• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
My son is at Shore - they have been advised that they will either play another internal game on Sat or a friendly vs another school. Assume a local one.
nothing decided on yet.
Kings being in Parramatta and not close to other GPS schools is an issue - unless they cross associations and play against the likes of Oakhill College and Redfield. Newington would be the closest I guess and Stanmore is a long way from Parra.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Reading the above letter, I think the pertinent paragraph for GPS schools is the one which refers to limiting crowds and minimising the number of schools that interact. The crowd constraints are already in place and what it may mean is that at a school like Joeys the Fs to Js might play a lot of internal games. Time is running out for this weekend but it would be good if they could at least organise the respective 1sts, 2nds and 3rds competition games.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
There have been 0 issues after a minimum 3 external trial games at most schools. Not surprisingly the players in my son’s under 13 community team also attend school. They end up playing other players who also attend school. So allowing community sport but not school does nothing to reduce the possibility of Covid impacting schools. I would argue that school rugby should continue and community rugby should not. Why? The school environment has many more controls in place and no spectators. Arguments about wide catchments are silly. Last Sunday community teams from the north shore travelled to Blacktown... pretty wide catchment.

Too true

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Seems to be some clarity coming from the Daily Telegraph this morning. Article is behind a paywall - anyone have access to it?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I can't read it either but it says 'private school sport to restart after marathon crisis meeting' so I guess that's all we need to know. Presumably details will filter through during the day.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Seems to be some clarity coming from the Daily Telegraph this morning. Article is behind a paywall - anyone have access to it?

Independent and Catholic school heads expect inter-school sport will resume this weekend after a breakthrough marathon meeting last night with the state‘s chief health officer.
More than 20 headmasters from primary and secondary independent and Catholic schools walked away from a two-hour Zoom meeting with NSW Chief Health Officer Dr Kerry Chant shortly after 7pm on Wednesday night confident non-government school sport was back in play.
This must have been what Alan Jones was talking about last night.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
Shore 1sts were told last night they’re playing Riverview this weekend although not confirmed by the school yet.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Tony George was interviewed again this morning, this time on 2GB by Ben Fordham, and said that the last 24 hours had been very productive, and although there were a few more hoops to get through they were optimistic of a positive development/announcement later on today. He said that the decision making had been moved lower down the chain (a la the letter on the previous page), so I am reading that to mean the headmasters are discussing it today.

The Analyser

Bob McCowan (2)
Tony George was interviewed again this morning, this time on 2GB by Ben Fordham, and said that the last 24 hours had been very productive, and although there were a few more hoops to get through they were optimistic of a positive development/announcement later on today. He said that the decision making had been moved lower down the chain (a la the letter on the previous page), so I am reading that to mean the headmasters are discussing it today.
Rumours are the season is to go ahead as of this weekend, all schools and principals have come to agreements, just waiting for a signature from the Minister of Sport

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
From the Joeys Headmaster

(relevant bits. I left out the parts were we shall wipe the heathens from the earth blah blah blah...)

Due to time constraints surrounding the organisation of previously scheduled competition and non competition games and activities this weekend, the majority of games will take place this Saturday, 29 August, with some additional internal non-competition games.

Please note that restrictions regarding no spectators will remain in place. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd XV Rugby and 1st XI Football games will continue to be live streamed. Further information about and online access to these live streams are currently being arranged, and will be emailed to the Joeys community in the coming days.

It is worthwhile at this time to reflect on why we play sport and its importance as an extension of all we seek to achieve with our boys in the classroom. The following extract from The Rationale for Sport at St Joseph’s College (1990) provides valuable guidance:

Sport remains an important part of the education provided at St Joseph’s College. . . . In a way that is natural to exuberant youth, sport – both competitive and recreational – occupies a proportion of the time that is available to the boys after school and on weekends. In doing so, it provides the exercise necessary for good health and adolescent growth, encourages the development of skills, self-confidence . . . and promotes positive attitudes to exercise and well-being. As a Catholic school, the College draws inspiration for its sports philosophy principally from our Christian tradition, which prizes all activities that contribute constructively to the harmonious and complete development of the whole person – mind, body and soul.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
4cvtyd.jpg

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Great news!!!

....as Prince Harry said in relation to Paralympics ... "sport can bring you back from the darkest places"

very happy for the kids and so now the fathers need to the right thing and stay away

Joker, Are Joeys full strength? I think you guys had a few coming back from injury ... and I know Scots had a few in the casualty ward ... which explained their lacklustre showing against Kings.

Tipping Joeys will be too good ... O'Kane will be the difference IMHO

although I look forward to the livestream :)