• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2021

Big Papi

Herbert Moran (7)
Go back to CAS and be on a winner do you mean Ronny?

axel, it's BP

Did you catch the view vs knox game or have you heard about it? Would love to have a rundown, super promising signs for CAS taking down 2 traditionally great (not saying they still aren't) rugby schools.

BP

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
axel, it's BP

Did you catch the view vs knox game or have you heard about it? Would love to have a rundown, super promising signs for CAS taking down 2 traditionally great (not saying they still aren't) rugby schools.

BP

I didnt Big Papi...........I've heard is that it was close and a good game. Either team could've won it. The Knox scrum was far superior apparently, and the View forwards made a few errors like trying to throw impossible flick passes etc.
Sorry I dont know anymore mate.

bring back rucking

Fred Wood (13)
It was a good game of rugby. 12 O’Donnell was a stand out for view, very classy player with genuine size and skill. He scored at least once and was in everything good from Riverview. The main difference between the 2 sides was the knox scrum which repeatedly had view going back the full 1.5m, didn’t result in any tight heads but had them on the back foot all day. For Knox 3 Black, 5 Rowe were the pick of the forwards... the passing from 10 Morrison was sublime and 12 McLeod was very influential with hard carries and good off loads. Both 12’s were probably best on ground but surprisingly didn’t clash directly too often. O’Donnels post contact metres are outstanding and you would imagine he is destined for higher honours

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
Hi RonnyGibbs / Muminator,

From the sound of things, Knox scrums are very dominant.

Having watched the game last weekend how did Newington scrums perform against Scots? Was there improvements from the game against Barker? I understand that Newington were missing a few forwards for that game due to injuries that could have made a difference.
My observation from the game against Barker was that their tight 5 controlled most of the scrums and that provide clean ball for their backs.

Look forward to your favourable response.

Love2scrum

RonnyGibbs

Herbert Moran (7)
Hi RonnyGibbs / Muminator,

From the sound of things, Knox scrums are very dominant.

Having watched the game last weekend how did Newington scrums perform against Scots? Was there improvements from the game against Barker? I understand that Newington were missing a few forwards for that game due to injuries that could have made a difference.
My observation from the game against Barker was that their tight 5 controlled most of the scrums and that provide clean ball for their backs.

Look forward to your favourable response.

Love2scrum

L2S

Scrum was ok v TSC

New will look forward to the return of 2 of there backs who played for city Rugby League on the weekend

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
L2S

Scrum was ok v TSC

New will look forward to the return of 2 of there backs who played for city Rugby League on the weekend

Thanks for the feedback RG.

On a positive note, Its good to see that the school has allowed the boys to participate in the Rugby League representative season.

Cheers
Love2scrum

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
Cluch TV

On Saturday 22nd May, Cluch will commence its coverage of the 2021 AAGPS NSW 1st and 2nd XI Football competition as well as the 3rd XV Rugby Competition.

Then from Saturday 29th May Cluch will also add the final trial matches of the AAGPS 1st and 2nd XV Rugby competition and continue weekly coverage of all competitions throughout the season.

BBQoysters

Frank Row (1)
Great to hear P.B. Finally I can watch Shore lose another premiership...

Cluch TV

On Saturday 22nd May, Cluch will commence its coverage of the 2021 AAGPS NSW 1st and 2nd XI Football competition as well as the 3rd XV Rugby Competition.

Then from Saturday 29th May Cluch will also add the final trial matches of the AAGPS 1st and 2nd XV Rugby competition and continue weekly coverage of all competitions throughout the season.

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
As a Joeys dad said “They’re wrapping him up in cotton wool “ before the GPS season.

I think he's a shot duck for this season's rep team selection. They pick GPS teams to play CAS after the 1st comp game v Newington on June 5th - that's only 2 weeks from this Saturday. I'm guessing he won't be back until the 2nd comp game v Kings on 17th July.:(

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
I think he's a shot duck for this season's rep team selection. They pick GPS teams to play CAS after the 1st comp game v Newington on June 5th - that's only 2 weeks from this Saturday. I'm guessing he won't be back until the 2nd comp game v Kings on 17th July.:(

Seriously Ace?

Mate, Max Jorgensen will be the #15 for the GPS 1st XV regardless if he he plays the 1st comp game vs Newington on June 5th or not.

Cheers
L2Scrum