• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
So The Battlers from Bellevue Hill.....k

Yes I have seen what those poor battlers travel in. Here was shot from the Bellevue Hill long day care centre

shutterstock_155248067-1240x828.jpg

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)
I would just like to congratulate Newington college on a great days entertainment , great food stalls, music , entertainment for young ones,trampolines , fairy floss , u name it they thought if everything .
Scots spoilt the party atmosphere but wow what a spectacle Newington put on and I’m sure no matter who u supported today everybody has a terrific day.
Well done again Newington college

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Classy touch at the very end of the game. The entire Kings side lined up in front of the Joeys faithful and applauded them and Joeys clapped them right back. Well done Kings, great example.

How impressive was this. Well done Kings for demonstrating great sportsmanship.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I would just like to congratulate Newington college on a great days entertainment , great food stalls, music , entertainment for young ones,trampolines , fairy floss , u name it they thought if everything .
Scots spoilt the party atmosphere but wow what a spectacle Newington put on and I’m sure no matter who u supported today everybody has a terrific day.
Well done again Newington college

Its just a pity I missed it due to work Commitments

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
4 tries each at Stanmore, goal kicking the difference in the end. A game of contrasting styles with Newington relying largely on speed out wide, while Scots graft through the forwards. Newington seemed to lose their composure and structure in the 2nd half, while the Scots machine just kept going. Scots just know how to graft out a win. Highly enjoyable day of rugby at Stanmore with most games very competitive.

Full time in 1sts

Scots def New 28-24

I'll repost results from early games in case people are just tuning in.

Early games

15A New def Scots 35-7
15B New def Cranbrook 50 plus
15C New def Scots 44-5

16A New def Scots 19-13

4th New def Scots 31-7
3rd Scots def New 25-24
2nd New def Scots 22-19

Unsure of 13A and 14A - someone told me that Scots won 13As but unconfirmed. No news from the outpost at Tempe for the 14As

Hello QH
If the 13As lost this will be their first game being beaten. But Scots are strong side in this age group having beaten Joeys 79-0 earlier in the season. New only beat Scots 19-15 last time.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Ok
Summary for yesterday V Kings

Joeys 1st XV 13 Kings 10
Joeys 2nd XV 24 Kings 22 (winning try AFTER the bell. Kick off was last play then 19 phases later...try)
Joeys 3rd 45 Kings 12
Joeys 4th 47 Kings 0

BIG GAME- Joeys 12th 29 Cranbrook 4ths 5

Joeys 16A 52 Kings 0
Joeys 15A 14 Kings 5
Joeys 14A 26 Kings 21
Joeys 13A 14 Kings 19

Bolivia

Herbert Moran (7)
Ok

Ok

Summary for yesterday V Kings

Joeys 1st XV 13 Kings 10

Joeys 2nd XV 24 Kings 22 (winning try AFTER the bell. Kick off was last play then 19 phases later.try)

Joeys 3rd 45 Kings 12

Joeys 4th 47 Kings 0

BIG GAME- Joeys 12th 29 Cranbrook 4ths 5

Joeys 16A 52 Kings 0

Joeys 15A 14 Kings 5

Joeys 14A 26 Kings 21

Joeys 13A 14 Kings 19

The big Game you speak of was vs Cranbrook 6th's - Just to clarify

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
I will be interesting to see if the Scots 3 and 14 recover from their injuries that took them off the ground in the first half and definitely gave the advantage to New, that and the yellow card.

What ever the case Hunters Hill will be a cracker. Correct me if I am wrong but the last time both Scots and Joeys were playing for all the smarties in the last round at Hunters Hill was 1994. However in that year Scots lost to high in the opening round and I think Joeys tied with Shore....again I could be wrong.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
I will be interesting to see if the Scots 3 and 14 recover from their injuries that took them off the ground in the first half and definitely gave the advantage to New, that and the yellow card.

What ever the case Hunters Hill will be a cracker. Correct me if I am wrong but the last time both Scots and Joeys were playing for all the smarties in the last round at Hunters Hill was 1994. However in that year Scots lost to high in the opening round and I think Joeys tied with Shore..again I could be wrong.
What a day of rugby it will be next Saturday at Hunters Hill.

In the 1sts it's winner take all and a draw will be a shared premiership between Joeys and Scots. No other schools are close enough to figure in this.

In the 2nds, Joeys already has at least a share of the premiership. If Joeys win they are undefeated premiers. If Joeys lose to Scots and Riverview beat Newington then Joeys and Riverview would share the 2nds premiership.

In the 3rds, Joeys already has at least a share of the premiership. If Joeys win they are undefeated premiers. If Joeys lose to Scots and TAS beat Riverview then Joeys and TAS would share the 3rds premiership.

