• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Barker play Newington next week. Should provide a good picture on how Newington are looking

Hello QH
Any other results from the Newington/ Kinross game, they would be much appreciated. After View's 33-10 win over Kinross, I expect a fairly hard game. Which New needs going into the Barker game.

One eyed pirate

Ward Prentice (10)
Interesting game for Kings.

Vs SJC next week will be a good match up.
Yes, it will be interesting. I think it’s first time Kings had its full strength team playing together and it showed in the first half. Waverley lead 19 nil at HT. Kings then had 2 players carded early in the second half. It appeared to wake them up and they played better 13-14 players and got close to winning the game. It was a 70 min game! Don’t know why it was shortened but Kings had the momentum. Kings are contenders but as usual I think it’s going to be a close comp again. BankWest stadium is the best stadium in Sydney and probably Australia.

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
My take on the Scots v Joeys match -
Joeys well drilled and made the most of their chances. Errors cost Scots dearly, poor hands at crucial times. Scots forwards were better but Joeys backs were better. The ref was shocking, 40-5 penalty count to Joeys, plus the yellow card before halftime really changed the match, which was confusing as to why it was a card. It will be a great game when it actually counts and it was amazing to see the crowd numbers for a trial match!

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Scots were without Savala... (10) ....not sure why? Injured?

I thought he was named ...as usual I didn’t get a program

Joeys ...O’brien (13) and o’kane (6) both too big, too strong , too fast

Back in Ireland ... it’s a badge of honour
To have an o’ in your surname

Were joeys full strength?

When is joker back ? Missing him...

Did Joeys win all A grades today? Think so

Scots will be better for today’s hit out

However think it’s kings and joeys show in 2019.

Kings drawing with Waverley no shame... particularly if a few cobwebs

I do think it is a shame so many trial games ...as to me there is a clear grouping of heavyweight schools and second tier

At least in A teams

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Oh Great, there are two annoying, arrogant, one eyed pink and blue supporters out there who probably believe on the Friday Jesus did walk across he mighty Parramatta river at the request of brother Boyd to train at number 7. At the end of the session he produced a fish which fed the 1st and 2nd team, told brother Boyd that he should stick with Michael Lipman at 7 then with 3 hearty cheers from the senior teams accended to the skies.
You’ll find that most Joeys supporters have the same view. You left out the part where Brother Henry received his coaching manual from above

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
I may be mistaken but I didn't see much aggression from either side, a lot of great attacking but both poor in defence. Waverley have some sizeable blokes in Ametesaro (5) and Lathan HW (12) but they clearly lack the professional coaching Scots has through Brian Smith - making a well drilled, cohesive side who I believe will outdo any team in terms of applying pressure both in attack and defence.

Perhaps I'll be made a fool later in the season, havent seen much from the Kings side, but I believe Scots will be very hard to beat for the 2019 premiership.

How’s them apples mate?

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
Agree it was a very impressive performance by Gibbs Joeys 10
What is concerning is nearly 90 points conceded in 2 weeks against middle of the road teams.

Middle of the road eh? Would hate to see who you think is top tier. Waverley and Knox have had a pretty good showing against your ‘top tier’ teams the past few weeks.

One eyed pirate

Ward Prentice (10)
Middle of the road eh? Would hate to see who you think is top tier. Waverley and Knox have had a pretty good showing against your ‘top tier’ teams the past few weeks.
Waverley have some very big great players. Kings lifted in the 2nd half but i think Waverley also ran out of puff....and it was only a 70min game.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Waverley have some very big great players. Kings lifted in the 2nd half but i think Waverley also ran out of puff..and it was only a 70min game.

To be fair, the Waverley side is very fit and has some big boys, who do probably tire due to their size, but tonight they had 3 major injuries, 2 in the forwards which really hurt their momentum. Like everyone else they have been training for many months. Kings drew it after the bell, however this was yet another example of just how good school boy rugby is. Both sides are real contenders for their respective titles and if anyone still thinks these pre-comp games are still "trials" and not the real deal, then I beg to differ.

Status
Not open for further replies.