• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2021

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
Great showing by the ‘view 1s down at Riverview this arvo v Barker. View bounced back from a disappointing loss against Knox last week with a gutsy 24-18 win over Barker, who, might I add, were incredibly physical and certainly held the size advantage as demonstrated in their dominant scrums. Riverview ended up winning it through solid defence, and strong counter attacking footy, including an end to end try late in the first half. Standouts for view included O’Donnell as usual who broke through the Barker line numerous times, Bowen who, despite coming off after the first half, was a crucial playmaker, Granger on the right wing who put on more than a couple bone crunching hits on his opposite number, and the hooker Collins who was rock solid all day. Barker no. 3 was a standout for them, and the Barker pack were solid all through the park but were maybe just out finessed by the View forwards. All in all a great game which leaves the wolves in great stead for the remainder of the season, and silences the critics who predicted that view would be flogged.

Hoo roo,
TME

bring back rucking

Fred Wood (13)
Axel is knox, who beat view... let’s not be Petty. He’s a good and balanced contributor

Should be a great CAS v GPS game in a few weeks... quality players across both associations. Will be one of the best nsw schools teams in a long time

RonnyGibbs

Herbert Moran (7)
Axel is knox, who beat view. let’s not be Petty. He’s a good and balanced contributor

Should be a great CAS v GPS game in a few weeks. quality players across both associations. Will be one of the best nsw schools teams in a long time

Mate he carrying on about being a winner and how good CAS. Unfortunately there pride and joy got beaten by a gps team

bring back rucking

Fred Wood (13)
No they didn’t. His team beat view last week and Newington today... fairly sure the comment was a reply in jest to another, but whatever.... move on, good win to view today, they are a good team led well by O’Donnell. Personally I think joeys are a better side from what I’ve seen.... but anything can happen in joeys v view and usually does

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Mate he carrying on about being a winner and how good CAS. Unfortunately there pride and joy got beaten by a gps team

Ronny, relax, I am a CAS fan and neither Knox nor Barker, in fact their ARCH enemy.
Axel was just having a go, to be funny, he's a great guy and extremely balanced.

By the way, I assure you Barker are not the CAS's pride and joy, quite the contrary given recent events.

P.S. Our Waves team has always had a huge tussle with View and Joeys over the recent years in this particular age group , they are tremendous sides, and I am not at all surprised that View beat Barker today.

In my mind, and I suspect many others, these inter-association games are tremendously interesting, as opposed to the old home and away theme, which BTW was only in play for a decade or so. We are now seeing different schools and different styles, and many seriously great games, and a feeling for which team really is the best. People have said for years why doesn't the GPS winner play the CAS winner, and it has never happened (and imagine the crowd) NOW, we get a much better look.

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
It was a great day for rugby at Stanmore today. Throughout the day there were mixed results throughout the grades.

Congratulations to Knox 1st XV on their win. They were well coached and the far better organised team on the park with their set pieces in both the forwards and backs.

In my opinion the Newington forwards showed some promising signs especially when they were up against a bigger and stronger pack. They have surely improved since I watched them against Barker 3 weeks ago. Having said this they still have a lot more improvements specially in the Tight 5 area. #6 for Newington was the standout for me.

The Newington Backs from 9 to 15 all seemed to lack Cohesion. They are all individually talented boys but they need to gel together as a team.

Cheers
Love2Scrum

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Great showing by the ‘view 1s down at Riverview this arvo v Barker. View bounced back from a disappointing loss against Knox last week with a gutsy 24-18 win over Barker, who, might I add, were incredibly physical and certainly held the size advantage as demonstrated in their dominant scrums. Riverview ended up winning it through solid defence, and strong counter attacking footy, including an end to end try late in the first half. Standouts for view included O’Donnell as usual who broke through the Barker line numerous times, Bowen who, despite coming off after the first half, was a crucial playmaker, Granger on the right wing who put on more than a couple bone crunching hits on his opposite number, and the hooker Collins who was rock solid all day. Barker no. 3 was a standout for them, and the Barker pack were solid all through the park but were maybe just out finessed by the View forwards. All in all a great game which leaves the wolves in great stead for the remainder of the season, and silences the critics who predicted that view would be flogged.

Hoo roo,
TME

Great report TME. Our son’s reported it was a tough physical game and ‘View able to control multiple phases, working well together as a team.

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Ronny, sorry if I offended you with my tongue in cheek comment. Enjoy your season, and let me know if ever you’d like some English language lessons....your grammar is appalling.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Max seemed to be ok when taking the water out to the boys during Joeys totally dominant win over Scots yesterday. A
Quick scan of the results suggests Scots only won 2 games yesterday and were thumped in all the age group A games plus the firsts. As usual Scots got a bit carried away with themselves before the game even started with a bizarre but failed attempt at psyching out the visitors.

I guess we'll see. Hope you're right, but seeing him limp around this week makes me doubt they'll pick him for the CAS game which is only 2.5 weeks away.

RonnyGibbs

Herbert Moran (7)
It is disappointing that this page seems to be dominated by chippy whinging posts and there is so little rugby comment made.

Agree

For me Knox looked structurally better than Newington. They were able to hold the ball for long periods of time and create pressure.

For me 3 and 12 were good always offloading to players in better positions.

Newington still a work in progress and never gave up

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
Max seemed to be ok when taking the water out to the boys during Joeys totally dominant win over Scots yesterday. A
Quick scan of the results suggests Scots only won 2 games yesterday and were thumped in all the age group A games plus the firsts. As usual Scots got a bit carried away with themselves before the game even started with a bizarre but failed attempt at psyching out the visitors.

Joeys played 40 games yesterday (only the 16Cs couldn't get a game) against 11 different schools. Of these 40 games, 21 were against Scots who won 4 of them - 2nds 12-10, 4ths 19-12, 16Ds 26-14 (v Joeys Es) and 14Ds 14-10 (v Joeys Es).

A Grade games were all won by Joeys: 1sts 31-14. 16As 33-7, 15As 47-0, 14As 45-12 and 13As 60-0.