However, I don't think Joeys are planning to share anything :)

Joeys 4ths and 16As are also undefeated so it will be a big day on #1 field.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Correct me if I am wrong but the last time both Scots and Joeys were playing for all the smarties in the last round at Hunters Hill was 1994. However in that year Scots lost to high in the opening round and I think Joeys tied with Shore..again I could be wrong.

1994 Joeys won 1st and 2nd XV OUTRIGHT. Was there that day and it was the biggest crowd I have ever seen at the crowd. Must get those sprinklers looked at again....

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
1994 Joeys won 1st and 2nd XV OUTRIGHT. Was there that day and it was the biggest crowd I have ever seen at the crowd. Must get those sprinklers looked at again..

In 1965 Newington came to Hunters Hill to play for the premiership. It was in the days of the old three point try, Joeys won 3-0 and were crowned champions. Crowd was about 15,000 according to those more knowledgeable than me. And yes, the place was packed.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
1994 Joeys won 1st and 2nd XV OUTRIGHT. Was there that day and it was the biggest crowd I have ever seen at the ground. Must get those sprinklers looked at again..

Yep, I was there too and the sprinkler "malfunction" is amusing.......to look back on. Time heals.
The last minute withdrawal of Australian schoolboy halfback Doug Bursill was a serious setback for the Scots team.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Yep, I was there too and the sprinkler "malfunction" is amusing...to look back on. Time heals.
The last minute withdrawal of Australian schoolboy halfback Doug Bursill was a serious setback for the Scots team.

Scots were enormous against the Joeys mighty midgets. Bigger hearts won in the end + a sprinkler

Here is the match summary from the Joeys 1994 Magazine.

67829184_477879086120962_4894478300262432768_n.jpg

Scots kicked off in front of an estimated crowd of 10,000 in the match to decide the premiership. The Scots bigger forward pack immediately started to play the rolling maul to great effect. In the third minute Scots had St Joseph's under pressure with a high ball under the posts. They regathered to near the posts. The conversion gave Scots the lead 7- 0. From the kick off, St Joseph's kicked to Scots backs where Simpson was able to regather the ball.

From the next ensuing ruck, St Joseph's were awarded a penalty which Hannon converted. 3-7. Scots were starting to win the majority of the possession and were attacking inside the St Joseph's 22. From a maul their backs were able to find space to send their speedy winger over for a try in the corner 3-12. All the pressure was on St Joseph's, who needed to win some possession to mount an attack. Another deep kick by Hannon to the Scots backs proved successful, with their winger failing to find touch. Thompson was able to mount a counter attack with Rogan and Shepherd to support. The ball was fed to Griffin who had little space but was able to out-sprint the cover defence to score in the corner. 8-12.

Our forwards were starting to make some strong effective tackles on their counterparts. They resisted the Scots attack who were using their big forwards as battering rams charging at the line. On two occasions the Scots forwards were held up over the line and forced back. Scots maintained the pressure but solid tackling by Thompson and Shepherd held the line. A ruck infringement gave Scots a further three points. 8-15. From the kickoff, St Joseph's were able to move into the Scots half. Hannon was able to kick a 45 metre penalty to close the gap to 11-15. On half time he kicked another penalty to end the half at 14-15.

In the second half Scots continued their lineout domination. However, Rogan was able to put us back on attack with a fine counter attack deep inside his 22. From an ensuing ruck, St Joseph's were awarded a penalty. Harmon kicked the goal to put St Joseph's in the lead for the first time in the match. 17-15. A crucial tight head to Harvey put the team on the attack. The ball was sent out to the backs with Griffin tackled down the line. From the lineout, Radford went close to scoring but was forced back. An opportunity went begging when from a five metre scrum the backs spilt the ball in attack. Scots were able to relieve the pressure and start mounting their own attack.

Scots were winning the majority of possession from the lineouts and mauls. Time and time again they were mounting attacking raids inside St Joseph's 22. Only desperate defence by both forwards and backs kept Scots from scoring. With 15 minutes to go Rogan counter-attacked again deep inside his 22. From the ensuing ruck Shepherd made a fine break through the Scots forwards to put some sting back into the St Joseph's attack. With ten minutes left, St Joseph's won a scrum on half way. The backs decided to play a decoy centre split with Shepherd going wide and changing the angle. He was able to break the Scots centre and with two players hanging on to him he passed the ball to Wheeldon on the fly. Wheeldon had to beat the full back and the cover coming across. This he was able to do, and scored out wide. This made the score 22-15 in our favour.

With seven minutes to go, Scots hammered the St Joseph's line. From a lineout near the 22, Scots second rower made a bursting run on the short side, only to be tackled by the smallest player on the field in Steven Devine. For the last few minutes of the game the premiership was on the line, with the much bigger Scots forwards charging for the line, only to be turned back by the smaller St Joseph's pack. In the end St Joseph's were able to withstand the Scots onslaught to win the match and the premiership 22-15.

Status
Not open for further replies.