• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2021

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
Any score from that game Rich and did GPS 1 play CAS?

8 games were played on Saturday

Each team played 2 games....only 20 minute halves rotating 23 players

Full games were to be played on Sunday

203872309_330560745320144_1974930424622947923_n.png

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
Looks unlikely that the NSW Gen Blue teams will get to play their games in Queensland this weekend. Some of the players are surely based in the eastern suburbs lockdown LGAs and the Qld border's slammed shut anyway.

NSW Gen Blue I were due to play Qld U18 Maroon at 3pm preceded by Gen Blue II v Qld U18 White at 1:30pm, both games at The Southport School on the Gold Coast. The boys were planning to fly up in the morning and fly back that same night, but that won't be happening now.

Wonder what Plan B is? They will need to play each other so that the various Australian Schools & U18 sides can be selected.

massivehog100

Frank Row (1)
Looks unlikely that the NSW Gen Blue teams will get to play their games in Queensland this weekend. Some of the players are surely based in the eastern suburbs lockdown LGAs and the Qld border's slammed shut anyway.

NSW Gen Blue I were due to play Qld U18 Maroon at 3pm preceded by Gen Blue II v Qld U18 White at 1:30pm, both games at The Southport School on the Gold Coast. The boys were planning to fly up in the morning and fly back that same night, but that won't be happening now.

Wonder what Plan B is? They will need to play each other so that the various Australian Schools & U18 sides can be selected.

Gen Blue 1 played Gen Blue 2 yesterday at 2pm. Close contest from what i've heard with Granger scoring 2 tries for the Gen Blue 2.

RuckInfringement

Frank Row (1)
Gen Blue 1 played Gen Blue 2 yesterday at 2pm. Close contest from what i've heard with Granger scoring 2 tries for the Gen Blue 2.

Very interesting MHog. I think Granger is a massively underrated player in this competition, strong, fast, good footwork and oh boy can he tackle well for a winger. The hit he put on in Rd 1 against Shore (I think it was on the Shore 13?) was a tackle any forward would be proud of, real bone rattler that one. The Shore boy ended up vomiting on the sideline and after being told to go back on, he made sure to steer clear of the Riverview winger for the rest of the game, not getting within touching distance.

Anyways, any other news on the game, final score? Other tryscorers? Standout players? Thought the selection of Katoa (Barker 10) at 12 in the 1's was interesting and I want to hear how that went but it paved the way for Jed Walsh (Augs) to get a run at 10 in the 2's. I hear Walsh is an old View boy (can someone confirm this??). Imagine how much backline depth they would have had if he stayed, would've added even more to the backline considered by many to be the best in the GPS this year. Anyway with 15 GPS boys playing in that game from four of the schools, could anyone provide an update as to how it played out overall?

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
real bone rattler that one. The Shore boy ended up vomiting on the sideline and after being told to go back on, he made sure to steer clear of the Riverview winger for the rest of the game, not getting within touching distance.
Sounds very suspect to me.
"Bone rattler" followed by vomiting followed by return to field.
Shouldn't have happened.
Those in the medical profession would know the reasons better than this aged forward.

Baxter

Peter Burge (5)
Hey guys my friend from gen blue 2 saw a certain flyhalf from another gen blue team hyping up riverview players

Rick Dalton

Frank Row (1)
Henry O'kane got robbed of the captaincy for the 2020 merit team.

If you question this you clearly havnt seen his electrifying schoolboy highlights.

Tweakin Tweakin