• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Joker, I’ll be there. I gather dirk Hansen’s kid is into the scots team

And if he is anything like his old man, he will have a big motor

Also brial and rugless back in... so certainly scots sounds pretty full strength

My tip will be a high-scoring match ....With newington winning it on the bell.

With newingtons pacey backs to be the difference, and scots with a few defensive chinks in the armour

Scots have in recent years been done in the last 10 minutes

Albeit by the likes of joeys who are always supremely fit

And in my estimation Joeys likes to pick forward packs that are 8 breakaways

Which doesn’t help the fat kid who likes cake. Name me the last fatty to play for joeys?!

It would be that long ago, he’d be able to laugh it off

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Which doesn’t help the fat kid who likes cake. Name me the last fatty to play for joeys?!

Here are a few

02788-zoom.jpg

59754339_10156601485357144_2147149018508034048_n.jpg

laurieweeksmelbournerebelstrainingsessionfxpxasowapal.jpg

Paddy+Ryan+Super+Rugby+Rd+8+Hurricanes+v+Waratahs+mbWhJ09-TEtl.jpg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
It is funny, that many people always associate Joeys with backs. Except, it has been a production line of props this past decade.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Joker, I’ll be there. I gather dirk Hansen’s kid is into the scots team

And if he is anything like his old man, he will have a big motor

Also brial and rugless back in. so certainly scots sounds pretty full strength

My tip will be a high-scoring match ..With newington winning it on the bell.

With newingtons pacey backs to be the difference, and scots with a few defensive chinks in the armour

Scots have in recent years been done in the last 10 minutes

Albeit by the likes of joeys who are always supremely fit

And in my estimation Joeys likes to pick forward packs that are 8 breakaways

Scots need to step up but I think they'll overcome Newington regardless.
If recent years are anything to go by the Newington pack will start the season lacking match fitness and improve as the season wears on.
Should be a close contest though.
Scots by 10.

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
Ironically, A Daly was a breakaway in the SJC First XV for 2 years and was also a GPS 4v400m runner! He missed selection in the GPS First XV in 1984 but the other Joeys flanker who was picked did his ankle and Daly replaced him.

Everyone knows the rest of the story...prop and only try scorer in the WC Final win v England in 1991.

Notorious

Frank Row (1)
King's Lineup this weekend.

1st XV vs Stannies 1st XV
1. Lawson Goldsmith (16As captain, President XV 2nds, Injured last year)
2. Blake Males (NSW u16 1st, u19 GenBlue)(Captain)
3. Angus Fat (16As, NSW 16As)
4. Samuel Shepherd (3rds)
5. Digby Lilburne (16As)
6. Callum Conroy (2018 2nds)
7. Will Johnston (15As)
8. Harrison Usher (15As)
9. Josh Hickey (3rds)
10. George Poolman (16As)
11. Jordan Williams (Aus 7s)
12. William Penisini (Parra Eels SG Ball)
13. Edward Arnott (15As)
14. Tommy Okladnikov (2nds, MVP King's Japan Tour)
15. Oliver Little (16As, Jason Little's son)

2nd XV vs Kinross 1st XV
1. Nick Coulton (3rds)
2. Luke Males (16As, u16 SJRU)
3. Jules Aquilina (2nds, Slaps King)
4. Archie Stacy (3rds)
5. Oliver Andronicus (3rds)
6. Alexander Massey (16As)
7. James Usher (3rds)
8. Joey Vitanza (16As, NSW 16As)
9. Teo Van Aanholt (2018 Injured)
10. D'arcy Needham (3rds)
11. James Law-Whitting (3rds)
12. Hairy Prineas (16As, Presidents XV 1st)
13. Jordie Maule (5ths)
14. Oscar Pesillier (3rds)
15. Charlie Woodhouse (5ths)

Injuries/Not Playing
Joseph Sua'ali'i (1st wing)
Sid White (1st 2nd Row)
Isaac Lane (2nds Flanker)
Angus Blackmore (1st Centre)
Johnny Connolly (1st Fullback)
Teddy Wilson (1st flyhalf)

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Scots need to step up but I think they'll overcome Newington regardless.
If recent years are anything to go by the Newington pack will start the season lacking match fitness and improve as the season wears on.
Should be a close contest though.
Scots by 10.

