• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Non-Wallaby November Internationals

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Saw the ABs will be getting a new jersey for the EOYT. Will they clash with the Scots during their game, and if so, will they be wearing a white or a grey away strip? Or do the Scots have to change jerseys?

Turns out there is a new AB jersey that may or may not have a black collar instead of a white one:

image.jpg

All to be revealed in London on 6/11.

www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/10677088/All-Blacks-jerseys-white-collar-crime

EDIT: I'm hoping the "black collar?" thing is a red herring & that the big reveal will be WWI Centenary-related (but in better taste than the ERU's (mis)appropriation of the VC for their latest shirt).

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZ Maori team v Japan named:

Maori All Blacks team:

Player
Iwi

Chris Eves
Tainui

Ash Dixon
Ngati Tahinga

Mike Kainga *
Ngati Kahungunu / Rongomaiwahine

Tom Franklin *
Ngati Maniapoto

Hayden Triggs
Ngati Kahungunu

Blade Thomson
Ngapuhi

Sean Polwart *
Ngati Pu / Ngati Maru

Elliot Dixon
Ngapuhi

Chris Smylie
Ngati Mutunga/Te Atiawa

Ihaia West
Ngati Kahungunu / Ngati Porou

James Lowe *
Ngapuhi / Ngai te Rangi

Charlie Ngatai [C]
Ngati Porou / Te Whanau-a-Apanui

Jason Emery *
Ngati Haua / Ngati Maniapoto

Matt Proctor
Ngai te Rangi / Ngapuhi

Robbie Robinson
Ngati Tuwharetoa/ Ngati Tahinga

Codie Taylor *
Ngati Raukawa / Muaupoko

Brendon Edmonds *
Ngati Kahungunu

Nick Barrett
Ngati Kahungunu

Nick Crosswell
Ngati Porou

Dan Pryor *
Ngati Awa / Ngati Pikiao

Jamison Gibson-Park
Ngati Porou / Ngai Tai

Marty McKenzie *
Ngati Tuwharetoa

Nehe Milner-Skudder *
Ngati Porou / Tapuika

@Dan54 looks like Codie Taylor (Raukawa/ Muaopoko) hails from our part of the world, any info on his whakapapa?

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Some only available for the All Blacks Test (Premiership players *cough* fluffybunnys *cough*) Some for all 4, Others only joining for the European leg. Big Greg Peterson has declared, great news for the Eagles world cup campaign.

I thought the IRB changed the rules once Argentina entered the Championship that clubs have to release all players for International windows when required.

What English Clubs got there way with the European cup so they believe they are bigger than the IRB now.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZ Maori 61-21 v Japan, check out @Dismal Pillock's as always offbeat view of things on the "NZ Match Reports" thread................

"Brotown massacre in front of a BIG crowd here in Japenn.

"Maori looking very organized on D too.

"25 pts after 25 mins and that's with Ihaia West kicking like my mum holding a spatula.

"35-7 at HT

"I remember Eddie Jones saying he "didnt want to go back to the days of Kirwan picking foreigners in half the spots" so what does he do.. half the forward pack are gaijin. All 3 loosies. Foreigners. Not Japanese. Wft.

"You blokes would've loved the maori haka too. It went for about 20 minutes. After every pause the crowd would break into applause.. then the boys would go into the next verse. Was there some Poi E in there i dunno
Dismal Pillock, Today at 5:01 PM"

..............or if you want just the facts, ma'am:

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_9543555,00.html

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Canada & Namibia team lists plus match officials have been named:

Canada: 15 DTH van der Merwe, 14 Jeff Hassler, 13 Conor Trainor, 12 Ciaran Hearn, 11 Sean Duke, 10 Connor Braid, 9 Gordon McRorie, 8 John Moonlight, 7 Nanyak Dala, 6 Kyle Gilmour, 5 Jebb Sinclair, 4 Tyler Hotson, 3 Jason Marshall, 2 Ray Barkwill, 1 Hubert Buydens (capt).
Replacements: 16 Doug Wooldridge, 17 Ryan Hamilton, 18 Jake Ilnicki, 19 Brett Buekeboom, 20 Aaron Carpenter, 21 Sean White, 22 Patrick Parfrey, 23 Jordan Wilson-Ross.

