• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fatboysunited

Frank Row (1)
.damn where is that bet button. Come on boys, what are your predictions for this Sat?

Predictions for Sat are:

Shore vs Scots - Shore +3 - tight one though

Joeys vs View - Joeys 10+? can't see the blue boys getting up

Kings vs New - Kings +7 Kings should have size and skill, but Newington does have X factor in outside backs and grind style

All a matter of opinion, not here to ruffle any feathers

Fatboys out xo

Bumpa666

Frank Row (1)
Scots Will demolish shore by a considerable margin. The forwards will be the decider in this one and Shore can't match scot's size and skill.

I feel as if Iggies will get up at home, particularly after the tough performance against Waverly. Their physicality will give Joeys a hard time, particularly in the tight stuff. I'm tipping View, but by no more than a try.

Kings will win by two tries or more i think. Their backs are too slick for newington, however the forward battle will be one by the boys in black.

fatboysunited

Frank Row (1)
Scots Will demolish shore by a considerable margin. The forwards will be the decider in this one and Shore can't match scot's size and skill.

I feel as if Iggies will get up at home, particularly after the tough performance against Waverly. Their physicality will give Joeys a hard time, particularly in the tight stuff. I'm tipping View, but by no more than a try.

Kings will win by two tries or more i think. Their backs are too slick for newington, however the forward battle will be one by the boys in black.

Scots losing to Kings while being up a player for the majority of their time gives me reason to believe the game will be tight, other than that I think your spot on

Eddie Myers

Frank Row (1)
Does anyone know who the front runners of the 2nd 15 comp are? I know it is early days, but I have heard Joeys and Scots are looking strong.

HeresToRugby

Chris McKivat (8)
Does anyone know who the front runners of the 2nd 15 comp are? I know it is early days, but I have heard Joeys and Scots are looking strong.

Very early days but I suspect the front runners will be from Kings, Joeys & Scots. Joeys has 14 players in 1sts & 2nds that are year 10 & 11 boys and many of these go up and down depending on injuries (there are plenty at the moment).

Speaking of injuries, there does appear to be a lot right across the schools so the school with good depth and competition for positions will do best I would say. Whether this is Joeys, Kings,Scots View, Newington, Shore etc only time will tell.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
^^^^
I agree whole-heartedly, HTR

Injuries, especially those to key contributors, just must have a huge effect in such a truncated Championship. No time to 'recover', and potentially seriously upsetting to all the craftiness of the Coaches' various triallings of lads in different jersey no's, etc.

Depth in key positions will count 'double' this year!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
^^^^
I agree whole-heartedly, HTR

Injuries, especially those to key contributors, just must have a huge effect in such a truncated Championship. No time to 'recover', and potentially seriously upsetting to all the craftiness of the Coaches' various triallings of lads in different jersey no's, etc.

Depth in key positions will count 'double' this year!

Yes, it seems that after 6 weeks of trials that many teams will be down in strength before the competition even starts.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
HTR, CJ AND QH

Looks like you guys have just written the synopsis for the 2017 GPS Season Preview for me. Maybe not. We'll have to wait and see.

Speaking of which, we are still looking for people to write the SEASON PREVIEW for Kings and Shore. So giddy up Kings and Shore supporters.

We are also looking for people to write MATCH REVIEWS for Kings and Shore, as well as backup writers for New and View.

If anyone is keen to get involved, send a private convo to me or Lee Grant.

CHEERS

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Will be tough for all Kings opens teams considering the 11 injuries in their 1sts and 2nds.

Hey Mike. Do you reckon you could knock out 200 words on Kings for our season preview? I have sent you a private convo. To access it, login and go to your inbox.

Here is a link to the preview I whipped up last year, with help from others in the forum, so you and others get a sense of what we are looking for.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/2016-nsw-gps-season-preview/

Take the Points

Frank Nicholson (4)
HTR, CJ AND QH

Looks like you guys have just written the synopsis for the 2017 GPS Season Preview for me. Maybe not. We'll have to wait and see.

Speaking of which, we are still looking for people to write the SEASON PREVIEW for Kings and Shore. So giddy up Kings and Shore supporters.

We are also looking for people to write MATCH REVIEWS for Kings and Shore, as well as backup writers for New and View.

If anyone is keen to get involved, send a private convo to me or Lee Grant.

CHEERS

ShortBallSamuels could probably write the Shore preview Rich_E, maybe shoot him a message!

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Love it when the 'closet' would-be authors out there get "outed" by their fellow punters!

C'mon ShortBall; get amongst it, man!

Come on in; the blog writers' waters really are quite warm, and there're very few great whites lurking out there with their great big teeth. (Uncle Lee is the exception, but only if you go over the word limit!)

:)

Mike Wazowski

Frank Nicholson (4)
Status
Not open for further replies.