and trying to implement background programs that create what you want.

I wouldn't expect some of the people who have been consistently attacking the NRC here to understand, they're stance seems to be "its too hard so lets keep the status quo"

The next 4 months isn't viable without the last 4 months of free work done on these new entities.

Battalion

Allen Oxlade (6)
The point of the comp is to build depth in the player and coaching ranks sure, but its also there to build in the relatively conservative rugby ranks some bloody innovation. That also means generating people who can have a positive effect on the outlook of rugby by listening to the supporter base and trying to implement background programs that create what you want.

I wouldn't expect some of the people who have been consistently attacking the NRC here to understand, they're stance seems to be "its too hard so lets keep the status quo"

The next 4 months isn't viable without the last 4 months of free work done on these new entities.

agree.

huge tech jump from era of 1980's calculator watches.

big seller now is the smart watch.
iwatch.jpg

just pressing your button's i like to watch. ;)

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)

I'm rather confident the financial position of each party of the North Harbour team isn't equal but the focus is on the North Harbour team.

The sponsor should be looking at sponsoring the new entity and not think they are sponsoring Randwick. It's like bloody school girls complaining about their hair.

I
Only via here I heard it was not equal, but weighted very much the way of favouring Randwick.
MACCA any ideas as to what clubs are slowing down the process, and how / why

Don't know anything about sponsors etc.
Do hear that the South East Sydney bid which is lead by Randwick UNSW is struggling to get other teams on board. I think the ARU are looking at the Western Sydney group and trying to push other teams back together, ie with the South East Sydney Group. My guess is Souths Wicks & Easts need to be one group. Last I heard was that Easts had gone off with NSW Country.

Battalion

Allen Oxlade (6)
I

Do hear that the South East Sydney bid which is lead by Randwick UNSW is struggling to get other teams on board. I think the ARU are looking at the Western Sydney group and trying to push other teams back together, ie with the South East Sydney Group. My guess is Souths Wicks & Easts need to be one group. Last I heard was that Easts had gone off with NSW Country.

going to buy a newspaper and head to the dunny. sounds like this is going to take a while.

why easts looking at NSW country and not uni/balmain? closer geography.

you're right though macca. south wicks & easts makes the most sense

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

So true RF. The NRC needs to be a training ground for administrators and support staff as well.

The current administrative dominance by Sydney GPS old boys is not good for the game.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I

Well I do see that as a problem,
from the outside the North Harbour bid is being lead by North Harbour.
from the outside the Rams bid is being lead by the Rams.

Not in the east though - why is it from the outside it appears that other teams need to get on board with Randwick - that is simply f?ing wrong, and impacting a huge geographical area south of the harbour.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
why easts looking at NSW country and not uni/balmain? closer geography.

One suspects that the petty personal dislikes and jealousies between Randwick and Easts (or at least some of the administrators) are the problem. There may also be other issues to do with money as well.

If that is what is holding up the process, maybe they both need to be sent packing.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Don't disagree with QH however the process may deliver an unwanted result.

Unwanted by who?

Aren't they just going to pick the best 10?

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Well I do see that as a problem,
from the outside the North Harbour bid is being lead by North Harbour.
from the outside the Rams bid is being lead by the Rams.

Not in the east though - why is it from the outside it appears that other teams need to get on board with Randwick - that is simply f?ing wrong, and impacting a huge geographical area south of the harbour.

I heard that Randwick is doing all the work to get into the NRC. Easts are trying to rebuild financially and don't want to be distracted by the NRC. I don't see it as Randwick's fault that they are leading things here. All JVs whether sport or business end up getting the spoils allocated based on the contribution made by the individuals. I think Easts should be queried for not supporting the bid with more resources rather than Randwick being criticised for having a go and getting behind the NRC.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Does anyone get the feeling that "they" (whoever "they" are) want this to be more or less ARC mark 2. The Sydney Fleet will be 2 teams this time, but the rest are the same as last time.

Do they still have the ARC Jumpers lying around somewhere in the bunker in St Leonards? Could save a bob or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.