• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2021

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Sydney Boys High

the_tearoom_2.jpeg

Riverview

loo1.jpg

Sydney Grammar

ef170cfa541460d1c3ef6dab626752b3.jpg

Shore

05c6b7b78a3d56270357aa460038ece7.png

Best ever Joker!!!!!!!!!!

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
Evening all,
Anyone have any news from the grapevine regarding each team’s 1st XV?
I for one have heard Riverview have a returning second rower who has repeated year 12 for academic reasons. He came from Sydney grammar in year 11 (I believe) and he sure does pack a punch.

TME

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
Evening all,
Anyone have any news from the grapevine regarding each team’s 1st XV?
I for one have heard Riverview have a returning second rower who has repeated year 12 for academic reasons. He came from Sydney grammar in year 11 (I believe) and he sure does pack a punch.

TME

Good Evening TME,

I personally think that your question is premature at this stage in the year especially with none of GPS Schools having had any trial games yet hence the cancellation of the trial games between St. Ignatius vs Waverley College on Saturday which is understandable.

I’m assuming all GPS coaches have a rough idea who will be in the 1sts & 2nd XV. The internal trials this weekend and the trial games against the CAS schools in the early stages of Term 2 will determine the official final squad.

Cheers
Love2Scrum

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
Good Evening TME,

I personally think that your question is premature at this stage in the year especially with none of GPS Schools having had any trial games yet hence the cancellation of the trial games between St. Ignatius vs Waverley College on Saturday which is understandable.

I’m assuming all GPS coaches have a rough idea who will be in the 1sts & 2nd XV. The internal trials this weekend and the trial games against the CAS schools in the early stages of Term 2 will determine the official final squad.

Cheers
Love2Scrum

You must be new here. The rumour mill works overtime when it comes to GPS rugby. You have a lot to learn.

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
I
You must be new here. The rumour mill works overtime when it comes to GPS rugby. You have a lot to learn.

Good Evening TME,

Yes I am new to the forum however I’ve been a long time reader and GPS follower since 2013 however I’m happy to stand corrected.

Cheers
Love2Scrum

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
I

Good Evening TME,

Yes I am new to the forum however I’ve been a long time reader and GPS follower since 2013 however I’m happy to stand corrected.

Cheers
Love2Scrum

No worries L2S - as I’m sure you’ll know we are also partial to a joke or two here. I think I best personify this quality. Looking forward to many more back-and-forths between us over the years.

TME

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
Just a heads up for followers of Kings or Joeys.

In Term 2 Week 2 (Sat 1st May) there is to be trials at Hunters Hill.

Kings Cadet Camp (6 nights from Thurs 25/3 to this Wed 31/3) was cancelled due to the flood damage in Singleton. It has been rescheduled to Term 2 (6 nights, Sun 25th April to 5pm Sat 1st May).

Therefore Year 9 (U15) and Year 10 (U16) will NOT be competing. Year 7 (U13) and Year 8 (U14) are not involved with the Cadet Camp and WILL be competing.

Cadets in 1st XV 2nd XV and 3rd XV teams will have travel arrangements to compete on Sat 1st May.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Ok. Little reminder we can start all over again here.
Season 2021 will hopefully be back to normal.
Miss the sounds, smells (Newington BBQ is amazing) and the people.

Enjoy the off season

If I can use this opportunity, to sing the praises of the Big Newie, a giant size burger with the lot. That is steak, sausage, egg, bacon, grilled onion, tomatoes, if I recall pineapple and beetroot. Buy it at Lunchtime or before. I promise you you need not eat for the rest of the day. Your cardiologist might be critical of this recommendation. Which means it is worth its value.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
If I can use this opportunity, to sing the praises of the Big Newie, a giant size burger with the lot. That is steak, sausage, egg, bacon, grilled onion, tomatoes, if I recall pineapple and beetroot. Buy it at Lunchtime or before. I promise you you need not eat for the rest of the day. Your cardiologist might be critical of this recommendation. Which means it is worth its value.

Tis but a snack when compared to the Joeys "Rower" burger.

Double Steak, 2 x sausage, egg, bacon rashers, onion, mushrooms (optional), grilled tomato slice, Gruyere cheese and special BBQ relish.

