• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This time yesterday I was of the view that if Fainga'anuku has in fact signed with Toulon that should be the end of him AB-wise. After the shift he's put in today for CruSadists v 'tahs I'm having second thoughts.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
This time yesterday I was of the view that if Fainga'anuku has in fact signed with Toulon that should be the end of him AB-wise. After the shift he's put in today for CruSadists v 'tahs I'm having second thoughts.
Think I read somewhere he kind of failed the No Dickheads test with his teammates and/or coaches on the AB EOYT last year?

Wouldnt surprise, the grinning/gloating thing, seems like that sort of guy.....

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ hadn't heard that but if true then, OK, as you were outside back-wise:

Clarke
Jordan
Stevenson
Talea
Narawa (close call but he's more Reece-like than Rayasi)

Would be nice if one of them could also play midfield but with Rieko locked in at 13 & JBar 12 it probably doesn't matter all that much.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Meant also add I know everyone was waiting to hear with baited breath! But yes Kaponga did prevail in the Crowley cup match against Okiawa on Saturday ;) . And was just a good reminder of my form of heaven was to beat game and especially after the hum of a lot of rugby people in the Oki clubrooms just discussing rugby and related things. As these teams are in Taranaki 2nd/3rd div comp are basically village teams and both been around for well over 100 years, it truly is a rugby man's heaven! Especially when good guys win!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
#6 would be Blackadder surely assuming he gets back in time fully fit?

NZ backrow is interesting, whilst plenty of good players don't think anyone is assured a position and combos could be interesting.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
In the Loss Bleus v Clan prematch I'm sure I heard Goldie refer to ScoBar as the "primary" AB 6 or at least "primarily" that. I thought that ship had long ago hit the proverbial & sunk with all hands lost?
Well I reckon Barrett will go bloody close, even at lock he plays like a 6.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ you'd have to ask Foster that but I suspect it has at least something to do with SF having pretty similar vital stats to Kaino, the last great AB 6. FWIW I'd have 6. Blackadder 7. Cane 8. Jacobsen 20. Ardie.

Well I reckon Barrett will go bloody close, even at lock he plays like a 6.

Bench lock in the big games and/or starter when Lurch needs resting this year, starter & (vc) in the big games once Lurch & SamW move on. In the future I think people will say he was unlucky to have his career coincide with those of the GOAT AB locking combination.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I would look at 6 Jacobson (love the idea of his rock shoulder there), 7 Cane and 8 Ardie and Ehtan at 20.
But would be very happy with Barrett at 8, especially against the big packs, and I bet we see it at least once in RC.

Last edited:

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
^ For the big matches Foster will pick:

6. Frizzell
7. & (c) Cane
8. Ardie

20. Papali'i

Come hell or high water, barring injury or suspension.

God help us.
Goddamnit you are right

Why not move Cane to 6? He seems like a 6. Definitely does the gruntwork of a 6.

6 Cane/Blackadder
7 Papalii
8 Ardie

Or would that combo roger up the lineout?

Jacobsen is going great guns but my image of him in black is seeming too lightweight and not making enough of a physical impact