• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tap n Go

Allen Oxlade (6)
Are you sure weekes is paying full rate ? Why would he travel all that way to go to newington. I know 3 other boys In that team all being subsidised. Doesn’t really make sense when he could get free education. Not sure who Meorea and Murray are but I wouldn’t call Crighton a great one. He is good but given the current crop and who he played against at school don’t think he is missed. He is doing a great job in league but is this a result of playing both codes. Do y think the RA should be chasing him?
100%they should be chasing them I’d love to see all 3 playing for the Wallabies.

Chip kick

Allen Oxlade (6)
100%they should be chasing them I’d love to see all 3 playing for the Wallabies.
Lucky you’re not a selector. Do you think the kids you are talking about are on a pathway to rugby. Look at Moretti from Waverly last year. Do you think he even considered going to union from the age of 16. Most of these kids are there to gain opportunity from the experience.

Tap n Go

Allen Oxlade (6)
Lucky you’re not a selector. Do you think the kids you are talking about are on a pathway to rugby. Look at Moretti from Waverly last year. Do you think he even considered going to union from the age of 16. Most of these kids are there to gain opportunity from the experience.
No point chasing them now as there skill set has changed very hard to shift back.
I just think in particular with these 3 and Moretti as well that rugby should have more of a crack at them.
Yes lucky I’m not a selector , things could change and we wouldn’t want that.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
First feedback from TAS on the Joey's visit. TAS 3rds v Joeys 8ths: "Fabulous game of Rugby on Backfield with the TAS 3rd XV. The boys had fun, and came off smiling at the end. We had Hockey players, Soccer players, debaters and Shooters, all having a go in the spirit that is TAS.
Congratulations Gents- it was a fabulous game to watch.
Final Score: TAS 5, JSC 19"

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
And from the Hill, Joeys 10th XV had Ned Hanigan watching them play some sparkling footy to defeat Newington’s 5ths 52 - 5. Great to see the spirit in which the game was played especially the two Joeys boys who made their debuts for Newington.

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
In 13As, Jimmy Lloyd will be feeling the pain, Scots 79 Joeys 0. In 14As Joeys 59 Scots 7. In 16As, early in H2, Joeys 26 Scots 14

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
To be fair most of the contracted players have been playing Rugby League from a very early age ie well before they played union for school. Most have played development squad, Harold Matthews and SG Ball for their respective teams. In the current crop of GPS 1st players who are contracted; KINGS: Joe Sua'ali'i (Rabbits), Viiami Penisini (Eels), NEWINGTON: Kaeo Weekes (Manly), Tolutau Koula (Manly), JOEYS: Sam Kanaan (West Tigers), Henry Okane (West Tigers). All bar Henry Okane are backs. If they combined this backline it would be one of the best GPS had ever seen.

Henry O'Kane is the son of Kevin O'Kane, ex-Joe-boy and current strength and conditioning coach for Joeys, and Gordon legend of yesteryear. Owns and operates the North Shore Gym at Pymble. Henry is a centre-turned No6, so he could, at a stretch, be called a back.

Status
Not open for further replies.