Namibia: 15 Chrysander Botha, 14 Danie Dames, 13 Darryl de la Harpe, 12 Johan Deysel, 11 David Philander, 10 Theuns Kotzé, 9 Eneill Buitendag, 8 PJ van Lill, 7 Jacques Burger, 6 Tinus du Plessis, 5 Tjiuee Uanive, 4 Morné Blom, 3 André Schlechter, 2 Torsten van Jaarsveld, 1 Johnnie Redelinghuys.
Replacements: 16 Rathony Becker, 17 Franklin Bertholini, 18 Casper Viviers, 19 Stefan Neustädt, 20 Rohan Kitshoff, 21 Ryan de la Harpe, 22 Shawn Kaizemi, 23 Johann Tromp.

Date: Friday, November 7
Venue: Eirias Park, Colwyn Bay
Kick-off: 19:00 local
Referee: Stuart Berry (South Africa)
Assistant Referees: Neil Paterson (Scotland), Martyn Lewis (Wales)

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,9817_9551250,00.html

Stuart Berry ref. FFS/WTF.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Odd positional choices. DTH is much more of a wing/13. And Braid is more of a Full Back/Wing.

Should be interesting to see how far ahead of Namibia the Canucks are.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
@Dan54 looks like Codie Taylor (Raukawa/ Muaopoko) hails from our part of the world, any info on his whakapapa?

His Dad is Mason, can't remember his Mum's Christian name, she was originally an Overall girl. They were one of the first Levin people I banged into here in Aus when I first came over, they lived in Logan for a few years, dad came over when Logan textiles first started. Codie played his first rugby for Logan Rugby club as a little tacker!! They went back to NZ a fair while ago. Codie was captain of NZ schoolboys that played Aus at Ballymore 5-6 years back, was at game and was amused to know the captains of both teams!! Will remember Codie's Koro soon, he well known Levin identity.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZ Maori team for 2nd Japan match:

Chris Eves, Codie Taylor, Mike Kainga, Tom Franklin, Blade Thomson, Dan Pryor, Sean Polwart, Elliot Dixon, Chris Smylie, Ihaia West, James Lowe, Charlie Ngatai, Matt Proctor, Kurt Baker, Nehe Milner-Skudder. Reserves: Joe Royal, Brendon Edmonds, Nick Barrett, Hayden Triggs, Mitch Crosswell, Jamison Gibson-Park, Marty McKenzie, Joe Webber.

www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/10712244/NZ-Maori-make-four-changes-for-second-match

His Dad is Mason, can't remember his Mum's Christian name, she was originally an Overall girl. They were one of the first Levin people I banged into here in Aus when I first came over, they lived in Logan for a few years, dad came over when Logan textiles first started. Codie played his first rugby for Logan Rugby club as a little tacker!! They went back to NZ a fair while ago. Codie was captain of NZ schoolboys that played Aus at Ballymore 5-6 years back, was at game and was amused to know the captains of both teams!! Will remember Codie's Koro soon, he well known Levin identity.

Let me know when your memory catches up, chances are I'll at least know of him. Went to Waiopehu with Jenny (?) Overall who I seem to recall was a middle distance runner of some note, got on TV for the Queen St Mile one year then must've got injured or something 'cos I don't recall hearing about her since.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Canada was quite sloppy in the first half. Better in the second and got ahead 17-3.
I really don't know why this game was in North Wales. Just send Namibia to Toronto to play. Ditto Samoa instead of a town outside Nantes. We have better facilities and it's just an extra 5 hour flight from London.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
See the tears from the Fijians during the anthem. They're wringing themselves of emotion too early.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Because of Exams (fuck exams BTW) I've had neither the time nor the energy to watch all the tests, with the exception of the Home Nations v Rugby Championship. AB v ENG and SA v Ireland Covered by their own match threads.

The SRUs Highlights are an excellent, albeit long summary of the match.

Doesn't cover the two yellow cards. Rob Harley's was unfortunate, given for an early drive from a lineout, made to look bad by both lifters dropping the Jumper. But that's the risk you take when you make a stupid decision. Jim Hamilton's was completely fair, and completely unnecessary, just inside the 22, defensive line was set, laid on the wrong side of the ruck when Ref had been very clear that in the lead up to the previous try, next one was off.

Thought it was an excellent game. The Organised Chaos gameplan of the first half was the best I've seen from us in ages, while the defensive structures looked fabulous for all but the last 15 or so minutes. Not too concerned about any of the tries conceded, but the scrum penalty, first and third were alignment issues, fourth was game management. Still no chance of beating the darkness next week, but if we perform similarly in both remaining fixtures, I'm looking forward to the 6 Nations and World Cup.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
IRB rankings after the weekend:

IRB World Rankings

1(1) New Zealand 93.70
2(2) South Africa 89.02
3(4) Australia 85.44
4(3) England 85.12
5(5) Ireland 84.84
6(7) France 80.25
7(6) Wales 79.78
8(8) Scotland 78.27