• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand squad announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Gotta feel for Luatua, but since Kaino returned, Luatua's form has been all over the place, looking like a complete lack of confidence. No doubt he'll be first cab off the rank should any loosies get injured (please God leave Whitelock to do the washing up for his mum's sunday dinners, plenty of others with better form than him). Personally glad to see Vito get the call again, as he has been playing well of late.

All in all a good looking squad.

Hard to argue with any of that but thought his ability to cover lock & 6 from the bench might've saved him. Plus Vito's never really looked the part IMO although in saying that nor did Kaino pre-RWC.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Luatua's fitness was clearly an issue when the extended squad was assembled. The footage of him hunched over and Hansen in his ear was damning, then the comments that came out sealed his fate well before yesterday's final squad announcement.

He hasn't played well this season and given he was a rookie last year he doesn't get the graces that other established ABs get when it comes to form. He needed to step it up a gear.

I'm also pleased to see Vito back in the squad. I really liked what he's done since coming back from injury this year. Plays a really smart game from no8 now. Still aggressive as ever ball in hand and at the tackle, but he has much improved control at the base, and given he is probably the 2nd quickest loose forward in NZ (behind Ardie Savea), he offers something different to the other loosies in the squad.

Corey Jane is back in the ABs, well done that man. I can't however see him getting ahead of Savea or Ben Smith at this stage.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Three scrumhalves, three flyhalves, six loose forwards but only two hookers.

Interesting.........

Status
Not open for further replies.