Hello Wristman
Yes, most likely a Scots win at this stage of the year. Although, I don't think the New Pack is lacking Match fitness. In the Trinity and Knox games, New were only leading 19-14 at half time against Trinity and 19-7 against Knox. Hence, the differences in the final score, came from points scored in the second half. This would tend to indicate that Newington outlasted both these teams. Also, the new running style of the New team can only be achieved through superior fitness. I feel it might have more do with forward cohesion in the early stage of the season.

Win or lose, I would expect the new backs to display pace and style and have the potential to score some specular tries against a quality team such as Scots. As I have stressed before, this is a quality game for Newington, that will serve as a benchmark for them and the standards required to beat Joeys, Kings and Scots in the return game.

Unfortunately, because of work commitments I will not be attending, so I hope it proves to be an excellent game for both schools and their supporters.

Have nice one

rockstar

Allen Oxlade (6)
King's Lineup this weekend.

1st XV vs Stannies 1st XV
1. Lawson Goldsmith (16As captain, President XV 2nds, Injured last year)
2. Blake Males (NSW u16 1st, u19 GenBlue)(Captain)
3. Angus Fat (16As, NSW 16As)
4. Samuel Shepherd (3rds)
5. Digby Lilburne (16As)
6. Callum Conroy (2018 2nds)
7. Will Johnston (15As)
8. Harrison Usher (15As)
9. Josh Hickey (3rds)
10. George Poolman (16As)
11. Jordan Williams (Aus 7s)
12. William Penisini (Parra Eels SG Ball)
13. Edward Arnott (15As)
14. Tommy Okladnikov (2nds, MVP King's Japan Tour)
15. Oliver Little (16As, Jason Little's son)

2nd XV vs Kinross 1st XV
1. Nick Coulton (3rds)
2. Luke Males (16As, u16 SJRU)
3. Jules Aquilina (2nds, Slaps King)
4. Archie Stacy (3rds)
5. Oliver Andronicus (3rds)
6. Alexander Massey (16As)
7. James Usher (3rds)
8. Joey Vitanza (16As, NSW 16As)
9. Teo Van Aanholt (2018 Injured)
10. D'arcy Needham (3rds)
11. James Law-Whitting (3rds)
12. Hairy Prineas (16As, Presidents XV 1st)
13. Jordie Maule (5ths)
14. Oscar Pesillier (3rds)
15. Charlie Woodhouse (5ths)

Injuries/Not Playing
Joseph Sua'ali'i (1st wing)
Sid White (1st 2nd Row)
Isaac Lane (2nds Flanker)
Angus Blackmore (1st Centre)
Johnny Connolly (1st Fullback)
Teddy Wilson (1st flyhalf)

Looks from the above like #3 Angus Fay has put on some weight in the off season. Still might be helpful in the front row.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Joker gold mate... only surprise in pic is that not a beer in hand. Must have been July or Lent or something

Interesting kings team. Another Poolman ! His brother Eddie ? went alright... as did the big Dog

I hope kings will have their backs back to full strength for the June 1 fixture at QP

Altgh I am not optimistic as to Waverley s chances against kings ... this team I think has best chance of beating Joeys in 2019

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
Here are a few

I remember Garth Boof Harding going from breakway to prop in the seniors.......tbf the I think this is a school boy problem we have in Australia were coaches go for mobility over set piece prowess......hence why the aussie front row has been the shinning light of the wallabies over the last 15 odd yrs

Joker

Greg Davis (50)

Set pieces died years ago when they started making scrum uncontested in the 13F's!
Kids just don't scrum anymore because people are afraid of the liability that comes from injury.
There are some kids who never have had proper front row training till they hit the senior teams.
Props are like truffles....we grow in dark, mysterious places where only pigs dare stick their noses.
Once found they are highly prized, celebrated and the best ones are worth a fortune.

giphy.gif

Son, in this world there are scrums. And in those scrums you need props. Are you willing to do it? As a prop, I have more responsibility than you can ever fathom.

