• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2021

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Hey badger honey the point hes trying to make is that shore are useless in the past 7 years but with their head scout doing some field work at rugby carnivals etc they have stringed together a somewhat impressive team, but i'm guessing possibly the lack of chemistry between the players has restricted them playing to a high level.

They have been playing at a high level for a 1st XV school team.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)

Bob Egerton is a Gentleman and a Scholar.
A well respected person not only by the rugby boys but all the students at Stanmore.
He coached the Newington 1st XV to win the 2015 Premiership.[/quote]

think the premierships back in those times will be remembered poorly and their value somewhat discounted.

Not saying anything against the coach, I am sure he is a good fellow as you say.

Rippa

Peter Burge (5)
Newington have quite a strong backline predominantly in year 11

9. Dickens (Gen blue)
10. McGregor (Gen Blue) (However concussions)
11. Maclean (Played 13 last year was very stron one of the standout players in that side)
12. Townsend (I believe) (HM sharks)
13. Taukumo (One of the most decorated players in that class very strong)
14. L.Callanan (not much info)

Year 12
15. J.Callanan (really weak defensively, only attribute is his goal kicking does not provide much else)

Interesting to see how they go next year
The 2022 class was blowing every team out of the park coming through the ranks with their biggest challenger being shore in that age group

also interesting to see how shore match up against riverview. May be closer than expected
The Boys you have named are in the wrong positions and a few of the boys are not in the squad, and you have over stated their qualifications. It only matters what type of player you are this year not the past. And Gen blue selection doesn’t mean your a good player when they pick 5 squads in a year group lol.Good luck to the boys this weekend and I hope they play smart footy I really hope because they haven’t.

T

timmymont23

The Boys you have named are in the wrong positions and a few of the boys are not in the squad, and you have over stated their qualifications. It only matters what type of player you are this year not the past. And Gen blue selection doesn’t mean your a good player when they pick 5 squads in a year group lol.Good luck to the boys this weekend and I hope they play smart footy I really hope because they haven’t.

I have seen video of all in those positions stated

I also left Drew williams out i've seen him in 14 and 12 Played HM at manly

Sparkle Motion

Peter Burge (5)
Bob Egerton is a Gentleman and a Scholar.
A well respected person not only by the rugby boys but all the students at Stanmore.
He coached the Newington 1st XV to win the 2015 Premiership.

He has been an outstanding mentor to the year 7 13A team for the last few years. He really instills great values and team culture in the boys. I appreciate the emphasis on opens competition rugby in this group but some of the most sensational work, across all the schools, is happening at younger years and in lower ranked teams. We shouldn't forget the impact that those experiences have on the boys who participate.

Regardless at what happens at 3pm on Saturday afternoons!

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
Sparkle Motion I wholly agree with your comments above. While the emphasis is on the First XV level each week boys go out and play the best they can no matter what grade they play in. Without those coaches putting in the time and effort then this would not be possible. There are Rob Egerton's at every school and they do a wonderful job in laying the foundations for the future representatives of the school.
Looking forward to the competition starting tomorrow. While the trial games give us form on where teams stand the results are irrelevant when it comes to winning the GPS comp. The real deal starts tomorrow.
I am missing the build up the Joker generally gives us but good luck to all.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
3rd XV - Round 2 Results

Kings 31 d High 0
Shore 8 d Scots 0
Grammar 14 d Riverview 12
Joeys 30 d TAS 14

Shore edged Scots to remain undefeated. Grammar by the narrowest of margins at Riverview in what was a great game. High put up a good contest at Kings but the home side were too strong. Joeys confident winners at Hunters Hill but great to see TAS back in the comp. After two rounds, Grammar, Shore and Joeys remain undefeated. Scots and Kings have had one win and TAS, Riverview and High are yet to record a victory.

3rd XV - Round 3 Preview

Kings v Joeys @ North Parramatta
High v Shore @ Centennial Park
Scots v Riverview @ Bellevue Hill
TAS v Grammar @ Armidale

It's an important game for Kings at home as they face the undefeated Joeys side. Should be a great game on J.S White Oval and I am picking Joeys in a close one. High could struggle against the undefeated Shore side at Centennial Park so I think it will be Shore by a decent margin. Scots host Riverview at Bellevue Hill and you would have to say that a Scots victory will well and truly end any chance of the Riverview side lifting the Col Windon Shield in 2021. And TAS 1st XV hosts Grammar 1st XV in Armidale. It's great to see the games being played back at TAS this year and it should be a fantastic match.

INP