• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2021

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Round 1 of the 3rd XV competition last week produced the following results:

Shore 20 d Kings 5
Scots 26 d TAS 12
Joeys 20 d Riverview 5
Grammar 37 d High 0

Round 2:
Shore take on Scots at Northbridge. With both teams coming off a win in round 1 it will be a great match.
High travel to North Parramatta to play Kings. They both lost in round 1 so should also be another good contest.
Riverview host Grammar at home. View will be keen to bounce back from last week's loss to Joeys, but Grammar as the defending premiers might have other ideas.
And how good is it to see TAS back after last year and travelling to Hunters Hill for the match against Joeys.
I understand TAS are bringing their 1sts and 2nds and also one team in each age group U13 - U16.

Good luck to all teams for Round 2.

INP

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
Round 1 of the 3rd XV competition last week produced the following results:

Shore 20 d Kings 5
Scots 26 d TAS 12
Joeys 20 d Riverview 5
Grammar 37 d High 0

Round 2:
Shore take on Scots at Northbridge. With both teams coming off a win in round 1 it will be a great match.
High travel to North Parramatta to play Kings. They both lost in round 1 so should also be another good contest.
Riverview host Grammar at home. View will be keen to bounce back from last week's loss to Joeys, but Grammar as the defending premiers might have other ideas.
And how good is it to see TAS back after last year and travelling to Hunters Hill for the match against Joeys.
I understand TAS are bringing their 1sts and 2nds and also one team in each age group U13 - U16.

Good luck to all teams for Round 2.

INP

agree with that comment re TAS, INP. TAS playing their 1sts and 2nds and all age groups from U16 to U13 - great to see.

Also, good to see the resurgence of Grammar rugby, and we all hope this is a harbinger of things to come. Premiers in the 3rd Grade Comp last year and off to a solid start this year.

Their U15A side is reportedly strong, but couldn't get a game this week until View and Joeys - who were scheduled to face each other in their final trial game - agreed to play a 3-way game with Grammar on Saturday. Each side will play both other sides in one half of 25 minutes in a game of 3 halves at View at 12:30pm.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm positive hes in year 11

Hugh had a few rep honours in the backrow. Forgot why he moved to the front row
Just a general comment as I don't know the lad concerned.
Lots of schoolboy coaches over the years have moved big fast backrowers into front rowers in order to build a fast mobile pack.
Under 18 scrums are relatively de-powered compared to the open age rules and there is little risk in putting a newcomer into the front row.
This strategy gives a team more pace in the forwards and extra "jackals". Perhaps that's why your lad made the move.

Big Papi

Herbert Moran (7)
Just a general comment as I don't know the lad concerned.
Lots of schoolboy coaches over the years have moved big fast backrowers into front rowers in order to build a fast mobile pack.
Under 18 scrums are relatively de-powered compared to the open age rules and there is little risk in putting a newcomer into the front row.
This strategy gives a team more pace in the forwards and extra "jackals". Perhaps that's why your lad made the move.

Perhaps even a reunion with his brother, Angus, in the future?
All speculation.

BP

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
If that’s what they did I would say they are playing games with the devil. Battle hardened players win premierships not cotton wool ball fluffs. Never good to tempt fate.

FT at view, the wolves get up 45-38. I wonder what the score line would’ve been if view didn’t put on their 2’s at halftime.