• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Give it a break mate, get back to doing what your meant to be doing your carrying on now buddy and to be honest I do not think anyone cares.
I think he is spot on and in a beautiful way, that only we Middle Class battlers can only understand, as opposed to the sons of the Bunyip Aristocracy. Oh by way Newington was 30 years old, had produced Colonial Leaders in the colony of New South Wales, before any body had ever heard of Scots. Back in 1893 Scots had just started, the original grounds was grazing land for cattle. In other words the the main oval back them, was most likely covered in shit. Sorry, "ItsNotPink", but the devil made me do it.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
If it didn't mean much, you would not be making excuses for the loss. You don't make sense. You brought up the 4 mssing boys not any New supporter. Agree that both sides were missing players and neither side were able to show their full potential but the fact is, from 7-7 I think at halftime, New went on with it and it was a solid, convincing win. Now, what happens next, we'll find out next year.

Your argument about the boys not having played with each other due to Glengarry etc, even strengthens my argument that these 4 boys should have been kept in the 16's. Now they won't see their team mates for close to 2 years. That is 2 years that they will have to make up in combos etc.

Let's leave it and move on. For your joint prem to happen, Joeys will need to lose one. You reckon Scots can beat Joeys at BH ? From what I saw on Sat, give you little chance. Not say New can win 100% at HH but we'll give it a go.

Wyvernboy
Scots cannot use GlenGarry, as an excuse for the lost of players. Your school's leadership made a decision back in the 1980s, to have an outdoor educational program. Live with it, or close down GlennGarry.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Newington are literally so bad, i don't understand your obsession with them.
Hello Ramen39
Newington as a school, or its Rugby Program, or its performing Arts Program. There is a lot about Newington going on, before you can dump on it. If its is the Rugby program, think again.Particularly, the 16As, who have won most of their games since the13As.
For this OldBoy, I experienced nothing but pride in our 1st XVs win last Saturday. And yes, they were the better team.

wyvernboy

Banned
Easy Black and White.

THEY don't understand it. As explained, ignore and move on. Otherwise, we'll start sounding like THEM.

Wyvernboy

PS Last Sat was good. New 13A, 15A, 16A and 1sts all wins. Not a bad day at the Scots office. Do we have any excuses for the 14A's or were they beaten by a better team ? I know the answer and it's suck it up and get better. We'll enjoy the winter break.
New to the Fore !!!

wyvernboy

Banned
RuckitRory

I saw Jackson play against New couple years ago and he was very, very good. mobile, aggresive and held the scrum well. If he has continued to improve, which in your opinion he has, then I'm sure he'll be in for higher selections. There must be a bee's you know what in it. Getting a good run in the 1sts must mean they are seriously looking at him.

Wyvernboy

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
1.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 125

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Easy Black and White.

THEY don't understand it. As explained, ignore and move on. Otherwise, we'll start sounding like THEM.

Wyvernboy

PS Last Sat was good. New 13A, 15A, 16A and 1sts all wins. Not a bad day at the Scots office. Do we have any excuses for the 14A's or were they beaten by a better team ? I know the answer and it's suck it up and get better. We'll enjoy the winter break.
New to the Fore !!!
Wise words, Wyvernboy. If I have one failing, one weakness, its my passion. I Shall move on

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
All right here we go!

For the very first time we have TABLES for the 13A, 13B, 14A, 14B, 15A, 15B, 16A and 16B teams.
What you see below will change and their will be a TABLE indicating the school position based on for and agaisnt.

This week I am just giving you this much.

Many, many, many thanks to my dear friend who crunched the numbers for us all.
Big thank you from us all.

The quicker get the results, the quicker we can study them.
THANK YOU everyone who helped.

3.jpg

Infamous schoolboy

Stan Wickham (3)
I think he is spot on and in a beautiful way, that only we Middle Class battlers can only understand, as opposed to the sons of the Bunyip Aristocracy. Oh by way Newington was 30 years old, had produced Colonial Leaders in the colony of New South Wales, before any body had ever heard of Scots. Back in 1893 Scots had just started, the original grounds was grazing land for cattle. In other words the the main oval back them, was most likely covered in shit. Sorry, "ItsNotPink", but the devil made me do it.
Hey buddy
How is this comment at all relevant in a schoolboy rugby forum? Quite frankly this information is boring and offers absolutely nothing to the conversation, but if it makes you feel better then go for your life. Also if you are a Newington old boy (sounds like you are) there is nothing about GPS schools that is middle class, the school fees are the only example I need.

Kind regards IS

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Hey buddy
How is this comment at all relevant in a schoolboy rugby forum? Quite frankly this information is boring and offers absolutely nothing to the conversation, but if it makes you feel better then go for your life. Also if you are a Newington old boy (sounds like you are) there is nothing about GPS schools that is middle class, the school fees are the only example I need.

Kind regards IS
Hello Infamous schoolboy

Please, can't you see there is element of Humour there. Further, you seen to know very little about Newington, its History, its social background and it's cliental. To me it sound's like you have embarked on a Left wing propaganda campaign, which is boring for me. Equally, you are indulging in GPS Schools bashing rant, from my perspective. Newington is well established school, in offering boys of merit, to enter the school at no cost to their parents. If you were truly aware, about Newington's social justice programs and the influence of the Uniting Church, you would realise how out of place your post is. Your commentary is cruel, to the majority of Newington parents who work their guts out, to sent their boys to the school.

My apologies, for my bluntness, but for me the efforts my parents went to, and the sacrifices they made were second to none. So its deeply personal and indeed hurtful, that you make out that I am product of some privileged socio-economic group.

Again, my apologies if I being extremely direct, particularly as you have attempted to show courtesy to me. But, I feel really proud that my background is Middle Class, aspirational and of parental sacrifice.

Kind Regards
B&W

Last edited:

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
This is a common complaint with Scots being on the eastern edge of Sydney. Plus, public transport is not easy to there. (I know. I traveled from the Inner West to Scots for years by taking two buses and train in peak hour)

Joeys (being quite central) does see a healthy number of Newington and Riverview lads watching the big game. It is accessible for most and plus the kick ass BBQ keeps them coming back for more. Scots and Kings do turn up in numbers as well but they put on buses I believe. (Well that is what I thought anyway. The last time at Joeys I saw some "Brave hearted" Scots Boys flipping me the bird as their bus rolled by. Classy)

Attendance at Kings can be tough as well due to distance. But again, some schools put on buses.

Overall, I would give some schools some slack as travel for those who dont have mum/dad driving them or a school bus can be tricky.
Not exactly central but a lot of Newington boys live in Hunters Hill. Apparently it’s the closest non Catholic GPS school. I imagined Shore would be closer but apparently not.

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I wouldn't say that. Newington are right up the Scots, Riverview and closing in on Grammar (who last one a 1st XV premiership in 1967). Some of the best games I have seen involved Newington and I enjoy the hill and the ground. With the planes booming over it adds charm to the occasion.

View attachment 13907

Just one point though, none of those schools including Kings sit anywhere near Joeys on Mt Sinai. Now, lets hear from those Joeys haters!

View attachment 13908
Interesting stats re Shore. They are penultimate on the 1st XV tally but converse on the 2nd XV tally. Why didn’t they just move some of their 2nds players up? Why would there be such a gap in their 1sts and 2nds performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.