• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Things are really looking up for you boys across the ditch!

1679371508751.png

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Well, I thought was cold when RA sacked Dave Rennie over a Zoom call, but we've clearly been outdone by NZR's treatment of Fozzie. From the Roar:

He will replace disgruntled Ian Foster after the World Cup. In an awkward moment that sums up the hash NZ have made of the situation, NZR CEO Mark Robinson couldn’t confirm if Foster was aware of the news.

“He’s in a different timezone at the moment,” Robinson dithered when pressed on Foster. “We’ve certainly been in contact recently … to reach out to have that chat if we can.”

Robinson was asked, ‘does he know?’ “I don’t know what time it is in Paris, but he’s been communicated with that there’s an announcement coming today.”

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well, I thought was cold when Rugby Australia sacked Dave Rennie over a Zoom call, but we've clearly been outdone by NZR's treatment of Fozzie. From the Roar:

He will replace disgruntled Ian Foster after the World Cup. In an awkward moment that sums up the hash NZ have made of the situation, NZR CEO Mark Robinson couldn’t confirm if Foster was aware of the news.

“He’s in a different timezone at the moment,” Robinson dithered when pressed on Foster. “We’ve certainly been in contact recently … to reach out to have that chat if we can.”

Robinson was asked, ‘does he know?’ “I don’t know what time it is in Paris, but he’s been communicated with that there’s an announcement coming today.”
Mate if you heard the interview Robinson actually said Fozzie was kept up to date with what was going on, though why he needed to know who was replacing him is not something I can grasp. I not even sure Foster would care would he? Not sure if you realised , but Fozzie wasn't standing for the job, the only one who should of been told was Joseph or whoever was up for job.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Apologies if this is naive of me, but why announce Razor’s appointment this early? Especially in a RWC year, does Fozzie get a nudge this June?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Apologies if this is naive of me, but why announce Razor’s appointment this early? Especially in a RWC year, does Fozzie get a nudge this June?
Na mate, think iy more about shutting up the talk, and more importantly make sure they get who they want. Without being stupid NZ tend to have coaches that are wanted for other jobs, so I think NZR felt they maybe lost a couple of candidates last time doing it so late. I see both points, it's good to keep things calm until after WC, but you don't want to lose your prferred choice either. Think the thing for Razor is now to go back finish with Crusdaers and not even talk to any AB players etc until after WC.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
This has been a change over the last few years. Coaches don't wait until the end of RWC as the market is flooded and countries losing your preferred coach is a problem.
Similar to Eddie.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Rangi doing his best to maintain the pretence that he's not locked in as Razor's AC yet:
Has to get a lot of credit for turning the perennial loser franchise around but ffs if he's going to keep picking BB at 10 even though EVERY fluffybunny UNDER THE SUN CAN SEE HE'S PLAYING LIKE UTTER DOGSHIT AND CANNOT BE FUCKED EVEN ATTEMPTING TO MAKE A LINEBREAK IN CASE HE DAMAGES A PINKY WHICH COULD IMPACT EARNINGS FOR HIS UPCOMING 12TH JAPAN SABBATICAL then he can jog the fuck on.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ethan deGroot has re-signed with NZR, Clan & Stags through tom2026. Interviewed on news tonight said his goals are to make RWC, win a Super Rugby title with Clan & take things year by year after 2026. Glad to see him stick with Stags instead of moving to a "Big 5" Union.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I was also pleased as a Canes man they have tied young Godfrey up for a few more years, seen him play live twice Levin preseason. and against Force on Sunday, and I said after Levin game I liked the look of the kid, he just reinforced that on Sunday. I was actually a little worried that Crusaders or Clan may of been eyeing him up too as he would potentially fill gaps in their squads for future. Now Canes need to tie up Roigard for a few years and I will be happy, backline containing young fellas Roigard, Morgan, Godfrey, Higgins, Proctor, Jordie Barrett, Reuben Love, Kini Naholo, Moorby does it for me, just need to pick up a couple of decent size locks in forward pack and I happy man (I don't want much, just everything ;) )

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Couple of outlets reporting that Razor's assistants will be Macdonald, Holland & Scott Hansen. Of the current setup only Jason Ryan would be retained putting Joe Schmidt, Scott McLeod & Greg Feek back on the coaching gig market.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Couple of outlets reporting that Razor's assistants will be Macdonald, Holland & Scott Hansen. Of the current setup only Jason Ryan would be retained putting Joe Schmidt, Scott McLeod & Greg Feek back on the coaching gig market.

Guess the Blues will just have to selflessly take one for the team, for needs must under issues of national concern.