• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
41 to 5 full time at Bellevue Hill.
22-0 in the 2nd half to Scots.
Newington forwards looking very weary towards the end.
Season looking more hopeful this week.
Scots back to the standards and form of recent years.
New lacking match fitness in both the firsts and seconds.
Faded badly in both games.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Very dominant performance to scots

Would be keen to see a replay of newington’s only try

As it was in the corner and Mossman (15)did a stellar job, trying to repel
I thought it was a no try. Either way academic

Scots too many good players

The backs stood out ... Wong (13) is huge and skilled, rugless (12) has really filled out and then both wingers, zucchini (14) and Tyrone kalokalo .... the year 10 kid. He is fantastic... how good will he be in year 12! Great step.

Plus Savala has always been a good playmaker...albeit lacking the bulk of his older brother... and snowy Mossman (15) is looks very good in his 2nd year

However the Scots forwards really deserve the credit ... they set the platform

Clifton looks good at 7. Botha great leadership... I could go on. Hansen I forgot about ... ? They all played well... the breakdown was all scots

The newington backs simply played defence the whole game and squandered their rare opportunities

They just had a tough day ... they will come good

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I didn’t stay till the end but a Suali-less Kings ran riot over a hapless Stannies. In 2nds Kinross 1sts scored an intercept try near full time to win 28-24.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
TAS V St Gregs in the opens
What a day- The maximum temperature during game time was 5.6 degrees. Yet there was a sea of TAS Supporters under the pine trees on Backfield by the time the 1sts ran on.
St Greg's had a great field of opens today- a few very large, very skilled players.
Results for opens:
3rds: TAS 27, SGC 7
2nds: TAS 12, SGC 15
1sts: TAS 17, SGC 59

Thanks to St Greg's for making the 9 hour bus trip north to one of the coldest days of rugby we have hosted.

One eyed pirate

Ward Prentice (10)
I didn’t stay till the end but a Suali-less Kings ran riot over a hapless Stannies. In 2nds Kinross 1sts scored an intercept try near full time to win 28-24.
Kings were without at least 3 star backs, including Connolly who suffered a bad head knock last week. I think they are also doing without a few front line forwards. Kings are blooding players.....as I’m sure some other schools are. I know of at least 1 star player from joeys who is being rested.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Kings were without at least 3 star backs, including Connolly who suffered a bad head knock last week. I think they are also doing without a few front line forwards. Kings are blooding players...as I’m sure some other schools are. I know of at least 1 star player from joeys who is being rested.

Jason Little's son Oliver was fullback today.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
41 to 5 full time at Bellevue Hill.
22-0 in the 2nd half to Scots.
Newington forwards looking very weary towards the end.
Season looking more hopeful this week.
Scots back to the standards and form of recent years.
New lacking match fitness in both the firsts and seconds.
Faded badly in both games.

Hello Wristman
Clearly, you were right in your predictions about New fitness. I saw in the Trinity and Knox games some great Running Rugby creating the impression that New had the required fitness level. Clearly, my assessment was far too optimistic and its back to the drawing board for Newington.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
15s results for Newington

15A Newington def Scots 95-5
15B Newington def Kinross 28-5
Scots 15B def Newington 15C 20-0
Scots 15C def Newington 15D 60-10

In other games I hear that Kings def Stannies 70-0 in 1sts

WLF

Arch Winning (36)

QH,

What about the 16s?

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)

I don’t understand why Scots continues to compete in 15a and b comp with half the cohort at Glengarry .... it’s just a matter of time before there is a serious injury

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
TBf most of the "rugby" players go in the first intake. It has been that way since 1995. Also there are boys in year ten who still are in that age group. Plus it wouldn't be great if they missed out on even half a season of rugby however with the comp starting in term 2 these days it does make a bit of sense.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
TBf most of the "rugby" players go in the first intake. It has been that way since 1995. Also there are boys in year ten who still are in that age group. Plus it wouldn't be great if they missed out on even half a season of rugby however with the comp starting in term 2 these days it does make a bit of sense.

That’s utterly untrue the only preference has been to snow sports elite competitors and rowing now has a say as of last year but it’s minimal

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
That’s utterly untrue the only preference has been to snow sports elite competitors and rowing now has a say as of last year but it’s minimal

Rod , I agree... this years newington 15As were outsized last year... so throwing an understrength Glengarry team serves little purpose

Maybe some kids get a crack at the higher level ... however I am with you, I hope we don’t have to have another Alex noble, to realise the risks are real

I know the Alex Noble injury was a different scenario

However it serves as a reminder

In my estimation rugby is more risky in the younger ages, where there is more size disparity

By the opens it tends to be not so bad ...although I am sure the injury stats cloud the issue

I know every weekend the various ERs cop a lot of rugby injuries .. and the serious ones are always the worry

Hopefully the one from scots today is ok. As head injuries accompanied by fits are unusual...at least that is what I have been told

Re scots I think they should be playing against 15Bs ... particularly against the heavy weight schools

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)

Sorry, have to disagree, that was the case when I was there and unless my two friends that work there on the rugby program are telling lies then I stand by my comments.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Rod , I agree. this years newington 15As were outsized last year. so throwing an understrength Glengarry team serves little purpose

Maybe some kids get a crack at the higher level . however I am with you, I hope we don’t have to have another Alex noble, to realise the risks are real

I know the Alex Noble injury was a different scenario

However it serves as a reminder

In my estimation rugby is more risky in the younger ages, where there is more size disparity

By the opens it tends to be not so bad .although I am sure the injury stats cloud the issue

I know every weekend the various ERs cop a lot of rugby injuries .. and the serious ones are always the worry

Hopefully the one from scots today is ok. As head injuries accompanied by fits are unusual.at least that is what I have been told

Re scots I think they should be playing against 15Bs . particularly against heavy weights

Totally agree SBW my son was playing Cs and Ds then played As against Joeys while others were at Glengarry he broke his collar bone as did another boy plus a serious eye socket injury to a third boy lost by a cricket score 3 boys in emergency department (all minor injuries) not via any foul play by joeys (or other teams) just via a total mismatch in size skill power and willingness, it’s just a matter of time mark my words ...... I would suggest a similar solution to the opens Scots 15c should be the top team there will always be a few stand out players at that level for Scots but plenty more making up the numbers ......

Status
Not open for further replies.