• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC onwards and upwards

T

TOCC

Samo played some great games during the QPR, his playing days aren't over yet

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It's another area the ARU needs to consolidate backroom functionality, get rid of each team website, run them under the ARU utilising the same licenses, server costs and IT staff the ARU do.

Rather then trying to run these dodgy sites on volunteer labour, just email through team lists, player profiles, photos etc to the ARU. Use the ARUs social media and marketing staff to publish it in a credible format.

It isn't hard, we use squarespace to run our website, every blog update is automatically is pushed out on twitter etc

One clown in a room continuously publishing content for all the clubs would do the majority of the work

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Guys needing a hand please - I get to watch SS on FTA, Soup and other comps around the world on fox. But I can't work out how to watch NRC on a television set, or free stream. We have platinum fox if that helps in guiding.

Would be great being able to watch games - links our guidance would be appreciated.

Skunk

Frank Row (1)
Also, bring back the tradition of existing provincial teams - like the heritage they maintain in the NPC/Currie Cup.
Screenshot 2017-09-03 at 7.33.03 PM.png
Screenshot 2017-09-03 at 7.32.31 PM.png
Screenshot 2017-09-03 at 7.31.23 PM.png
Screenshot 2017-09-03 at 7.31.36 PM.png
Screenshot 2017-09-03 at 7.31.58 PM.png
Screenshot 2017-09-03 at 7.32.54 PM.png
Screenshot 2017-09-03 at 7.32.21 PM.png
Screenshot 2017-09-03 at 7.32.10 PM.png
Screenshot 2017-09-03 at 7.31.47 PM.png
Screenshot 2017-09-03 at 7.32.31 PM.png

T

TOCC

Power Rankings after week 1 IMO:

Spirit
City
Rising
Vikings
QCountry
Drua
Rams
Eagles

Sorry to the NSW teams, but the shorter preparation they had seemed to show, it's hard not to see the Spirit go back to back in 2017 if they play their best lineup.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Together with the actual footy being played by the Drua, this is what makes Fiji's involvement in the NRC so special.

Really enjoyed the video and you can see the community is really getting behind the team!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Whilst it would be good to have up to date websites, I think Social Media as the main platform for providing information and engaging with fans reflects the reality of that being the place where far more of the engagement takes place, particularly for a competition of this size.

It is quicker, easier and cheaper for the NRC sides/Super Rugby/ARU to work with and I would assume gets far more hits than any of the websites ever would.

Depends on your demographic. Plenty of us have never been near facebook or twitter and have no intention of doing so.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Depends on your demographic. Plenty of us have never been near facebook or twitter and have no intention of doing so.
That's not really a dissimilar position to saying you won't go near TV because you've got a radio.

Things like Facebook and Twitter have in many ways become major ways to distribute content on the internet.

If your internet usage remains limited to websites only your ability to access content will only decrease in my opinion.

You could get value out of Facebook and the content available there without adding a single friend or ever making a post.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
That's not really a dissimilar position to saying you won't go near TV because you've got a radio.

Things like Facebook and Twitter have in many ways become major ways to distribute content on the internet.

If your internet usage remains limited to websites only your ability to access content will only decrease in my opinion.

You could get value out of Facebook and the content available there without adding a single friend or ever making a post.

I'm the customer. I'm the one who needs to be reached by the organisation.

The customer is always right.

Wilson

David Codey (61)

Spot on, it's ridiculous how they ignore customers ready and willing to pay.

Since I moved to London I haven't been able to see a single NRC game live, why the hell aren't they playing the Brisbane city home games out of Twickenham for me?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

They're using the methods that most people use to access content.

If they're going to focus on a particular area it makes sense to use the platforms that push content to users rather the a website which is entirely passive and only engages people who actively seek it out.