• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
Dr Lambert poured a lot of money into basketball and rowing too.

Dr Iles was under instructions from his employers to improve academic results, hence his short lived experiment with voluntary sport for Year 12s and the appointment of an innovative Director of Curriculum.

Different personalities, different riding instructions.[/quote

Yeah, so backing up my point, focusing solely on academia does not work at a GPS school. An all round focus appears to be more fruitful.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It did sound like you where demeaning him in that way, but yes fair enough. The current generation of GPS headmasters are being phased out. I feel as though this hyper-sports focused age is going is slowly dying down.

No worries. I was a rugby related point that I was trying to make. Clearly the rugby programme at Scots has improved both in quality and quantity since Dr Lambert's arrival. His personal drive behind rugby is a big part of that.

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Those four schools start in kindergarten and also have ELCs which are counted in the numbers.

Riverview starts in Year 5, so a simple comparison of the numbers isn't a valid comparison.

Fair point QH, however the comparison is valid; according to New's 2017 annual report, the school had 1369 boys enrolled years 7-12, add two more years for years 5 and 6 and New' would be very close or above 1500.

As others have noted, having a larger boarding community seems to help with rugby (and rowing) depth.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Fair point QH, however the comparison is valid; according to New's 2017 annual report, the school had 1369 boys enrolled years 7-12, add two more years for years 5 and 6 and New' would be very close or above 1500.
Hello The Grail

Yes, as you stated by you, about 1350 7-12, but there are the two prep schools whose numbers put the school a lot higher. I could stand to be corrected, but I believe their combined numbers K-6 could be 600 more boys. Meaning if I got the prep school numbers right, about 1900 boys spread across 3 Campus.

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)

G'day B&W, I agree that Newington would be around those numbers. Riverview has around 1500 students from years 5-12. When you subtract the K-4 numbers from schools that cater to these primary years (which are generally around 300), it is not significantly larger than most of the other GPS schools.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Whole front row?!

Sounds like a few getting a rest. as didn’t notice any injuries in newington match

Is Brial playing or getting a rest?

Hope he is right for joeys match , as he is one that will be needed if scots are to get revenge for last year
Brial is listed in the starting line up the regular front row are all on the reserves list not the injured list .......

Notorious

Frank Row (1)
Team List King's vs Barker 18th May

1st XV
1. Lawson Goldsmith
2. Blake Males (c)
3. Angus Fat
4. Sam Shepherd
5. Joey Vitanza (debut)
6. Callum Conroy
7. Will Johnston
8. Harrison Usher
9. Josh Hickey
10. George Poolman
11. Edward Arnott
12. William Penisini
13. Joseph Sua'ali'i (returning)
14. Angus Blackmore (returning)
15. Ollie Little (Jason Little's boy)

Injured:
Sid White (Has played his last game for the sky blue and white) o_O
Teddy Wilson (David Wilson's son will likely start for the 2nds vs Waverly and find his place in the 1sts shortly after)
Tommy Okadnich (Injured at training, not likely to ever play for the sky blue and white again) o_O
Jordan Williams (Injured hamstring during training)
John Connolly (Concussion suffered against Auggies)

Little side note; I've been watching Oliver 'Fez' Ferrari recently in the third XV, would not be surprised to see the young prospect making a run on in the 1st sometime soon.

King's will be looking to get a ahead this weekend after barker's last week's loss to Iggies. Should be a great arm wrestle but prediction is kings by 14.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

As others have noted, having a larger boarding community seems to help with rugby (and rowing) depth.

Yes, I think that the boarding factor is highly significant.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
This is the TAS program against Cranbrook The school message read: "Our teams play in Bellevue Hill tomorrow verse Cranbrook. Please come along to support our travellers if you able. Draw below.
Our 1sts Team has suffered a few major injuries, so we have a young team travelling this week- they may be young, but their enthusiasm is big!"
TAS v Cranbrook.png

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Why did Joker get banned?! We will miss his posts for sure..

BANNED!!!
Joker may be close to the edge with the photo posts but remains the life and soul of the GPS forum.
A slap on the wrist and a clearer definition of the boundaries perhaps...
Seems very harsh...
Damaging posts are those that single out boys for criticism and I've yet to see Joker do that.
Is re-instatement possible please?
We need Joker back.

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
I hate to say it but I agree. One of the reasons I come here is to read his one eyed crap . Although he has mellowed a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.