Here is one I ate earlier.

r

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Hello Joker

I hope you are keeping well and I mean that with a great deal of sincerity, viewing this delight.

Well, what can I say, that is not a burger, more a banquet.At least Joeys and Newington, will be keeping cardiologists busy this season. But does it come with cutlery, as I suspect Joey's farmers, will need to bring down the family Chain Saw, just to get started. The other issue, will medical premium increase for Joeys parents, who are suffering from a sudden onset of overweight, heart Conditions and off course, an explosive urge to empty ones bowels, after consuming this delight. I can only imagine all sorts of noises erupting, from the Joeys bathrooms, this season.

The other question, is it now part of Joeys religious education, to implement the feeding of the 5,000.

Kind regards

B & W

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
...word is that Joeys first trial game v Knox, scheduled for 24th April, will be played at Bankwest Stadium as the curtain-raiser to the Tahs v Rebels Super Rugby game...

Rucklover

Frank Row (1)
Word out of Stanmore is that the boys wearing the Black and White have been training the house down. Led by locks William Rumi and Sam Eagleton, expect a big year from those two and possible GPS selection on the cards according to all coaches at Stanmore.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Word out of Stanmore is that the boys wearing the Black and White have been training the house down. Led by locks William Rumi and Sam Eagleton, expect a big year from those two and possible GPS selection on the cards according to all coaches at Stanmore.

Many Thanks Ruck Lover

Good to see another New Supporter, making a contribution, here on Green & Gold so please keep us advised on the team and any other teams you wish to comment on. your comments will be most appreciated.

Kind Regards

B&W

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Joeys Rugby will have two Jorgensen boys this year. Max (yr 11) and Oscar (year 10). Oscar is a large winger with a good step and size. Max is back again. The squad is in camp outside of Sydney working with some surprise ARU coaches.

The focus will once again be speed, speed and more speed. Joeys do not have much size (no surprise there as the game plan is all about running the opposition off their feet) but this year the back are looking to be a bit more "Joeys" with the ball, not seen since the titles in the mid 2000's. The ball in hand, moving at pace is the key. Joeys 10 (Della Cruz Paita) may end up running the backs. He was overlooked in 2020 due to size and played in an under strength 16A XV in 2020. Had a great pass and tackles most elephants thrown at him.

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)

Thanks for the update Rucklover

Haven’t seen or heard much of Sam Eagleton over the years however good luck to him and William Rumi.

Having not watched any games in 2020 due to this F#*%ken Virus that’s turned our lives upside down, are there any possible players from last years Under 16’s pushing for 1st XV’s Selection this year?

Cheers
L2Scum

Up and In

Allen Oxlade (6)
Newington's rugby pathway is destined for change and this will transfer to results this year and beyond. If opposition Sportsmasters,as predicted, insist on equal match-ups this year against Newington, the true playing field will emerge. Newington Headmaster Parker supports this.The Newington rugby programme has been trumpeted for years for its innovation but it is underpinned by the drop-in addition of talent at the top level. It's a false dawn as talent development has had little to do with results. The Newington rugby programme has relied on this massaged programme a long time, on top of match ups against opposition lower teams, where talented players have been parachuted in. Dr Parker, as a serious academic, is extremely concerned with the HSC results and the impact that the enrolment process has had on this process and their HSC results. He has put the brakes on this sporting procedure which will impact severely on the intake of targeted sportsmen into the school, and the rugby results thereafter. More schools need more Dr Parkers.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Newington's rugby pathway is destined for change and this will transfer to results this year and beyond. If opposition Sportsmasters,as predicted, insist on equal match-ups this year against Newington, the true playing field will emerge. Newington Headmaster Parker supports this.The Newington rugby programme has been trumpeted for years for its innovation but it is underpinned by the drop-in addition of talent at the top level. It's a false dawn as talent development has had little to do with results. The Newington rugby programme has relied on this massaged programme a long time, on top of match ups against opposition lower teams, where talented players have been parachuted in. Dr Parker, as a serious academic, is extremely concerned with the HSC results and the impact that the enrolment process has had on this process and their HSC results. He has put the brakes on this sporting procedure which will impact severely on the intake of targeted sportsmen into the school, and the rugby results thereafter. More schools need more Dr Parkers.