• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand vs Australia - Bledisloe 2, 24th August 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
This thread has now completed the post-match cycle....

biggsy has once again blamed the loss on "To [sic] many Brumbies."

Otherwise "It's all the ref's fault"....

Shiggins has lost his shit.....

Enter new Kiwi troll.....

Shut it down.

Hold on tiger. We are missing somebody to say there weren't enough Reds. :)

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Bit of a no win situation here Shiggins. We jump about and laugh, and you'll brand us as cocky and arrogant. We quietly accept the trophy and you claim we take it for granted and don't really want it as much as the Wobbs. If there's one trophy that means as much to the ABs as the Webb Ellis, its the Bledisloe
I don't have that view at all mate. I would have never said they were cocky and arrogant. That's just me I suppose.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
not necessarily true as the scoreline would have been different so that may have affected where they kicked the ball to from the kick off..additionally, the ref would have gone upstairs before awarding the try so it would have been a minute or so later, the wind may have been different, the players would not have been standing in exactly the same spot for the kick off, etc, etc.

Ok - fair enough - but as close to the same as you'd ever get.
Ever seen "sliding Doors"?

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I think our bigger problem was discipline. Maybe we were just playing to the ref but it only worked for the all blacks? :)

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Got to watch the game and although the Wobs only have themselves to blame Peyper had a crap game.

The ABs should have been carded when they infringed deliberately for the fourth time when the Wobs were attacking in their 22. It seems to obviously premeditated. Once there is a breakdown in the 22 they do everything to stop the recycle. All teams do it to an extent but I have never see it done as blatantly as I did last night. They will keep doing it. Last season they took the space beyond the ruck until they started getting blown up. This year it seems to be the professional fouls in the 22. Fair play to them. They push the boundaries better than our teams do so we should just suck it up. All team try to push the boundaries. The ABs are just much better at it.

Oh and I really, really don't understand why Ben Alexander is still at 3. If Link needed confirmation after the Lions series that he indeed was not up to it, he now definitely has it.

Where has Genia's mojo gone? Seems to be the shadow of his former self. Very few attempted breaks and some really average decision making. Right now if I was a Wob fan that would be my number one worry.

You didn't know - he got married!!

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
It would seem to me, that the most important thing about this loss, is that Link can learn from the team's short comings.
After two games he will be able to determine who to keep in the 23, and who to relegate.
For the time being, he can put these losses to the AB behind him (new coach, new players, new strategies needing to mature).
To keep face, he will need to win against the Springboks in Brisbane, to at least move towards the No 2 spot in world rugby rankings.
There would be no panic, just some disappointment down at ARU headquarters.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
It would seem to me, that the most important thing about this loss, is that Link can learn from the team's short comings.
After two games he will be able to determine who to keep in the 23, and who to relegate.
For the time being, he can put these losses to the AB behind him (new coach, new players, new strategies needing to mature).
To keep face, he will need to win against the Springboks in Brisbane, to at least move towards the No 2 spot in world rugby rankings.
There would be no panic, just some disappointment down at ARU headquarters.

Ummm you have to get to #3 first.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Interesting for me cos I didn't get to watch the game until this afternoon - after I had read most of the comments on here.

Yep - a few bad calls (or non-calls) by the ref. Nothing either the ABs or the Wallabies can do about that. I don't see anything cynical about what the ABs do in their own 22 - the Wallabies do it as well which is why we still scored points in the 2nd half. That's just desperate defence IMO. Doesn't mean it doesn't deserve warnings or YC but I just don't see it as cynical.

I think most of the posters here have pretty much got it spot-on......it didn't lose the Wallabies the game but the reffing would probably have had me spending this Sunday looking at new TVs if I was a Wallaby fan.

Mogg - has GOT to go. Another game where Folau saw hardly any ball and Mogg was below average for a Test match. While we can criticise the ref for not calling what's happening in front of him, McKenzie needs to take a hard look at what's happening right in front of everyone in his back 3. Geez, I read a couple of posts about Folau possibly thinking about switching back to league....who could blame him if the last 2 games are anything to go by. He touched the ball maybe 4 times the whole game. And he just looks so dangerous when he gets it in time and space. If you guys wanna know what Kiwis don't want to see, it's you guys figuring out how to actually use Folau (and O'Conner probably) to maximum impact.

Genia. I'm just gonna say it - there is NO WAY he is the best 9 in the world. He never has been. He has shown potential and there have been matches where he has played well enough for that tag but he has never been anywhere near consistent enough on the Test stage to really be worthy of it. WIthin the first 4 mins of the game he was barking at his players and staring daggers at them. I hope a few of those guys are giving him a bit of his own medicine given some of his shit decisions and plays last night. I now read some people wondering if he needs QC (Quade Cooper) to play at his best. I'm sure it used to be the other way around - QC (Quade Cooper) needs Genia to play his best. Given how Genia has talked about QC (Quade Cooper) in the past, I wonder if these 2 guys can actually play with anyone else other than each other. I know some folks will say that he has it tough because the Wallaby forwards don't dominate but let's be honest - the Reds pack hardly is known as the dominant force in Super Rugby yet he plays great for them.

Nonu - would have to be one of the worst performances he's put in wearing the black jersey.

Aaron Smith - geez he looks good. I've always been a Weepu fan but I'm glad he's not there right now.

Ben Smith - is it just me or does his defence on the wing look a little suspect??

And I couldn't post without mentioning Steve Luatua. When I grow up, I want to be Steven Luatua. I like everything that this young man does on the rugby field. Such a huge motor, what looks like a great attitude and a little bit of x-factor. Kaino will be in a fight for the 6 jersey when he comes back to the Blues next year.

