• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2021

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Attendance might peak during the curtain raiser;)

Meanwhile all continues as usual at Mackay Oval

a15e11aa-8053-4ab8-bbeb-cb80e4c454b1.jpg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Newington have provided a grandstand for the 1st XV players parents and family members ONLY

7%20Grandstand%20fans%20July%202017.jpg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Sydney Grammar have decided to forgo attending games and issued this book as compulsory reading for all students

31YfRaDrosL._SX310_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Kings have sensibly left the Headmasters suite be after all the money a former Headmaster spent on it.

Bar2-TheSpectator-Charleston-CRHotel.jpg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Shore have revealed their new plans for the replacement to the recent grandstand. Fund raising wont be too hard.

Stadium_Exterior+Plaza_alt_lg.jpg

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
Hi there WLF,

With 13 boys returning from 2020. It Should be a good game at Death Valley and from what I’m hearing on the platform at stanmore station the boys cannot wait.

Forecast for Saturday 24th April is fine with a top 21 degrees so hopefully it should be a good day rugby.

All the best to both teams and may the best team win.

Cheers
L2Scrum

Hi L2S,

I think we can all sense the expectation level for this years footy, after last years events.
Clearly New should be better placed this year with a more experienced player roster, and you would expect they are definitely in the mix against all comers.

As you know the first few games, for all teams, can be a bit scratchy/rusty as teams aren't finalised and typically don't have it all together, but I am sure they are all buzzing to get going after a lot of preseason training.

There are some great matchups in other games, eg Joeys v Knox etc, hope supporters post scores and thoughts.

Yep, the weather is looking really good for all games, and the grounds are also in tip top shape.
I can smell the BBQ's already! How good!

Sounds like you will be there? Is B&W a potential spectator?

Good luck to all teams.

Cheers WLF.[/quote]

Hi WLF,

Unfortunately I wont be at Death Valley this weekend as I'll be interstate for work this week.
I'm hoping that Black & White and Quick Hands or yourself will at the ground to keep those of us who can't be in attendance updated.

Cheers L2Scrum

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
The Joeys First XV game (versus Knox Grammar) will kick off at Bankwest Stadium at 5:20pm as a curtain raiser to the NSW Waratahs match. There will be plenty of Joeys lads there (boarders being bused in) along with day boys.

Hope all the boys from HH are recovering well from their Brutal experience in the country and are ready for this weekend.
Looking forward to the updates from Bankwest Stadium.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Hi L2S,

I think we can all sense the expectation level for this years footy, after last years events.
Clearly New should be better placed this year with a more experienced player roster, and you would expect they are definitely in the mix against all comers.

As you know the first few games, for all teams, can be a bit scratchy/rusty as teams aren't finalised and typically don't have it all together, but I am sure they are all buzzing to get going after a lot of preseason training.

There are some great matchups in other games, eg Joeys v Knox etc, hope supporters post scores and thoughts.

Yep, the weather is looking really good for all games, and the grounds are also in tip top shape.
I can smell the BBQ's already! How good!

Sounds like you will be there? Is B&W a potential spectator?

Good luck to all teams.

Cheers WLF.

Hi WLF,

Unfortunately I wont be at Death Valley this weekend as I'll be interstate for work this week.
I'm hoping that Black & White and Quick Hands or yourself will at the ground to keep those of us who can't be in attendance updated.

Cheers L2Scrum[/quote]

L2S, I will be there, will keep things updated. Cheers!

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Proud to say that Joeys this year will be fielding a 14th XV.
The big issue is finding opposition. This weekend they play View 11ths.

hornsby4life

Allen Oxlade (6)
I heard St Joseph's have a new number 12 coming from Waverley College and is a member of the Sydney Roosters squad. Will he be lining up on Saturday at Bankwest? That would incredible to see him in action! Someone let me know... thanks!

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
AAGPS Sports Update – 22 APRIL 2021

The AAGPS Chairman, Mr Mark Ticehurst, in consultation with the GPS Headmasters’ Standing Committee, wishes to provide the following update regarding GPS sporting programmes in 2021:

AAGPS winter sporting fixtures will commence this Saturday April 24, 2021. The allowance of spectators at all sporting fixtures will remain the responsibility of individual member schools and will vary between indoor and outdoor venues and individual school facility capacities. Please refer to individual schools for advice of upcoming fixtures and any relevant restrictions in place.

Attendance at fixtures will adhere to the updated AAGPS COVID-19 Safety Plan and current NSW Government guidelines for indoor and outdoor gatherings, and all spectators must record their attendance upon entry at the electronic sign in provided.

The streaming of selected fixtures will occur upon the commencement of official AAGPS competitions. More details will be provided closer to this commencement date.

The AAGPS acknowledges that advice and the current situation has, and will continue to change rapidly. As the situation evolves, the AAGPS will continue to monitor, and act accordingly throughout the remainder of 2021.

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
I heard St Joseph's have a new number 12 coming from Waverley College and is a member of the Sydney Roosters squad. Will he be lining up on Saturday at Bankwest? That would incredible to see him in action! Someone let me know. thanks!

don't think so H4L - Joeys No12 is Jonnie Chan from last year's 2nds, the younger brother of Nick Chan who was Joeys No12 a couple of years ago (and part of the Aussie Schoolboys who beat NZ)

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
I heard St Joseph's have a new number 12 coming from Waverley College and is a member of the Sydney Roosters squad. Will he be lining up on Saturday at Bankwest? That would incredible to see him in action! Someone let me know. thanks!

You are spot on H4L,

He is a wonderful lad and yes ex Waverley from last year 2020, wants to board, can no longer board at Waverley, like his dad did but Dad not an old JB, know him well.
Johnny Chan will be the no.12 in the 1s no doubt, but this boy is only in year 11, and can really play, he was in the Waves in the 15as age group in 2019 which defeated Joeys at Joeys on no 1, so a great pick up by Joeys, BUT I might add, NOT a scholarship, luv it! (sort of!)

It's a real shame Joeys and View aren't playing the Waves this year in the 1s, pretty sure these games would have pulled some serious crowds!

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
AAGPS Posters,

Just having a look at the Trials draws and noticed that Kings have a hell of a draw in their first 4 games.
It reads Scots, Joeys, View, then Waves!

Good luck to the Kings boys!

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
don't think so H4L - Joeys No12 is Jonnie Chan from last year's 2nds, the younger brother of Nick Chan who was Joeys No12 a couple of years ago (and part of the Aussie Schoolboys who beat NZ)

Ace, will the Joeys v Knox game be televised on Cluch TV etc?

Does anyone know?

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
My last son (yr 12) is now in the opens and tells me that the new kid from Waverley is playing 10 for the 1st XV.
He has heard he is fitting in well.
Della (who I picked as 1st XV 10) is playing fly-half for the seconds with my boy.
The seconds play Knox at Knox then bus straight to Bankwest.
NO CLUCH I'm told.