• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
BTW....sorry I was "off the air" I wanted to spend the day fully focused plus stand with my mates on the western side of the oval for a change. Bloody wind was freezing. Rally was great fun as well with all teams getting much deserved credit.

It was a pleasure to watch the game with three vintage Scots Old Boys as well who I count as great friends.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
67756135_2314710745232284_5973919339705794560_n.jpg

HeresToRugby

Chris McKivat (8)
Have to say that the score at Hunters Hill didn’t reflect the closeness of the game. Scots must have bombed nearly 5 tries despite desperate defence by Joeys. Must have been very frustrating for players and supporters. Any one of those could have changed the result.

A good day for us - win all 4 grades on Number 1 in our 125th year.

No overseas trips for these blokes - Dubbo does it for the second year in a row!!!! Keep it while it is working!

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)

Is anyone able to lay out the overall pathway in a clear way?

So why is this team picked? Is it part of the pathway towards the Aussie Schoolboys? Why is it called the u18's now?

I thought they had trials for NSW and Aussie Schools earlier in the year? Isn't there a small tournament with two teams from NSW and Qld, one from the ACT, WA, and Vic earlier in the year?

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Just like Joeys, the wallabies only won due to a red card in their favour. Still well done to the boys in pink. Sets up for another big 2020

It would be more accurate to say - like the AB’s, Scots were outplayed by a better team and cost themselves any chance through poor discipline.

I watched at least half a dozen games on Saturday. Scots had a discipline issue across all age groups in the various games I watched. Is it coaching or something else.

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
Is anyone able to lay out the overall pathway in a clear way?

So why is this team picked? Is it part of the pathway towards the Aussie Schoolboys? Why is it called the u18's now?

I thought they had trials for NSW and Aussie Schools earlier in the year? Isn't there a small tournament with two teams from NSW and Qld, one from the ACT, WA, and Vic earlier in the year?

Ahh, so am I right in thinking that the Aussie Schools team is no longer just schoolboys, but also includes u18 players who may have already left school?

So there was no Aussie Schools team picked earlier in the season because the u18s hadn't yet had the chance to try out for selection, and hence this u18s tournament yet to be played? Is that right?

And if this is right, what's the point of the tournament earlier in the year between the different states?

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Unacceptable.

Clean the joint out!

BUT not the opens! Strongest age group

Opens Rugby Results:

1st XV: SJC 25 v 5 TSC Undefeated GPS Champions
2nd XV: SJC 41 v 17 TSC Undefeated GPS Champions
3rd XV: SJC 24 v 5 TSC Undefeated GPS Champions
4th XV: SJC 43 v 12 TSC Undefeated
6th XV: SJC 68 v 0 TSC Undefeated (my boy scored in this!)
7th XV: SJC 68 v 0 TSC Undefeated
8th XV: SJC 73 v 5 TSC Undefeated
9th XV: SJC 19 v 7 TSC Undefeated
10th XV 46 v 0 Cranbrook 5th XV - Undefeated
12th XV 25 v 19 Knox - Undefeated

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Ok, I promise this is the last one.

This sublime hymn, often recited as a prayer, has been sung for centuries in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Joeys boys first learned the tune in the 1970's and have been singing it to celebrate sporting success ever since. It was discouraged for a while but 25 years ago it was revived when Joeys won the championship in the 100th year of Joeys rugby in 1994 by beating Scots (with the help of sprinklers). Now, Joeys have won it again on the 125th anniversary.

Fun fact...the coach on the far right....he played in that centenary of rugby game for Joeys!

Many thanks to Radzi for the video link

Hookerbytrade

Stan Wickham (3)
Wanted to make a point of the assistant referee in the first half of Joey's Scots on the eastern touchline. Ball was kicked out on the full near the 40 metre line by a joeys player. Scots supporters then made it apparent they were unhappy w the ref's call which stated the ball did not go out on the full... so after an earfull from Scots supporters and the on field referee's involvement the call was taken back to where it was kicked out initially. The assistant ref then proceeded to engage with Scots fans.