Nathan's

Frank Nicholson (4)
He was in 2010 and 2011 but hasn't been since. The problem is his form has been down for a couple of years now, but he's still played like 90% of every test, and they still continue to label him "best in the world". Give him a rest, White is certainly good enough.

P.S: I'm looking forward to "Dwyer's view". He was complaining about the ref last week, when the penalty count was something like 12-6 in favour of the Wallabies. What hell will he unleash on poor Peyper, now that the count is reversed?

Well who do you reckon the best number 9 in the world is?

A.Smith - Has gained around 18 caps, is good, but don't believe he is the best yet.
Hougaard- Not consistent
Phillips - The only player who was contesting Genia's status, had a great world cup, got destroyed on the Lions tour.
Murray - To early in his career to gain that status, played well against us on the Lions tour.
Youngs - Contender, can be inconsistent.

Those are the only 9's that truly matter, I still see Genia as the best 9 in the world. Since Saturday everyone has criticised him, didn't say White wasn't good enough, I really like White as you can see I support the Brumbies, excellent player. Explain how his form has been down in the last few years. Did you watch the World Cup or the Lions tour?

We have high expectations of Genia, but not only him, of our whole squad. We're in a rebuilding phase, anyone who fails to see that is blind. The All-Blacks have kept the same team for how long now? In a few years they'll be in the same position:

Hore 34
Crockett 30
Woodcock 32
McCaw 32
Carter 31
Nonu 31
C.Smith 31
Mealamu 34

We've been there done that. NZ will have to make some pretty key changes in the next few years and be forced to go through what Australia is now.

Nathan's

Frank Nicholson (4)
Interesting for me cos I didn't get to watch the game until this afternoon - after I had read most of the comments on here.

Yep - a few bad calls (or non-calls) by the ref. Nothing either the ABs or the Wallabies can do about that. I don't see anything cynical about what the ABs do in their own 22 - the Wallabies do it as well which is why we still scored points in the 2nd half. That's just desperate defence IMO. Doesn't mean it doesn't deserve warnings or YC but I just don't see it as cynical.

I think most of the posters here have pretty much got it spot-on..it didn't lose the Wallabies the game but the reffing would probably have had me spending this Sunday looking at new TVs if I was a Wallaby fan.

Mogg - has GOT to go. Another game where Folau saw hardly any ball and Mogg was below average for a Test match. While we can criticise the ref for not calling what's happening in front of him, McKenzie needs to take a hard look at what's happening right in front of everyone in his back 3. Geez, I read a couple of posts about Folau possibly thinking about switching back to league..who could blame him if the last 2 games are anything to go by. He touched the ball maybe 4 times the whole game. And he just looks so dangerous when he gets it in time and space. If you guys wanna know what Kiwis don't want to see, it's you guys figuring out how to actually use Folau (and O'Conner probably) to maximum impact.

Genia. I'm just gonna say it - there is NO WAY he is the best 9 in the world. He never has been. He has shown potential and there have been matches where he has played well enough for that tag but he has never been anywhere near consistent enough on the Test stage to really be worthy of it. WIthin the first 4 mins of the game he was barking at his players and staring daggers at them. I hope a few of those guys are giving him a bit of his own medicine given some of his shit decisions and plays last night. I now read some people wondering if he needs QC (Quade Cooper) to play at his best. I'm sure it used to other other way - QC (Quade Cooper) needs Genia to play his best. Given how Genia has talked about QC (Quade Cooper) in the past, I wonder if these 2 guys can actually play with anyone else other than each other. I know some folks will say that he has it tough because the Wallaby forwards don't dominate but let's be honest - the Reds pack hardly is known as the dominant force in Super Rugby yet he plays great for them.

Nonu - would have to be one of the worst performances he's put in wearing the black jersey.

Aaron Smith - geez he looks good. I've always been a Weepu fan but I'm glad he's not there right now.

Ben Smith - is it just me or does his defence on the wing look a little suspect??

And I couldn't post without mentioning Steve Luatua. When I grow up, I want to be Steven Luatua. I like everything that this young man does on the rugby field. Such a huge motor, what looks like a great attitude and a little bit of x-factor. Kaino will be in a fight for the 6 jersey when he comes back to the Blues next year.

You've got to be joking right?

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
You've got to be joking right?

Nope....I've always maintained that he's not the best.

His first Test season was good (2009?), he was average in 2010, was very average in the RWC and injured most of last year. His reputation is built on Super Rugby and the potential he's shown that he could be the best. But he's NEVER consistently performed at Test level and the last 2 games are further testament to that IMO.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
But if it's even that obvious to a bloke wearing your glasses, then what the fuck is wrong with refs? :)

I blame Horwill personally. He needs to get into the ref's eat in the right manner. Not carrying on about last week!

Blame away, but I think Horwill is on a higher level to you.

He was attempting to point out to Peyper that it was a tactic from the All Blacks to kill the ball in the 22, but Peyper was too thick to get it. It was meant to play on his mind the next time the wallabies were in the AB 22 - but Peyper bottled it.

Nathan's

Frank Nicholson (4)
Nope..I've always maintained that he's not the best.

His first Test season was good (2009?), he was average in 2010, was very average in the RWC and injured most of last year. His reputation is built on Super Rugby and the potential he's shown that he could be the best. But he's NEVER consistently performed at Test level and the last 2 games are further testament to that IMO.

Fair enough opinion. I feel he has been one of our best players for a while now, and to say he's never performed consistently i think is a bit much. Felt he played well in the first test, agree with a poor performance in the second test but everyone has an off game. Doesn't help when the team under performs. He had a stellar Lions tour. Who do you believe is the best number 9 in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.