• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2021

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
Hello Rudderless

Hello Rudderless

Are these players members of last years KINGS 15As. I have been told they are an outstanding team, who together with Joeys 15As. Both teams have dominated their age group since the Under 13s. It would appear that we have some very strong sides taking the field in the 2021 GPS Rugby.

Hello Black & White

With Joeys and Kings dominating the 2020 Under 15’s together with a few other players from the other schools it would be fair to say that the 2021 GPS U16’s Presidents XV’s Team will be one to watch during the representative season.

Hopefully this age group has good forwards to provide the speedsters clean ball to dazzle the opposition with their brilliance

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
Hello Black & White

With Joeys and Kings dominating the 2020 Under 15’s together with a few other players from the other schools it would be fair to say that the 2021 GPS U16’s Presidents XV’s Team will be one to watch during the representative season.

Hopefully this age group has good forwards to provide the speedsters clean ball to dazzle the opposition with their brilliance

Love2Scrum

The NSW Schools and Club pathways (includes dates in 2021)

FYI

NSWJRU (nswjuniors.com.au)

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
With many Year 10, 11 and 12 Rowers absent from Rugby training/trials, their season draws to an end this Saturday with the Head of the River at SIRC.

Race 1 9.00am 4th Year 10 VIII
Race 2 9.08am 3rd Year 10 VIII
Race 3 9.16am 2nd Year 10 VIII
Race 4 9.24am 1st Year 10 VIII
Race 5 9.32am 3rd VIII
Race 6 9.40am 4th IV
Race 7 9.50am 3rd IV
Race 8 10.05am 2nd IV
Race 9 10.20am 1st IV
Race 10 10.35am 2nd VIII
Race 11 10.50am 1st VIII

Lane Draw and List of Crews
Rowing NSW Regattas

Live on Cluch TV
2021 AAGPS NSW Head of the River | Cluch

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
With many Year 10, 11 and 12 Rowers absent from Rugby training/trials, their season draws to an end this Saturday with the Head of the River at SIRC.

Race 1 9.00am 4th Year 10 VIII
Race 2 9.08am 3rd Year 10 VIII
Race 3 9.16am 2nd Year 10 VIII
Race 4 9.24am 1st Year 10 VIII
Race 5 9.32am 3rd VIII
Race 6 9.40am 4th IV
Race 7 9.50am 3rd IV
Race 8 10.05am 2nd IV
Race 9 10.20am 1st IV
Race 10 10.35am 2nd VIII
Race 11 10.50am 1st VIII

Lane Draw and List of Crews
Rowing NSW Regattas

Live on Cluch TV
2021 AAGPS NSW Head of the River | Cluch
Are supporters allowed - and war cries?

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
formerflanker

I'm assuming the other schools have been given the same NSW Govt COVID-19 restrictions (number of persons on site) as Kings.

Compulsory attendance

- Year 7
- Year 8
- Year 9 Rowers
- School Monitors

That's it.

A limit of TWO Spectator tickets for each competing Rower (Grandstand only). No General Entry tickets available.

There was NO mention of War Cries being banned.

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
(my last post about Rowing)

Congratulations to the Kings 1st VIII on their victory (last won in 2007). Seven of the boys are in Year 11.

Today Riverview has broken the AAGPS record (SIRC results spanning from the start in 2001) for the Junior Year 10 1st VIII 2000m HOTR.

Their earlier results at SIRC

- 6th Feb 6.21.88
- 13th Feb 6.25.50
- 27th Feb DNS
- 6th Mar 6.17.76

Today 13th Mar 6.08.67

That's one hell of a coach...

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
Morning all,
The wispy grey hairs on the back of my neck are standing up with excitement. Waking up to the rain early this morning transported me back to my playing days on the hallowed turf of St. Ignatius’ college, the manicured, nitrogen fuelled greenery of the King’s School, the castle-overshadowed grass of the Scot’s College, the history-steeped oval of St. Joseph.

That’s right, fellow ruggers, the time is almost upon us. Before we know it, we will be back into the swing of GPS rugby. I, for one, am happy to voice my prediction for the outcome of the season...

Riverview: outright premiers.

I look forward to seeing this dream realised.

Yours in anticipation,
TME

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Morning all,
The wispy grey hairs on the back of my neck are standing up with excitement. Waking up to the rain early this morning transported me back to my playing days on the hallowed turf of St. Ignatius’ college, the manicured, nitrogen fuelled greenery of the King’s School, the castle-overshadowed grass of the Scot’s College, the history-steeped oval of St. Joseph.

That’s right, fellow ruggers, the time is almost upon us. Before we know it, we will be back into the swing of GPS rugby. I, for one, am happy to voice my prediction for the outcome of the season.

Riverview: outright premiers.

I look forward to seeing this dream realised.

Yours in anticipation,
TME

Hello Metre Eater

For me personally, the best home ovals are the ones with the embarkments, where as spectators we can look down on the matches.
Hence, Newington, Which I claim to have many fond memories and provides a tremendous atmosphere
Kings, where I also have a fond attachment
Riverview, again just a great view and yes I think view will be a talent side, but may lack depth, due to their 16 Division not being the strongest age group, despite improved performances last year.

Also, the excellent barbecue services added to the atmosphere.

