• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

Masked Crusader

Ward Prentice (10)
I was talking to a mate of mine who has a boy in the 16s at Grammar and they are optimistic about the current 14s and 15s age groups there in particular. I notice that both of those age groups were As on As and Bs on Bs (without athletes).

I think that size would let them down trying to play 1sts, but otherwise I think that their A teams could compete with As or Bs from other schools.
I watched the Grammar 13A’s play Joeys 13B’s last year. They were very strong, could have held their own in the A comp. sadly they don’t get the chance anymore.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Any results for 100 m... from yesterday?

Particularly if winners playing rugby in 2020...

Gather scots won 4 x 100 relay ... not sure if all 4 playing the game they play in heaven

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
This week Newington play Kings in a trial at Kings. I assume all teams will be involved.

This year marks the 150th anniversary of the 1st game of schoolboy rugby in Australia between Newington and Kings in 1870.

The GPS game at Stanmore was scheduled to be a huge day, but I don't think that it will happen in the current circumstances - at least in the way originally planned. It was to be on Back to Newington Day, but that part of the day at least has definitely been cancelled.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
This week Newington play Kings in a trial at Kings. I assume all teams will be involved.

This year marks the 150th anniversary of the 1st game of schoolboy rugby in Australia between Newington and Kings in 1870.

The GPS game at Stanmore was scheduled to be a huge day, but I don't think that it will happen in the current circumstances - at least in the way originally planned. It was to be on Back to Newington Day, but that part of the day at least has definitely been cancelled.

Hello Quick Hands

Clearly a massive disappointment for Kings and Newington supporters, Maybe, 2021 could be designated as the year for celebrations. Certainly, as all Newington Old Boys Reunions have put back a year. It is simply too greater event to be downplayed.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
Any results for 100 m. from yesterday?

Particularly if winners playing rugby in 2020.

Gather scots won 4 x 100 relay . not sure if all 4 playing the game they play in heaven

The 100m was won by Kings and the 200m by Shore. The Kings winner plays soccer. The Shore lad would have been 1st XV however he dislocated his shoulder 10 minutes before the 100m so is out for the season (still ran, came 2nd). The Scots 4x100m winners play rugby with one boy in 16A's and the rest played 3rd's/4ths last year.

Results are here: http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/...ics-Championships-Results-Senior-Division.pdf

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
The 100m was won by Kings and the 200m by Shore. The Kings winner plays soccer. The Shore lad would have been 1st XV however he dislocated his shoulder 10 minutes before the 100m so is out for the season (still ran, came 2nd). The Scots 4x100m winners play rugby with one boy in 16A's and the rest played 3rd's/4ths last year.

Results are here: http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/...ics-Championships-Results-Senior-Division.pdf

The U17 100m & 200m was won by a Kings boy who is playing rugby in the opens. If he didn't play rugby his dad might be a tad disappointed.......;)

Edit to say, his time would have won him both the open's 100m and opens 200m too.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
The U17 100m & 200m was won by a Kings boy who is playing rugby in the opens. If he didn't play rugby his dad might be a tad disappointed...;)

Edit to say, his time would have won him both the open's 100m and opens 200m too.

Yes, his times were fantastic. Probably a good chance to play 1sts now one of King's wing spots is about to open up.....

thedutchoven

Chris McKivat (8)
Evening gentlemen,

Riverview's 4th XV playing against those Protestant's over at Shore this weekend.

Fixture might be against their 3rd XV for this team.

Can anyone confirm this?

TDO.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
Evening gentlemen,

Riverview's 4th XV playing against those Protestant's over at Shore this weekend.

Fixture might be against their 3rd XV for this team.

Can anyone confirm this?

TDO.
The fixtures list is here: http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/?post_type=fixtures&p=7420

Shore play Riverview across all age groups in trials except 3rds which starts properly this weekend. Riverview play Joeys in 3rds - looks like TAS are out so Shore 3rds have a bye.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Hello Quick Hands

Clearly a massive disappointment for Kings and Newington supporters, Maybe, 2021 could be designated as the year for celebrations. Certainly, as all Newington Old Boys Reunions have put back a year. It is simply too greater event to be downplayed.

The Newington 16s rugby boys dominated the age group in the athletics and spearheaded the school to the intermediate division premiership.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
The Newington 16s rugby boys dominated the age group in the athletics and spearheaded the school to the intermediate division premiership.

Hello Quick Hands

Sounds like there is a strong correlation between New's athletic runners and the fast Rugby backlines that have appeared in this age division. I hope they take speed into the Rugby backlines of the Opens and the 16s.

Masked Crusader

Ward Prentice (10)
Hello Quick Hands

Sounds like there is a strong correlation between New's athletic runners and the fast Rugby backlines that have appeared in this age division. I hope they take speed into the Rugby backlines of the Opens and the 16s.

That could be a good sign for the Joeys 13's rugby teams this year, they won both divisions of the 100 and the hurdles, the 400 and I think the 800 division plus the 4 x 100m. I hope they are all rugby players. At Joeys there is at least an 80% chance they are.

thedutchoven

Chris McKivat (8)
That could be a good sign for the Joeys 13's rugby teams this year, they won both divisions of the 100 and the hurdles, the 400 and I think the 800 division plus the 4 x 100m. I hope they are all rugby players. At Joeys there is at least an 80% chance they are.

Evening Marlow,

Being agile doesn't necessarily directly correlate to being able to quickly react to whats in front of them and play heads up footy.

Looks promising for View as well, 4th XV having most of their athletics boys winning in their respective divisions and races..

There could be something in this team,

Regards, TDO.

T

The Hammer

Hey there,

Long time follower of this thread, first time poster.

Just looking for an update regarding the season (if at all), and what the format will look like.

My apologies if this had already been asked and answered.

Hammer.

thedutchoven

Chris McKivat (8)
Hey there,

Just looking for an update regarding the season (if at all), and what the format will look like.

Hammer.

EVENING HAMMER,

INFORMATION REGARDING THE GPS SEASON IS HERE: http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/winter-sports/rugby/upcoming-fixtures/

FAIRLY CERTAIN THAT THERE ARE NO SPECTATORS, HOWEVER IF YOU WANT TO WATCH PEER FROM A DISTANCE.

REGARDS TDO.

T

the Business

Hey there,

Hammer.

Good evening “the Hammer”

We’re glad to have a new active member become involved on the site.

As far as I’m concerned the GPS season in the 1st and 2nd competition will begin in 2 weeks time, I simply cannot wait.

In terms of the 3rd XV competition, due to the extra team it will begin in 4 days time.

Kindest of regards and my condolences,

The business