The way it all eventuated was very unprofessional for a referee of such a fantastic schoolboy comp like the GPS. I don't believe he made a 'mistake' per say because if he did he wouldn't of then engaged with Scots after his decision was overturned by the onfield ref ( who was a good 10 metres from the touchline).

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
Wanted to make a point of the assistant referee in the first half of Joey's Scots on the eastern touchline. Ball was kicked out on the full near the 40 metre line by a joeys player. Scots supporters then made it apparent they were unhappy w the ref's call which stated the ball did not go out on the full. so after an earfull from Scots supporters and the on field referee's involvement the call was taken back to where it was kicked out initially. The assistant ref then proceeded to engage with Scots fans.

The way it all eventuated was very unprofessional for a referee of such a fantastic schoolboy comp like the GPS. I don't believe he made a 'mistake' per say because if he did he wouldn't of then engaged with Scots after his decision was overturned by the onfield ref ( who was a good 10 metres from the touchline).
As I was standing right on the spot the issue was the touch judge said that on the line was in not out, which we all know is incorrect. Hence why he spoke with the ref who told him on the line is out. I was surprised that he was not certain of this rule but we are not perfect.

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
BUT not the opens! Strongest age group

Opens Rugby Results:

1st XV: SJC 25 v 5 TSC Undefeated GPS Champions
2nd XV: SJC 41 v 17 TSC Undefeated GPS Champions
3rd XV: SJC 24 v 5 TSC Undefeated GPS Champions
4th XV: SJC 43 v 12 TSC Undefeated
6th XV: SJC 68 v 0 TSC Undefeated (my boy scored in this!)
7th XV: SJC 68 v 0 TSC Undefeated
8th XV: SJC 73 v 5 TSC Undefeated
9th XV: SJC 19 v 7 TSC Undefeated
10th XV 46 v 0 Cranbrook 5th XV - Undefeated
12th XV 25 v 19 Knox - Undefeated
Joeys is now the dark force in rugby Joker! Ha ha you cannot argue with that now!

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Joeys is now the dark force in rugby Joker! Ha ha you cannot argue with that now!

Thanks Subbies. All is well in the Universe once more. The Dark Empire has finally fallen and the rise of the West has once more put all things to right. I shall for this day forth go easy on my eastern cousins and not dance upon the graves of their fallen. As stated before, I have many friends from Scots who all enjoyed the game and were all saying that Scots had enough ball in the second half to win two games. It was the frenetic and scrambling defense of the Joeys boys that held them out for 27 minutes.

The fall of Lord Lamberts castle.

U2x9Wi8.gif

I enjoyed the banter on the western touchline. There were a number of younger old boys both giving as good as their received on occasions. While the odd nasty comment was thrown in frustration it was most heartening to see those lads all sharing a beer at Jacks afterwards. They will soon see that in time the results, while important at the time, soon pale into insignificance as the bonds that bind us are stronger than the ones that divide us.

This season has seen the impossible happen. Rob, Wristy, Subbies and I getting along, agreeing on facts and both understanding that we have all been a part of this amazing system we were both very fortunate to have. Myself, a son of a western plains wheat farmer, I would never have gotten to know the city as well as I do now if it wasn't for Joeys. And I am sure these gents, wouldn't have ever taken the time to get to know us Catholics and found out, that even with the "bells and smells", we are just like them. Passionate, funny and proud of our Colleges. 2019 has been a great season for this reason alone. We all manged to get to this point with out killing one another. We leave that nonsense for the angry ants on other school threads.

Walk On my GPS brothers.

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
As I was standing right on the spot the issue was the touch judge said that on the line was in not out, which we all know is incorrect. Hence why he spoke with the ref who told him on the line is out. I was surprised that he was not certain of this rule but we are not perfect.
That’s is bizarre, he referreed the 2nd XV game..

Status
Not open for further replies.