• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Year's Resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Scarfman said:
Have you considered beer?

The trick is to start with moderate amounts, but to build up the regularity. Start with adding Thursday night to Friday and Saturday, then after a while, add Wednesday, then Tuesday, and so on. Soon enough, you should be able to keep down a 6-pack a night.

But then, your body will have got used to this, so to get hammered on a Saturday, you'll need to sink 10 or 12. This will set you up nicely for spending the following morning immobile. Revive yourself with bacon and eggs.

If you find this routine difficult, make sure to get married and have kids. Should make the beer go down a bit easier.

I love it! The Scarfo Diet - I can see the book cover and the chat show appearances.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Scarfman said:
Have you considered beer?

The trick is to start with moderate amounts, but to build up the regularity. Start with adding Thursday night to Friday and Saturday, then after a while, add Wednesday, then Tuesday, and so on. Soon enough, you should be able to keep down a 6-pack a night.

But then, your body will have got used to this, so to get hammered on a Saturday, you'll need to sink 10 or 12. This will set you up nicely for spending the following morning immobile. Revive yourself with bacon and eggs.

If you find this routine difficult, make sure to get married and have kids. Should make the beer go down a bit easier.

This time, when I type "lol", i actually mean it. Lol! I'll give it a go ;)

Although, it hasn't really worked for Richard Kingi... :nta:

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
cyclopath said:
If it makes you feel better Scarfy, I am off the grog too.

THIS HAS TO STOP! :nta: :angryfire: :'(

I have mouths to feed, a mortgage to pay, wineries who depend on me to sell their wine and be paid. Scarfy and pedallist off the piss does NOT help me one iota. A day or two's abstinence, fine, but NO MORE. Did you blokes know I have to send the spare-rib out begging and the boy down the mines during dry July while I check into the Katoomba men's shelter. That's the effect of such thoughtless actions as those by Scarfy and pedallist.

Spare a thought for your humble poster and let's have no more of this treacherous temperance talk.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Smashed down to 88kg by the end of Jan, a modest 5kg in one month.. And have been celebrating ever since.

Not sure where I'm at, afraid to go near the scales but would guess I'm back at the 92ish mark.

Back on the health and exercise kick though. Here we go again.

Running Rugby

Sydney Middleton (9)
Finally under the 100kg mark after starting the year at a shocking 117kg. Still a way to go but can almost feel a playing comeback in the wind. Now if I could only do something about my age and those re-occurring injuries.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Despite not actually trying to lose weight, but just keep the fitness and strength increasing, down to 75-76kg. About the lightest I have been for 20 years.
My problems now?
1. Fat arse pants don't fit so well!!
2. If I keep losing weight I may have to exclude a tapeworm or some unpleasant disease.
3. Being also cue-ball bald (ask Lindo) I feel the cold more. Have to expand the beanie range - is G&GR gonna do a beanie???

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah, I was 124 at start of 2009. Finished at 111kg.

Want to finish the year below 100 and live there.

Requires running. Plan to do the Bridge to BRisbane this year as well.

shees, just re-reading this. I was up to 119! 5 weeks ago I kicked things off in earnest. I am down to 112 now, with daily walks and just being very disciplined in what I eat.

Was given a personal training voucher for a couple of weeks, which I may extend. Plan to be down below 100 by my 10 year anniversary in October.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Had a general health check. Came back 100% cool ... except cholesterol. I reckon I'll eat my normal diet, just less of it, until I lose some weight. If the cholesterol is still too high I'll have to go on a low-animal-fat diet.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
shees, just re-reading this. I was up to 119! 5 weeks ago I kicked things off in earnest. I am down to 112 now, with daily walks and just being very disciplined in what I eat.

Was given a personal training voucher for a couple of weeks, which I may extend. Plan to be down below 100 by my 10 year anniversary in October.

Keep at it mate. Run, jog, walk, clean the house, do some gardening whatever, just be active. Food is the killer and but just think fresh.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Was once 115kg in my 'happily' married days, now I am around 95kg living very happily 'in sin'...the six years of full-on paddling in outriggers helped a lot, but it comes down to portion control (i.e. cut out second helpings) and how you time eating certain foods...i.e. don't mix starch with protein, eat starch some time later afterwards if still feeling empty...and drink beer on its own!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

ok down to 108.5kg. Have decided to do the 5km at the Bridge to Brisbane as well.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Had a general health check. Came back 100% cool ... except cholesterol. I reckon I'll eat my normal diet, just less of it, until I lose some weight. If the cholesterol is still too high I'll have to go on a low-animal-fat diet.

Logicol margarine worked for me. You need a tablespoon a day for it to work.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
How is everyone doing with their New Year resolutions?

I have hit a bit of a wall. I am doing my best to bust through it. I am still exercising and watching what I eat, but the weight is coming off in Milligrams not Killograms!

112 Kgs this morning. I was 130 Kgs on New Years day 2009. I am still Running, Riding and Swimming (After a winter break). I am all together a much healthier person. I am running the Bridge to Brisbane in 10 days time :thumb

I would love to hear our the other New Year resolutioners are going.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
are you doing the full run Sully? I am doing the 5km. Did a timed run this morning for it. About 33 mins. I'd like to get under 30 for the race, which I think I can as running with a crowd helps and you also have the pace runners.

So my last official weigh in was 106.8kg. Am using the scales at the gym now as my home scales vary so much.

Had a blow out over the last 2 days (big night on Saturday night followed by three lazy days), and even had some maccas for the first time yesterday for about 6 months or so. Back on target now though. Determined to get under 100 in a couple of months. Say mid-october.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I am doing the 10 K Noddy. My goal is an hour. Same as last year. And next year because if I don't get there I'm doing it until I do. Thought I would try the P90X thing next. I've been looking at the videos and they look a bit scary

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Old Thread I know. My weight is down to 108 Kgs But My knee is stuffed. No running at the moment. Might need to buy some lycra and a bike.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I'm still slowly dropping the weight. Down from 98 to 89 in 15 months. I still follow the golden rule of move slightly more, eat slightly less, and don't worry about anything else. Haven't had my cholesterol re-checked - waiting to get to 85.

Status
Not open for further replies.