• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Next weeks Scots v View shaping is clear pick for match of the round and potentially a season defining game.

And 21-21 pre season it will be a bell ringer Scots will need to improve the simple things they got wrong again today and they cannot give away so many penalties if they are to have a chance against a View side with the wind in their sails. It’s interesting to note that the Scots backline has so many players competing pre season that it forced several rep players into the forward pack and others in that forward pack into unfamiliar positions, yet it’s the backs that are not getting the simple things correct and the forwards who are dominating in the trial games ..... that said the Shore pack stood up to Scots today the last 20 mins the flood gates opened (it was 14-10) but up until then there were some worried faces in the crowd.......

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Pie was simply the best the canteen / coffee was amazing but Joker you will be shocked to know they had at least 10 pies left over at the end !!! Without doubt the Referee was the stand out man of the match almost blew the pea out of his whistle !

10 pies.....they needed my son there to finish them off it seems. Good to hear the coffee was still good.
Shame about the ref though. Good to see Shore put in a solid 50 minutes.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
10 pies...they needed my son there to finish them off it seems. Good to hear the coffee was still good.
Shame about the ref though. Good to see Shore put in a solid 50 minutes.
This is where we need Azzuri to make a comeback. Never a pie left at Northbridge during his time

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
And 21-21 pre season it will be a bell ringer Scots will need to improve the simple things they got wrong again today and they cannot give away so many penalties if they are to have a chance against a View side with the wind in their sails. It’s interesting to note that the Scots backline has so many players competing pre season that it forced several rep players into the forward pack and others in that forward pack into unfamiliar positions, yet it’s the backs that are not getting the simple things correct and the forwards who are dominating in the trial games ... that said the Shore pack stood up to Scots today the last 20 mins the flood gates opened (it was 14-10) but up until then there were some worried faces in the crowd...
That often happens with Shore. They never give up but they are usually outsized and spend plenty of time scrambling. In the end they can’t keep it up and the score blows out.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I was getting feeds from my old boy son who attended so I couldn't say.
From what I got New dominated in the first half and stifled Joeys attack but it flipped in the 2nd half and the yellow was a killer for New.
Clearly Joeys felt like they had it by the throat in the second half, passing up so many penalty goals, opting for touch instead.
Joeys were camped in the Newington 22 for about 10 minutes when it was 18-15 to Newington. They obviously sensed (correctly) that it was better to keep the pressure on and make the Newington team use up a lot of energy in defence. Great tactical awareness from Joeys.

For 55-60 minutes the game was played at such high speed and intensity. Play frequently went end to end and side to side. The continuous possession that Joeys had was gold and once the next try came Newington were out of petrol.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Getting back to the preliminaries.
Joeys were sensational in seconds. Speed to burn and great skills.

16As Joeys again too good but Newington improved on previous years. Another very quick game. 24-14 and I was told that Joeys won by 40 last year

15As another great game. Joeys dominated first half to lead 7-0. Newington dominated second half and were able to score two tries but unfortunately gave away an intercept try. Huge improvement by Joeys. Very well drilled
14 all draw

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Getting back to the preliminaries.
Joeys were sensational in seconds. Speed to burn and great skills.

Seconds coach and I spoke tonight. Very happy with the result. They feel they may lose their right winger to the 1st's as he had a stellar game. They play a high tempo game and push the ball. Great to watch when it works.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Seconds coach and I spoke tonight. Very happy with the result. They feel they may lose their right winger to the 1st's as he had a stellar game. They play a high tempo game and push the ball. Great to watch when it works.
Right winger was electrifying

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I though the New/Joeys game was evenly matched throughout most of the Game. It was only in the last 15minutes, when Kaeo Weeks was carded that Joeys started to dominate the game.

Up until till then, neither side gave away much in Defence. It was very much each player marking and repelling his opposite number.I could well be corrected, but with New Defending its 18-15 lead that Kaeo was given his matching orders. It was now, that Joeys scored their three tries and established their led. 21 unanswered points. Hence, the result was due to a maths problem, with the Joeys having the greater numbers. Newington simply could not afford to lose a player such as Kaeo,particular, against side such as Joeys. Up until till them, New had played excellent Rugby and had the appearance of taking the game. Their Forwards, worked well throughout the Game and showed no signs of tiring in the last stages of te game.

Overall, a spectular game of schoolboy with both sides displaying excellent standards of play. I was sitting next to some Joeys supporters and we both agreed, that the final score was not reflective at all, of the closeness of the game. Where, two high standard teams gave their supporters an impressive display of skill and precision Rugby.

As a New supporter, I was pleased that Newington was not at all outclassed by Joeys in either the forwards or the backs.

In other games:- Well done to our 16As with a very competitive with a 14-24 loss. Towards the end of the game they were gaining confidence and taking the game to Joeys. Last year as the 15As were well beaten 47-12 to Joeys. A impressive improvement.

The 15As was a rather disappointing effort with an absence of effective support play by New, to complete the breaks they made.

14As was a Tempe, so I didn't see the Game or heard any reports about it.

13As saw New create numerous gaps through their nimble and speedy backs in the Joeys Defence and establish a 28-0 led. 2nd half saw a tightening of the Joeys defence. With only two tries scored. Well to Joeys on an excellent recovery.

Oh, the 2nds, Newington were completely out classed by Joeys to the score of 53-0

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
I forgot to post this earlier....same result BUT how brave were Shore!

33ixhr.jpg

FootyGuy

Bob McCowan (2)
I went to Newington today and it was a cracking game of rugby. I felt Joeys couldn’t have played any worse in the first half with their possession, line outs, scrums awful. Despite this Newington could only score 2 tries despite having the majority of possession, and 1 of which came off a charge down in the firs minute of the game. Joeys defence was amazing across the park, particularly joeys outside backs. I enjoyed the Kanaan/Weekes duel, with Kanaan doing a very good job of shutting him down. The sin binning did kill the contest partly because of a man down but also Newington heads dropped when their best player left the field. Both backlines didn’t get much space which was a shame, with the referee failing to keep both sides backline defence back. He focussed on this too late in the game and unfortunately Newington copped it as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.