• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Mmmm Joker.perhaps Joeys is - perhaps - a tad cautious about the Anglican challenge this Saturday? Are they beefing the lads up on Horse balls in anticipation? Cant predict what those dirty Anglos might get up to...

After last year, Joeys do not expect anything. They have though learned not to peak early in the season and then get run down late as Scots found out with two losses. Barker are a good benchmark, well coached by an excellent young bloke who is going places. Joeys probably do not fear an early loss. You learn more from these than you a do a 90+ romp. Joeys learned in 2018 that they had to use their speed and aggression to bring down the bigger fellows of TSC and others.

This coming week I am sure the kitchen will be fired up for their Term 2 menu. Horse balls were used as a punishment. In my days, the ref ladies would have a list of winners and losers next to the food being dispensed. They would ask you, "what team were in today?". If your team lost, then you would get the horse balls, If you won, a cold pie with stodgy mash potato and gravy. Oh the joy!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Never mind horse balls, the Scots boys are on medieval gruel (served from the Scottish boronial kitchen) if they lose.;):)

Rice_gruel.jpg

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Joeys will be eager to make amends for last years loss to Barker

And tip they will do so 40+

To be any chance to beat joeys in 2019

You will need to shut down Gibbs (10)

I actually think view might actually have a good chance, particularly care of Albert 9, and a good backrower

RogerScots82

Stan Wickham (3)
Dominant performance from scots yesterday in New Zealand With the 2nd xv winning 67-0 and firsts winning 35-19 both against rangiora high school

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Do/Did Scots play any of these Schools rated above Rangiora HS.
These are the top 25 teams in NZ as rated for 2019.

Hamilton BHS
St Kentigern College
Christchurch BHS
Sacred Heart College
St Patrick's College Silverstream
Napier BHS
St Peters College
King's College
St Paul's Collegiate
Feilding HS
St Peter's School, Cambridge
Hastings BHS
Auckland Grammar School
De La Salle College
Palmerston North BHS
Christ's College
Wesley College
Otago BHS
St Bedes College
St Patricks College Town
Rotorua BHS
Scots College
Kelston BHS
Southland BHS
Rangiora HS

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
From the TAS Rugby FB page : "A wonderful game of rugby today on Backfield with TAS playing Ambrose Treacy College from Brisbane.

Congratulations to Ambrose who won the game 38-35. Both teams played well, and as the scoreline shows it was a close match. Ambrose were fast and fit, TAS was strong and composed. It was a great game to watch, and with some familiar faces from Ambrose it was a very friendly game.

Next game is Kinross Wolaroi in Coonabarrabran next weekend."

RogerScots82

Stan Wickham (3)
Do/Did Scots play any of these Schools rated above Rangiora HS.
These are the top 25 teams in NZ as rated for 2019.

Hamilton BHS
St Kentigern College
Christchurch BHS
Sacred Heart College
St Patrick's College Silverstream
Napier BHS
St Peters College
King's College
St Paul's Collegiate
Feilding HS
St Peter's School, Cambridge
Hastings BHS
Auckland Grammar School
De La Salle College
Palmerston North BHS
Christ's College
Wesley College
Otago BHS
St Bedes College
St Patricks College Town
Rotorua BHS
Scots College
Kelston BHS
Southland BHS
Rangiora HS

No Joker, however a few players were rested due to prior injury and jack mossman + terrell KaloKAlo were taken off at half time.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
They look amazing. Credit to the Newington ground staff and presenting such top notch fields. The hard part is always the maintenance.

But really, deep down, this was what we all enjoyed most

32CBD65D00000578-0-image-a-7_1459740007378.jpg

I'm at bit concernred about the bloke who still has a light blue jumper and socks. Is he a winger or something?:)

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
No Joker, however a few players were rested due to prior injury and jack mossman + terrell KaloKAlo were taken off at half time.

Good move. Tours are a tricky thing to arrange when you play an opposition in NZ. (I have done two myself) If the tour is a pre-season then you do not want to get beat up by playing powerhouses and hence injuries ruin the season. The opposite is of course playing easy local teams that only provide a training run and can give a distorted view of the team you are assembling. I myself had this in 2002 when the team I took to NZ beat St Johns College, Hamilton who we were told were pretty well ranked. Turned out they weren't. In fact after beating them by 50+ the team were so confident on returning to NSW that they were promptly beaten by a team we had never lost to. I hope all the lads are well and travel home safely for the upcoming season,.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
The grounds at Stanmore in first rate condition for the start of the rugby season.

HOS_1-002-594x300.jpg

Thanks QH, brings back a few memories.. It was also the oval, where I played my first game of Rugby for Newington and my last one as a schoolboy.On the sideline my sister meet a friend of mine, whom she married some years later. Another friend scored his first and last try for Newington as well on the oval.Yes, a Oval where so many New Old Boys have fond and lasting memories. I am so sure many other Old Boys from other schools, also have fond memories of this oval.

But, my favourite memory was being chased off the oval at lunchtime by the then Rugby Master, Masher Macliane(My apologies if I got his name wrong, but its been so many years). With those immortal words "Get off my ovals".

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
Gossip and news from Hunters Hil.

My son tells me from experience that the Joeys lads have been in a "mini" camp this past week preparing. The full 1st and 2nd camp I believe will be held in Term 2 holidays at Kingscliff as it was in 2018. Meanwhile during the holiday break the College has been running almost daily strength and conditioning for all interested players. Turn up has been larger than expected as some senior A coaches I am reliably told are placing a premium on selecting players with superior fitness and the speed this season. This has given some hope to some lads (previously overlooked due to lack of skill) to be included in a senior team. The S&C coach, Kevin O'Kane has been working most days on programs designed to improve core and leg strength, rather than the upper body which most schools seem to go with. Speed work has been done as well with some help from a guest coach called "Craig". Would this be Craig Bucknell?

That's all the goss from the hill.

2zhkhm.jpg

Mmmm Joker.perhaps Joeys is - perhaps - a tad cautious about the Anglican challenge this Saturday? Are they beefing the lads up on Horse balls in anticipation? Cant predict what those dirty Anglos might get up to...

Hardly a "mini-camp", Joker. 55 boys + ~20 staff arrived in Dubbo at lunchtime Monday and trained / drilled / played internal trials until lunchtime today (Saturday). The squad was superbly hosted by various establishments in Dubbo - most pubs in Dubbo appear to be owned by Joeboys - and had their final dinner at the Commercial Hotel where some bloke called Scott Morrison dropped in and addressed the boys. Some trivia for the cognoscenti - ScoMo played prop for SHS 1sts in 1985.

Status
Not open for further replies.