You use words like "drunk" and "out of shape"; those words are the very backbone of a life I spent drinking and partying in, and you use them as a punchline.

You weep for your wings and centers, and curse the prop forward. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of knowing that the front row, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins these games you play. Truth? You can't handle the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about in your selection meetings, you want me in that scrum; you need me in that scrum.

I neither have the time nor inclination to explain myself to a back who scores on the very blanket of ball retention that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just bought me a beer and went on your way.

Otherwise, I suggest you crawl into that scrum and get dirty. Either way, I don't give a damn who you think is responsible.

Notorious

Frank Row (1)
Joker gold mate. only surprise in pic is that not a beer in hand. Must have been July or Lent or something

Interesting kings team. Another Poolman ! His brother Eddie ? went alright. as did the big Dog

I hope kings will have their backs back to full strength for the June 1 fixture at QP

Altgh I am not optimistic as to Waverley s chances against kings . this team I think has best chance of beating Joeys in 2019

Yes, George is Eddie's younger brother. The King's vs Waverly game will be contested at the newly erected BankWest Stadium in Parramatta, home of the Eels, familiar ground to William Penisini. The new season will bring up a great contest with the premiers most likely being decided at King's homecoming game against Joeys in the 2nd last round of the GPS season.

- Notorious

bb5d8226e33b1a7df1275a30a43ac06d

R

RuggerFan1

Scots vs Newington is proving to be a interesting match up. I think Scots will get over in the end with their superior and more mobile forward pack. As for Dylan Hansen (son of dirk hansen 1981 breakaway) debut should be promising, expecting a big game from the U16 Gen Blue 8.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Yes, George is Eddie's younger brother. The King's vs Waverly game will be contested at the newly erected BankWest Stadium in Parramatta, home of the Eels, familiar ground to William Penisini. The new season will bring up a great contest with the premiers most likely being decided at King's homecoming game against Joeys in the 2nd last round of the GPS season.

- Notorious

bb5d8226e33b1a7df1275a30a43ac06d

30m9fq.jpg

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Hello Wristman
Yes, most likely a Scots win at this stage of the year. Although, I don't think the New Pack is lacking Match fitness. In the Trinity and Knox games, New were only leading 19-14 at half time against Trinity and 19-7 against Knox. Hence, the differences in the final score, came from points scored in the second half. This would tend to indicate that Newington outlasted both these teams. Also, the new running style of the New team can only be achieved through superior fitness. I feel it might have more do with forward cohesion in the early stage of the season.

Win or lose, I would expect the new backs to display pace and style and have the potential to score some specular tries against a quality team such as Scots. As I have stressed before, this is a quality game for Newington, that will serve as a benchmark for them and the standards required to beat Joeys, Kings and Scots in the return game.

Unfortunately, because of work commitments I will not be attending, so I hope it proves to be an excellent game for both schools and their supporters.

Have nice one

Thanks Black and White.
Good that the New boys are match fit earlier this season.
I hear great things about this Newington backline.
Some real talent by all accounts.
Should be an enthralling contest.
Will post some thoughts on the game later.
Hoping that New have a good season.
They've come up short in recent years.
Need someone to seriously challenge Joker's beloved Joeys!
Not sure it's going to be Scots this year.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Good morning and welcome to my coverage for today's Joeys games against Knox, St Aloysius', Scots, King's and Shore.

Weather at Hunters Hill is fine and windy with a temperature of 21 degrees expected later today. Wind is cold!

The Rowers BBQ is pumping out some quality bacon and egg rolls.....mmmm bacon.
Coffee is good quality and it wonderful to see the grounds full of people enjoying the game.

Currently my lad is going round on Number 1 against Knox 6ths. Go young good thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.