• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Year's Resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Time to pull this old thread out I think. Everyone ready for their Resolutions?

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Smashed through all mine for 2011, so got high hopes for 2012.

Will be a new dad come end of Jan, so I guess getting jnr MR to kick & pass both ways by the end of the year should be the aim.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Funny to find this thread this morning - I was just contemplating this very thing.

In 2010 I went from 98kg to 90kg. In 2011 the idea was to take the last few kgs off and get to a good playing weight - say, 87kg. As it happens, I've dropped the ball and gone up to 93kg. So, getting down to 87kg is my one ambition. Unfortuately, that one ambition involves several resolutions involving food, alcohol, and exercise.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
My GF and I are limiting ourselves to just 10 occasions in the year in which we are allowed to drink... Rather that going the whole year grog free which can be annoying for birthdays, winning a grand final etc we've each got 10 drinks cards which get torn up upon usage. The deal is that you may drink until you sleep, any sleeping concludes the session and a new card must be used. Unfortunately this means I'll have 10 massive binge sessions but I figure that is less damaging than my current yearly intake of alcohol...

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
My GF and I are limiting ourselves to just 10 occasions in the year in which we are allowed to drink... Rather that going the whole year grog free which can be annoying for birthdays, winning a grand final etc we've each got 10 drinks cards which get torn up upon usage. The deal is that you may drink until you sleep, any sleeping concludes the session and a new card must be used. Unfortunately this means I'll have 10 massive binge sessions but I figure that is less damaging than my current yearly intake of alcohol...

Interesting idea...hmmmmm.

I'd like to get to 100kgs. I'm about 117kgs at the moment. Yeah that's right.....117 kgs and I play in the backrow and running back - so what?!?

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
Mine is get in training in time for return to Syd in second half 2012 then tryouts for the 2013 G&GR Tahs touch footy team. Oh yeah, and get fit for the footy as well as the beer.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
One of my new years resolutions is to get out more socially.

Possibly related to that one is my second resolution to watch fewer Kurt Russell movies

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
My resolution is pretty typical I guess with the whole lose weight and gain fitness. Something I have done so for the last 6 since I stopped playing Rugby but never really go back into. However, this year is different as I will be doing it with my brother who'll be joining me at Uni. This is a guy that for but only the fact my father wouldn't sign the release forms had been recruited through the Defence force (he was endeavouring to become a fighter pilot but they wouldn't allow him on his math level being 2 Unit instead of 3 regardless of the fact he scored 96% in the test) specifically for 1RAR and eventual SAS selection trials. Having recently learned he has a slightly fatty liver he's 'gung ho' on losing his excess weight and ensuring I come along for the ride. Should be fun. And yet, horrible at the same time. It's good though as were pretty close in age (often played in the same teams growing up) and personality wgich means it will be nice and competitive.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'm riding over mount Cootha with Austin.
I will improve my swimming.
I will run the bridge to Brisbane in under 1 hour. Best time is 63 minutes.
I will easily pass my surf club proficiency. Instead of struggling.
I might do a triathlon with Lance Free.

Sent using Tapatalk on a very old phone

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Get fit again and make the switch to openside flanker.
Meet a few G&GR members when is Brissie to watch the Reds.
Finish building my house (only been at it for 4 years)
Add some modifications to my boat.
More fishing (2011 was dismal on this front)
Take on a greater study load and go internal.

Generally throw all my efforts at what I take on. No half arse stuff in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.