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
Hello Metre Eater

For me personally, the best home ovals are the ones with the embarkments, where as spectators we can look down on the matches.
Hence, Newington, Which I claim to have many fond memories and provides a tremendous atmosphere
Kings, where I also have a fond attachment
Riverview, again just a great view and yes I think view will be a talent side, but may lack depth, due to their 16 Division not being the strongest age group, despite improved performances last year.

Also, the excellent barbecue services added to the atmosphere.

B&W,
Thanks for your correspondence,

While important to consider the viewing facilities of sporting arenas, one would be imprudent to solely base their assessment of the fields of which "the game they play in heaven" is conducted, on the spectator amenities. A trap for young players indeed.

I will be the first to admit it was remiss of me to fail to mention such an important factor. But another factor that I forgot to mention at all is the lavatories.

Brother Henry would roll over in his grave if he saw the "porta-potties" stationed across from the stand after which he is named. Similarly, Fr. Mac of SIC would be disgusted by the lack of cleanliness in his grandstand, and just as well, the visitors' grandstand across the way. That brings us to Newington. Their lack of a grandstand all together leaves them missing amenities nearby. The sheer distance one must walk to relieve themselves seriously throws into contention the standing of the Stanmore brigade in the rankings of AAGPS facilities. Similar with Weigall, with their bathrooms so far that one must remember to bring their passport, as well as with SBHS.

On the contrary, Scots and Shore really lead the way in providing a truly first class fluid-expulsion expulsion experience. Shore, during their recent construction of their extravagant grandstand, "the Hawker Stand", did not fail to allocate a more than significant portion of the budget to the facilities. Similarly, Scots, as one would expect, provide a truly first class experience in their lavatories, which brings them neck and neck with Shore.

So, here we are. Scots vs Shore. The final differentiating factor, which Im sure you noticed has not been mentioned by me yet - grub. Although the food at Shore is fantastic, the dining experience is nothing to be compared to the "Blackwatch Café" of TSC. And thus, fellow Ruggers, Scots take the cake.

Feel free to raise any differences of opinion in the thread below.

I've been TME,
Goodnight all.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
B&W,
Thanks for your correspondence,

While important to consider the viewing facilities of sporting arenas, one would be imprudent to solely base their assessment of the fields of which "the game they play in heaven" is conducted, on the spectator amenities. A trap for young players indeed.

I will be the first to admit it was remiss of me to fail to mention such an important factor. But another factor that I forgot to mention at all is the lavatories.

Brother Henry would roll over in his grave if he saw the "porta-potties" stationed across from the stand after which he is named. Similarly, Fr. Mac of SIC would be disgusted by the lack of cleanliness in his grandstand, and just as well, the visitors' grandstand across the way. That brings us to Newington. Their lack of a grandstand all together leaves them missing amenities nearby. The sheer distance one must walk to relieve themselves seriously throws into contention the standing of the Stanmore brigade in the rankings of AAGPS facilities. Similar with Weigall, with their bathrooms so far that one must remember to bring their passport, as well as with SBHS.

On the contrary, Scots and Shore really lead the way in providing a truly first class fluid-expulsion expulsion experience. Shore, during their recent construction of their extravagant grandstand, "the Hawker Stand", did not fail to allocate a more than significant portion of the budget to the facilities. Similarly, Scots, as one would expect, provide a truly first class experience in their lavatories, which brings them neck and neck with Shore.

So, here we are. Scots vs Shore. The final differentiating factor, which Im sure you noticed has not been mentioned by me yet - grub. Although the food at Shore is fantastic, the dining experience is nothing to be compared to the "Blackwatch Café" of TSC. And thus, fellow Ruggers, Scots take the cake.

Feel free to raise any differences of opinion in the thread below.

I've been TME,
Goodnight all.

Hello Metre Eater

Well Done, a most enjoyable and amusing summary of GPS facilities, at each of the various schools.

I cannot argue with such profound wisdom, yes, a trip to the bathroom at my beloved Newington, is some thing of A "Leland Brothers" experience. In that one must " travel the countryside" in order to find relief and comfort of our bowels.

Concerning the facilities at Newington, the Headmaster, Mr Michael Parker, has in one of his downloads about the school, stated that, Newington has come to an agreement with Marrickville Council, for the shared use of the ovals at Tempe. These include, ovals for both Rugby and Soccer. Newington will invest in their "up keep" for a period of about 30 years. To me, this is a wonderfully inclusive approach of both the local community and Newington, working together. Looking at Google Maps, I think there is a potential for another seven ovals., maybe more.

This could impact on the number of teams, Newington may field in matches against other schools. Increased ovals could permit, more teams to be fielded by Newington, obviously adding to the schools depth, in playing numbers. However, details for me at least are unknown. So anyone with Newington connections, an insight into the Tempe Ovals, would be deeply appreciated. Particularly, the bathroom facilities and parking spaces as I sure, those of you have sons, who will be playing against Newington at Tempe Ovals, will find comfort in the knowledge, of their whereabouts.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Lads, we need the rugby start soon.
We are here talking about loo's.
Time for one my AAGGPS series.
Let me start....

Joeys loo's

0a2c378b23468fd42a5caa1e3b5c5d9f.jpg

Scots College

4826.jpg