• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2021

T

timmymont23

As GPS Supporter I can only hope that the selectors have selected the right boys in the right positions especially in the forwards because from the what I’ve seen in the respective trials they (CAS) are brutal in their set pieces.

Good Luck to all the GPS teams.
Cheers
Love2Scrum

Well they haven't it should be the whole riverview backline (with no injuries)

T

timmymont23

Alas however, there are injuries and no it shouldn’t be the View backline. Reckon View will drop at least 2 games through the comp.

View vs scots will be difficult. But henry should be back, if they win they will be up for remaining games Kings (H) and Joeys (A)

Joeys will be big especially if they are both going for the prem

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
A viable source has told me that the selectors wanted a more consistent, reliable and promising 5/8 in the GPS 1st and that they just didn't see Bowen filling in the criteria with a someone what sup-par performance against Shore on the weekend, wheres McMullen helped Scots beat a very strong Kings side just with goal kicking. McMullen is looking very promising with selectors having their hopes high as they seem him wearing the number 10 for the Aus school boys. In the views of many McMullen was always the better 10 as he has always been very consistent and very promising, scots have been plagued with injuries to both their forwards and their backs while still attacking very well. McMullen is also very versatile and can fill in many rolls as seen playing 9, 10 and 12 this season wheres Bowen is only seen playing 10 and sticking to that position so it was a clear choice for the selectors in picking the more promising 10

Looks like the scots boys have hopped on the forums...

Sparkle Motion

Peter Burge (5)
Must've caught them on the wrong day OS, last time I was at Stanmore it was back to Newington day and they had a pig on a spit and were producing the most unbelievable pork rolls.

BP

I think you've hit the nail on the head. The Back to Newington Day offerings are next level, with the different groups celebrating a range of cultural elements that are at the heart of a surprisingly diverse school (Taste of Tonga, Lebanese, and many more). The standard BBQ in the shadows of the stand is good, and highly dependent on which members of which support groups are handling the tongs at the bain-marie.

My expert advice (I have almost nothing with respect to the finer points of high level GPS rugby, but a wealth of experience with BBQs): Hit the BBQ stand when the more portly folk are handling the tongs. Skinny people routinely fail to load up various breads satisfactorily. I don't think they are bad people, just misguided.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
solid advice!

I think you've hit the nail on the head. The Back to Newington Day offerings are next level, with the different groups celebrating a range of cultural elements that are at the heart of a surprisingly diverse school (Taste of Tonga, Lebanese, and many more). The standard BBQ in the shadows of the stand is good, and highly dependent on which members of which support groups are handling the tongs at the bain-marie.

My expert advice (I have almost nothing with respect to the finer points of high level GPS rugby, but a wealth of experience with BBQs): Hit the BBQ stand when the more portly folk are handling the tongs. Skinny people routinely fail to load up various breads satisfactorily. I don't think they are bad people, just misguided.

BrickLayer

Bob McCowan (2)
Received word from a liable source, Hooker Collins and Taber have been moved up from the white team to GPS blue. Collins is a crucial part to Riverview's historical run thus far, always giving it 100% and the agility of Taber is a sight to see at HH. Already pumped to see what happens at Knox on Thursday evening.

Cheers, Bricklayer

Rugby Ref

Herbert Moran (7)
All these late swaps and changes must be disruptive for the GPS teams, and their prep for Thursday nite. I dont see any such changes occurring in the CAS thread, and this just firms the CAS lads as favs for the game in my mind.

Its great that Cluch will be streaking live - should be a corker of a match.

ErinMolan

Frank Row (1)
This is just silly, no one believes you. The ARU doesn’t exist and even if it did it wouldn’t have a vote. If we are
talking about RA then their best course of action would be to simply thank the GPS schools for the substantial subsidy to player development costs and then shut up.
Agreed. Too many schoolboys on these threads starting false rumours! Get back to the HSC young bucks and you can come join the big boys after you're done with school.

BrickLayer

Bob McCowan (2)
All these late swaps and changes must be disruptive for the GPS teams, and their prep for Thursday nite. I dont see any such changes occurring in the CAS thread, and this just firms the CAS lads as favs for the game in my mind.

Its great that Cluch will be streaking live - should be a corker of a match.

Hopefully cluch will be 'lag-free'

BBQoysters

Frank Row (1)
don't think so BBQ - not if you believe the program. Riverview's excellent #9 Dan Nelson was playing in his accustomed position against Joeys, and the #10 was one Jack Matthews. Maybe Bowen was playing under an alias?

My apologies AV, I was speaking of McMullen from Scots not Bowen. Would love to hear some insights from this afternoons session

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
My apologies AV, I was speaking of McMullen from Scots not Bowen. Would love to hear some insights from this afternoons session

Well spotted BBQ! He was indeed playing #9 against Joeys a couple of weeks ago - see program.

Interesting to see both #13 Kalokalo and #15 Ollie Cummins have pulled out of GPS 1sts, presumably due to injury, leaving Scots with only 2 reps - McMullen at #10 and #13 Lancaster, the latter making the interesting move from #11 for his school. It normally goes the other way (ie, a good school centre being picked as wing in the rep side).

22May21 - trial v Scots.jpeg