• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
I have been very quiet partly because I have been moving back to Armidale. Got here a few months ago and have been settling in. I'm not sure on the rowing, TAS is participating. They have a four in the thirds, I think, AND an eight in the firsts. crikey. All the way from Malpas dam which I am pleased to report is now over half full.

I am not sure that we will get any rugby this year. Perhaps we may have to spend more time reviewing the past?

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
So now we have no rugby to talk about. Anyone care to predict a winner in this

You would have to say that Kings are favourites after last week. Strong win over Shore at SIRC. Shore won Riverview Gold Cup but that isnt necessarily the best guide.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
I'd agree with you there. I forgot to add.

Schedule of Events:

11.00am: 4th IV

11.10am: 3rd IV

11.25am: 2nd IV

11.40am: 1st IV

11.55am: 2nd VIII

12.10pm: 1st VIII

Many thanks Rudderless,
Even though I am a CAS supporter I watched it all, brilliant and congrats to all the teams and schools, especially Scots for winning their 5th major title.
Also extremely glad that these boys, families and teachers were able to have their day in the sunshine after many early hours and days of training.

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
Great win for Scots and a bit of a surprise! But we will take it! First win in 41 years. The reason for the race being on the Tuesday was the SIRC is closing on Thursday so the HOR would of been suspended until a later date. Interestingly it was Dr Lambert who pushed for the race to go on Tuesday rather than postpone, which I am told at the smart of the meeting other headmasters where in favour of.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Now Scots has attracted controversy by holding an open air assembly to welcome back their winning rowers.
After stopping assemblies, chapel, and band practice to minimise the spread of Wuhan Flu.
Tough call. Winning the HOTR deserves acclamation but open up the school to criticism.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03...osts-assembly-amid-coronavirus-fears/12064148

Well done to Scots for winning the rowing but this is just disgraceful for ignoring a Government directive to protect people. The health and safety of students and staff were jeopardized for the inflated ego of Lambert.

In contrast Joeys cancelled all sports rally's and even the traditional rowers dinner which is always held for the students and parents despite whatever results.

COX'S ROUTE

Frank Nicholson (4)
This the same bloke who a few years ago was asked to resign by the school council and refused and apparently still there.? Love to know the back story to that one.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
This the same bloke who a few years ago was asked to resign by the school council and refused and apparently still there.? Love to know the back story to that one.

I have a good mate who's son goes there. Apparently they've been excellent issuing parents regular emails on the subject of doing the right thing; so this was a very poorly measured decision. I guess head of river > lives

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)

He went above the Council. Got support from (I think) the General Assembly who changed the membership of the Council to a group of people who backed Dr Lambert. The key issue was spending - Council wanted it reduced, Lambert saw things differently.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Sour grapes 'n' all that, well done Scots. In the last decade Grammar, Joeys, Riverview and now Scots have won to disrupt the hegemony of Shore in rowing. Long may it be so.

R

RuggerFan1

Congratulations to the Scots 1st VIII,

The boys from The college with a view, got the win at HOTR. For the first time in 41 years. (how good!)

Commiserations to Kings and Shore they were definitely, the favourites heading into the race.

On contrary, I've heard rumours of terrible sportsmanship from various kings boys and coaches. Saddening to see in the GPS.

Anyway, lets talk footy!

Bigmac75

Bob McCowan (2)
Congratulations to the Scots 1st VIII,

The boys from The college with a view, got the win at HOTR. For the first time in 41 years. (how good!)

Commiserations to Kings and Shore they were definitely, the favourites heading into the race.

On contrary, I've heard rumours of terrible sportsmanship from various kings boys and coaches. Saddening to see in the GPS.

Anyway, lets talk footy!
One quick comment on the rowing. From looking at the splits and video, shore faltered in last 500m. Bow end rowing short and out of time. Any news on this? Illness or injury?

COX'S ROUTE

Frank Nicholson (4)
One quick comment on the rowing. From looking at the splits and video, shore faltered in last 500m. Bow end rowing short and out of time. Any news on this? Illness or injury?

I only watched it live by streaming, not great quality especially from the boat on the side.

But Scots got out to an good early lead and held it. No one looked like running them down.

Yes and Shore did finish badly. ended 5th I think. I thought they might challenge in the last 500, but Scots had a full boat length

Bigmac75

Bob McCowan (2)
I only watched it live by streaming, not great quality especially from the boat on the side.

But Scots got out to an good early lead and held it. No one looked like running them down.

Yes and Shore did finish badly. ended 5th I think. I thought they might challenge in the last 500, but Scots had a full boat length
Similar to 2007 when shore were favoured but dropped off badly to finish 4th. I think a rower collapsed??

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
For those looking for a Schoolboy Rugby hit in these uncertain times.

Documentary - Episode 1 of 7 has just been released today (an episode every Sunday) which follows the Brisbane Boys College 1st XV during their 2019 Season

https://www.bbc.qld.edu.au/news/the-season/

Previous Schoolboy Rugby documentaries from the same Film Producers...

Nudgee College Brisbane QLD, 2017 Season (5 episodes)

St Patrick's College Silverstream Wellington NZ, 2018 Season (3 episodes)

Hamilton Boys High School Waikato NZ, 2019 Season ( 5 episodes)

Masked Crusader

Ward Prentice (10)

Shore had nothing in the tank, nor Kings. It had a lot to do with the prep in the lead up, Shore and Kings flogged themselves on Saturday, Scots didn't. Well played Scots, wonder how they knew the race would be rescheduled? Interestingly only 1 crew in the field (among the contenders at least) posted a better time race over race, historically this is a bit of an outlier. Usually most crews would post their best time on the day of the big race.

R

RuggerFan1

Shore had nothing in the tank, nor Kings. It had a lot to do with the prep in the lead up, Shore and Kings flogged themselves on Saturday, Scots didn't. Well played Scots, wonder how they knew the race would be rescheduled? Interestingly only 1 crew in the field (among the contenders at least) posted a better time race over race, historically this is a bit of an outlier. Usually most crews would post their best time on the day of the big race.

scots didnt post their pb though.

you sound like an agitator. Scots rowers found out on sunday night.